Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nile Rodgers: "Mick Jagger wanted me to produce The Rolling Stones"
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 29, 2015 19:21

Nile Rodgers: “Mick Jagger wanted me to produce The Rolling Stones”

Uncut April 29

The Chic guitarist and producer was tapped up by the Stones in the late '70s

Nile Rodgers, speaking in the new issue of Uncut, has revealed that Mick Jagger wanted him to produce The Rolling Stones in the late ’70s.

However, the Chic guitarist, songwriter and producer turned the band down, saying his hands-on production style would not have worked for the group.

“As a matter of fact, [Jagger] wanted me to produce the Stones,” Rodgers says. “That would’ve been interesting because the Stones were the first superstar act that was offered to us, and instead we did Sister Sledge.

“Bernard [Edwards] and I knew it would’ve been a bad move to work with the Stones. How do you tell The Rolling Stones, ‘Right, we’re going to write all your songs and then you come in and you play like this’?”

Chic’s first album for two decades, It’s About Time…, is released later this year.

Read more at [www.uncut.co.uk]

Re: Nile Rodgers: "Mick Jagger wanted me to produce The Rolling Stones"
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2015 19:27

Nile chose well...he would've been wearing Keith's broken guitar around his neck within minutes...

Mick is dangerous...he'd use Eberhard Schoener or Albhy Galuten if Keith weren't around

Date: April 29, 2015 19:46

Munichhilton
Nile chose well...he would've been wearing Keith's broken guitar around his neck within minutes...

I don't think so.

I love Nile. Great guy, great musician, excellent producer. He's funky. But it wouldn't be a great match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-29 19:47 by BowieStone.

Date: April 29, 2015 19:53

BowieStone
Munichhilton

I don't think so.

I love Nile. Great guy, great musician, excellent producer. He's funky. But it wouldn't be a great match.

I also like Nile...but look how pissed Keith is already...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 29, 2015 19:56

Not sure about the late 70's, or Nile Roger's for that matter but they sure could have used someone else producing throughout the 80's and beyond. I think after Jimmy Miller left they have always thought themselves capable of producing which may be true, but the results were never better than when Miller's talents were at work.

peace

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:00

The article doesn't seem to mention that Nile produced three tracks for SHE'S THE BOSS and that he, Bernard Edwards, and Tony Thompson played on the album. Of course, considering how much blow Nile did during those sessions, he might not recall that. He also mixed a 12" single of "Dancing in the Street' with Mick during the middle of the DIRTY WORK sessions.

Date: April 29, 2015 20:09

Munichhilton
BowieStone
Munichhilton

I don't think so.

I also like Nile...but look how pissed Keith is already...

Yeah, I think Keith shoved his guitar into something judging on Niles expression.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:10

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:24

Nile did alright with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:24

I recall the story the Nile decided to finally get clean of drugs after reading that Keith Richards had recently done so....that was his motivation. Then shortly after he does, he gets a call from Keith.."Hey Nile, you know where I can get some "bump"?

peace

Date: April 29, 2015 20:25

Rocky Dijon
The article doesn't seem to mention that Nile produced three tracks for SHE'S THE BOSS and that he, Bernard Edwards, and Tony Thompson played on the album. Of course, considering how much blow Nile did during those sessions, he might not recall that. He also mixed a 12" single of "Dancing in the Street' with Mick during the middle of the DIRTY WORK sessions.

Uh Oh...point, set and match in 3 little words...Nile's outta here

Date: April 29, 2015 20:28

tomcasagranda
Nile did alright with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck.

"Family Style" ?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:35

Naturalust
I recall the story the Nile decided to finally get clean of drugs after reading that Keith Richards had recently done so....that was his motivation. Then shortly after he does, he gets a call from Keith.."Hey Nile, you know where I can get some "bump"?

peace

Just when I thought I was out... THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:43

Rocky Dijon
nope those were cleaner sessions than you'd expect. They were all hardcore but the party was usually after the sessions. Mick, Nile, Bowie they were not out of sorts during dates.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 29, 2015 20:47

Nile said the same thing on a BBC documentary called The Hitmaker, which I saw a few weeks ago. No additional airings appear to be scheduled for now, but it's definitely worth looking out for.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home