Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Length of Shows--90 Minutes???
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:00

So I am in the middle of making travel plans to go to the Stones' Pittsburgh show and now I have put a halt on all plans! I just read the reviews from the Petco Show and the band plays roughly 90 minutes....break that down to cost per minute...over $10 per minute...that includes the cost of ticket, hotel, and travel expenses...AND the set list is NOT awe-inspiring. AND no Mick Taylor and NO Bobby Keyes...I think I need to rethink this.
Was anyone really disappointed in the show? I know the man who wrote the second review here sounded disgruntled. I doubt that BV would ever be negative here on IORR. ( or ANYWHERE where he would be discussing a Stones show). I just don't want my last show to be a downer.

Re: Length of Shows--90 Minutes???
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:03

Petco was 2 hours 15 minutes. The 90 minutes in the review section hasn't been updated from the club show review. (I'm sure that will change though.)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:15

mickschix
So I am in the middle of making travel plans to go to the Stones' Pittsburgh show and now I have put a halt on all plans! I just read the reviews from the Petco Show and the band plays roughly 90 minutes....break that down to cost per minute...over $10 per minute...that includes the cost of ticket, hotel, and travel expenses...AND the set list is NOT awe-inspiring. AND no Mick Taylor and NO Bobby Keyes...I think I need to rethink this.
Was anyone really disappointed in the show? I know the man who wrote the second review here sounded disgruntled. I doubt that BV would ever be negative here on IORR. ( or ANYWHERE where he would be discussing a Stones show). I just don't want my last show to be a downer.

I can't believe that people actually break it down like this working out the cost of the show per minute to yourself,have you not got an ounce of romance in you.

Get your ticket and have a fantastic night watching the greatest band in the world or maybe you prefer to sit at home and do some bookkeeping.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:18

Nate
mickschix

I can't believe that people actually break it down like this working out the cost of the show per minute to yourself,have you not got an ounce of romance in you.

Get your ticket and have a fantastic night watching the greatest band in the world or maybe you prefer to sit at home and do some bookkeeping.

Nate cool smiley

thumbs up

Date: May 26, 2015 00:20

No, I am glad you corrected the running time of the show! And NATE, of course I have to think of the cost...and all that's involved in this ordeal. I live in the BOONIES and it is a huge effort. The big thing for me is the outdoor venues. Romance!? Stadium shows are NOT romantic in the least. If you're not a drunk, you spend your time trying not to get beer dumped on you, jostling with people in YOUR space etc. Believe me, I have had romance with the Stones...this may not be one of those times.smoking smiley
Thanks rebelrebel for the correct running time of the show. I still may go, depending on the friend who is the driver!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:20

Will you also pull out the stopwatch to track the length of the breaks between songs?

Date: May 26, 2015 00:26

Only YOUR pottie break, Nikkei.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:29

I'm more the buttock clench type of guy when it comes to Stones shows.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:32

well Nikkei you shouldn't wear such tight panty-hose

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:32

I'd go (and will be if they come to Europe again)...it's not like they're your favourite soccer team who if you don't see them this week, well, you can always go next week or month..........

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:35

I am quite amazed that they are still doing 135 minute shows... and every time I read a review of some new artist playing only a 65-75 minute show, I think of my Great Rolling Stones and smile.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:38

Appreciate your advice, Rockee. Guess I will go for some kind of toga next time round.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:42

Leonioid
I am quite amazed that they are still doing 135 minute shows... and every time I read a review of some new artist playing only a 65-75 minute show, I think of my Great Rolling Stones and smile.
Macca did 3 hour show in O2 last night

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:47

No one cares go to the other band's site

Date: May 26, 2015 00:50

Appreciate your advice, Rockee. Guess I will go for some kind of toga next time round.

Maybe ya should give Steveee Van a call ...[www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: May 26, 2015 01:02

It's good that his name is in the clip title, I thought that was Ghaddafi for a second.
But yeah, that kind of stuff.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:03

Oh, just go. It'll be fine. Some songs will suck but it's worth it for those moments when they come together and you're watching The Rolling Stones again.

Date: May 26, 2015 01:05

Lil Stevie looks a little paunchy! You're too funny, Rockman!! Speaking of panties, I got my own twisted when I thought the Stones were only doing 90 minute shows on this tour....I'm calm now!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:06

andrewt
Oh, just go. It'll be fine. Some songs will suck but it's worth it for those moments when they come together and you're watching The Rolling Stones again.

I found only one or two songs actually sucked the last time I saw them...disappointing as I was really looking forward to them. They were Doom and Gloom and Rocks Off.

I think D&G could work live, but I haven't heard of a recent version of Rocks Off that came off well.

Date: May 26, 2015 01:10

Speaking of panties, I got my own twisted when I thought the Stones were only doing 90 minute shows on this tour....I'm calm now!

Probably best you don't wear any to the Stones show .... deep down you'll feel better

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:13

Pretty sure the contract calls for 1 hr. 45 minutes. That's pretty typical for headliners these days anyway. Anything less and they risk getting paid fully, anything more and it's a gift.

mickschix, judging from your name you are a big Mick fan and from my perspective he is really singing and performing well. It would be a shame to miss the show, at least the one we saw last night. It was indeed great, I promise you.

I don't know how I would have felt if I were in a place the sound wasn't good or I couldn't watch the fretboard work of the guitarists. Stadium shows are just like smaller venues when you're close enough, but I certainly understand your concern if your seats are far from the stage. For me the show is in the first 20 rows or not at all, these days. We were 6th row center for this one. I kind of felt sorry for people like roller99 in row 1 with the security guard presence and even worse for people in the first couple rows but waaay over to the side. It seemed like they probably paid big bucks and the stage was really wide with big screens almost blocking the views from over there. Can't even imagine what it was like in the farthest upper sections, probably like watching a video with 39,999 friends and the volume turned way up.

peace

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:21

Leonioid

Well, with some bands the singers actually sing instead of hurl grunts out like Jagger!

Date: May 26, 2015 01:29

GasLightStreet
Leonioid

Well, with some bands the singers actually sing instead of hurl grunts out like Jagger!
What?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:30

Leonioid
GasLightStreet
Leonioid

What?

Whaddayamean, what? That's just a fact!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:30

mickschix

the stones fans i know in "real life" (not IORR) who saw the show all said it was amazing.

Date: May 26, 2015 02:01

Rockman, you dream big! I love it! You probably right about going commando...FREE at last! I am not in a pissy mood anymore. And I am the first to defend the Stones but thinking it was a really short show ( short for your typical Stones show), did not make my day. And we ARE spoiled because for many bands, 90 minutes is the norm.
Leonioid, must be YOU haven't seen the Stones in quite a few years. The last tour that Mick grunted the lyrics ( and that's YOUR opinion, not mine), it was '75...and STILL he danced circles around the competition. Guess I talked myself right back into going..on with the SHOW! Thanks all!

Date: May 26, 2015 02:04

mickschix

Leonioid, must be YOU haven't seen the Stones in quite a few years. The last tour that Mick grunted the lyrics ( and that's YOUR opinion, not mine), it was '75...and STILL he danced circles around the competition. Guess I talked myself right back into going..on with the SHOW! Thanks all!

Sorry, but you have the wrong poster, I didn't say he grunted. I like Mick Jagger and the way he sings. I am one of the people here who actually likes The Rolling Stones, past and present.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 02:07 by Leonioid.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:09

beat me to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 02:10 by SharksWillCry.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:20

If you read my report you will see that the show lasted 2 h 15 minutes. It was a short copy&paste glitch but it isa fixed now. You can not play 20 Stones songs in 1,5 hours...

Bjornulf

Posted by: RockGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2015 10:46

I was at the San Diego show and they played for well over two hours almost until midnight. Worth every freakin' penny! If you have to break down your expenses to dollars per minute, you should probably skip going to a show if you're going to stress that much over money. Money is meant to be spent on the things you want and love to do. Go and enjoy the show! Buy lots of merch!

Cheers!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home