Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New ABKCO Release of "Satisfaction" for the 50th Anniversary. Coming Out on July 10th.
Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 00:48

Personally I'm disappointed in this, but this is what ABKCO has chosen to put out for the 50th Anniversary of "Satisfaction", released this July. It's a Numbered Limited-Edition of Satisfaction backed with the U.S. and U.K. flip sides, The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man and the Spider And The Fly, in a replica of the American 45 picture sleeve on 12-inch vinyl.

Personally, I thought ABKCO should have made a gate-fold cover with both the mono version on one single, and the stereo mix on another single--along with a booklet about the history of the song. After all we are talking about one of the greatest Rock anthems of all-time. This is the song that catapulted the Stones into world fame. It went to # 1 in over 30 different countries and has been voted the Greatest Rock And Roll song on numerous polls over the last 50 years - and this is what we're getting. I think Satisfaction deserves more than this. This is too plain to me and doesn't excite me at all, but I thought some of you might like to know about it's release.

Here is the link to Amazon.com

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 01:09 by stones1969.

Re: New ABKCO Release of "Satisfaction" for the 50th Anniversary Being. Coming Out on July 10th.
Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 10, 2015 01:14

I totally agree with you but ordered it anywaysmiling smiley

Re: New ABKCO Release of "Satisfaction" for the 50th Anniversary Being. Coming Out on July 10th.
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2015 11:00

See also the Thread "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary Edition": [www.iorr.org] as well as "SATISFACTION 50th Anniversary 12" Vinyl!": [www.iorr.org] .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home