Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

STICKY FINGERS- SHORT CHANGE FOR THE FANS
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: May 10, 2015 16:04

Sticy fingers deluxe would have been good value for money for the fans if 1 cd was with 10 or 12 recorded songs,they have so many tracks but jagger and company got lazy,they do not record new cd and still lazy about songs all ready in the can.songs they could have put on cd 2.
no 1) let it rock
no 2.brown sugaar (with clapton)
no 3) don't the reason why (blues track)
no 4) two trains
no 5) can't you hear me knocking alt take,(which will be on cd)
no 6) bitch alt take( on the cd)
no 7) i don't know why (s.wonder song)
no 8) you gotta to move (longer track)
no 9) wild horses alt take (which is on cd)
no 10) alll down the line (diff take which is on i tune)
i wonder how this deluxe cd is going to sell,could have put roundhouse songe with ,marquee dvd,just like the song,SAD,SAD,SAD. I am sure other fans have more tracks than what i have put on the list,i lved the exile deluxe and some girls,not sure about this one,i am sure lot fans will love it.

Re: STICKY FINGERS- SHORT CHANGE FOR THE FANS
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2015 16:14

Yeah, and if the zipper handle is actually gonna be a freakin little golden tongue, I'll be done with their rereleases altogether.

Date: May 10, 2015 16:18

they all the time in the world and still cannot get it right ,more worried about the zipper,to make sure they can unzip it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 10, 2015 17:40

I willing to wait and hear what the re-release sounds like before I feel short changed. Listen to the whole thing and see how I feel. I haven't listened to the re-mastered version that is already available so I'm hoping these tunes sound great.

Since it's one of their best records I imagine I will be plenty satisfied.

peace

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 10, 2015 19:02

I will download the few worthwhile new tracks from Google Play. This rerelease is completely unnecessary in my book. The early takes leaked online are fun to hear but it is honestly not very exciting. Put me in the camp who would rather hear one more new Rolling Stones record, than yet another brickwalled rerelease.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 10, 2015 19:14

I'm wondering if threads like this could just be dumped into the 'generic bitches and other complaints' thread?

I'm not sure if that's the exact title.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 10, 2015 20:03

treaclefingers
I'm wondering if threads like this could just be dumped into the 'generic bitches and other complaints' thread?

Isn't "Generic Bitches and Other Complaints" an outtake from some where?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 10, 2015 20:04

Long John Stoner
treaclefingers

Isn't "Generic Bitches and Other Complaints" an outtake from some where?

I'm guessing it would be from Goats Head Soup.

Date: May 10, 2015 21:14

treaclefingers i think you should be dumped with all the crap you come with,it was my opion what they could have done with deluxe edtion,i said exile and some girls were good for fans you just like blind leading the blind,if you do not like my opinion you do not need to read and make crap comments,i am fan of the stones too.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 10, 2015 22:04

kish_stoned
Sticy fingers deluxe would have been good value for money for the fans if 1 cd was with 10 or 12 recorded songs,they have so many tracks but jagger and company got lazy,they do not record new cd and still lazy about songs all ready in the can.songs they could have put on cd 2.
no 1) let it rock
no 2.brown sugaar (with clapton)
no 3) don't the reason why (blues track)
no 4) two trains
no 5) can't you hear me knocking alt take,(which will be on cd)
no 6) bitch alt take( on the cd)
no 7) i don't know why (s.wonder song)
no 8) you gotta to move (longer track)
no 9) wild horses alt take (which is on cd)
no 10) alll down the line (diff take which is on i tune)
i wonder how this deluxe cd is going to sell,could have put roundhouse songe with ,marquee dvd,just like the song,SAD,SAD,SAD. I am sure other fans have more tracks than what i have put on the list,i lved the exile deluxe and some girls,not sure about this one,i am sure lot fans will love it.

+1 I don't know why they will release only some tracks from Roundhouse 1971 in a bonus cd that has got some alternate tracks. Maybe they didn't want to work on other tracks.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:14

I have enough money to spend and will buy the SUPER DE LUXE BOXED SET just to look at it (while playing the never heard versions of BITCH and CANT YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING) and put it in my collection.

What's so special about Don't Know The Reason Why, Two Trains Running, I Don't Know Why?
I have them on excellent bootlegs (vinyl and cd) since the 80's.

Posted by: Mikael ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:34

It would have been even better with the complete Roundhouse gig, and a few more alternate mixes and outtakes.

Especially Brown Sugar 1 (or the one with no lead guitar and "brown sugar - sure tastes good" ) and the BS from the first Hot Rocks pressing. Those are the best and raunchiest versions. And "Reason Why " would have been great too.

Nevertheless; I can´t wait to get this! I´m not a big earner... but presumably we get Leeds in stereo, and that alone makes it worthwhile.

And the snippets of Bitch and CYHMK sound great!

So.

Let´s just hope the zipper works.smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 11, 2015 00:01

Kish_stoned. Treacle is not a problem here. Seems to me he's being objective same as you. I think a lot of hard core fans would like to see more special songs included in these re-issues. Of course their on-going marketing tactics don't allow for this. Anyway we can dream and talk about it, I hope.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:28

if you dont like it , dont buy it .very simple

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 12, 2015 21:59

Yes it's a pity they couldn't find any unreleased songs to put out in the deluxe edition. There are a few we know about such as 'Travellin' Man' "Highway Child' 'Hillside Blues' 'Country Blues' and probably more. Whether they (or more likely Mick) just couldn't be bothered to work on them, or didn't think they were good enough to consider we don't know. There is also the spectre of Alan Klein and the possibility that recordings from the period are caught up in the ABKCO net.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:13

MrTurner
Yes it's a pity they couldn't find any unreleased songs to put out in the deluxe edition. There are a few we know about such as 'Travellin' Man' "Highway Child' 'Hillside Blues' 'Country Blues' and probably more. Whether they (or more likely Mick) just couldn't be bothered to work on them, or didn't think they were good enough to consider we don't know. There is also the spectre of Alan Klein and the possibility that recordings from the period are caught up in the ABKCO net.

As posted many times, ABKCO doesn't prevent them from using material pre-1971 material anymore, as they are on good terms. Example: "Loving Cup" and "Title 5" from the Exile Deluxe were recorded in 1967 and 1969, respectivly, and published by ABKCO.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:16

Blueranger
MrTurner

As posted many times, ABKCO doesn't prevent them from using material pre-1971 material anymore, as they are on good terms. Example: "Loving Cup" and "Title 5" from the Exile Deluxe were recorded in 1967 and 1969, respectivly, and published by ABKCO.

Yep ok Blueranger that ain't the reason then! Well I suppose there is a possibility the aforementioned recordings might yet get released. How about a LIB deluxe or GHS deluxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 22:20 by MrTurner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home