Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Some Girls reissue
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 1, 2011 11:30

one of the MISS YOU alternate rocks much more than the released one

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2011 11:35

Gazza
Erik_Snow
First of all; "I Need You"

After that - Do You Think I Really Care, So Young and Claudine

The thing about Some Girls outtakes.....even though they're great listens - the versions we know from bootlegs are not even half finished. For instance "A Different Kind".....cou've been great, as the chords and melody is terrific. But it's running dry pretty soon - pretty much because of the vocals. And I doubt that songs like these ever were finished, lyric-wise; or overdub-wise; based on interviews and the bootlegs. I bet a "Some Girls reissue" would be just as overdubbed as the "Exile reissue" if Jagger and the band ever would be satisfied enough with it to let it be officially released.

The best listens of the SG outtakes is actually "alternate" or "more complete" versions of the songs that made it to the album "Some Girls"

"More Fast Numbers" - the double CD from DAC - is a great starter to hear some of this stuff in best possible quality.

I believe youre quite correct, Erik. They recorded over 40 songs. Realistically, what would be the point of finishing many more than they needed.

If anything, they were probably stockpiling tracks in case Keith had to go to jail. Had that happened, then Jagger could have THEN finished the lyrics and vocals for release. The music was pretty much done, based on the evidence of the bootlegs.

For once, I'm correct ! Thanks!

Yes I agree, music is pretty much done - a lot of songs only need editing, new vocals/lyrics - and maybe another leadguitar.

If there ever will be a "Some Girls reissue", I wouldn't be surprised if it was the standard "Some Girls" added with a DVD of Fort Worth 1978 - as this concert/footage is absolutely smoking - and also; because there is no live album released of this tour.

The band WOULD have to pay Chuck Berry for doing 2 covers of him, tho' - which they obviously dislike doing - but apart from that; there's no reason to not release that concert.

Finishing the "unfinished" SG outtakes, would mean a lot of work for Jagger; and I bet even him would see that the "loose feeling" of the 1977-78 sessions is hard to "re-do" at this time.....the songs would be completely different if there's a 2011 Jagger on top of the basic tracks. But I'll welcome a Fort Worth 1978 DVD release, myself, so I approve of my idea. Rolling Stones are now free to release it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 1, 2011 12:15

i hope they gonna include the LA anaheim shoes show too! I grew up with that one!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:18

Glam descendant
How about the original SG cover, can they reissue that?

The first CD edition in the 80's was released with the original cover.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:21

Whatever they do: NO OVERDUBS!

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:54

ab
Whatever they do: NO OVERDUBS!

Well, how many 'finished' vocal tracks do you know dating from these sessions? Every 'new' song will have vocal overdubs for sure.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2011 16:28

While I agree, Vocalion, many fans just want them to legally release the bootlegs. The artist rarely shares the same enthusiasm for unfinished material.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2011 16:29

IOW; Fort Worth 1978 on DVD is the solution

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2011 17:05

Whatever the reissue is, for the vinyl version, would really appreciate it being released with the original singles in original Picture sleeves (YES, Beast of Burden!), including the cover of Keith for Before They Make Me Run.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 2, 2011 06:27

Erik_Snow
IOW; Fort Worth 1978 on DVD is the solution

That is *exactly* what I emailed to friends when I first caught wind of this release. (the sentiment that is, not the exact wording)

Quick, someone remind MICK about that footage!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home