Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones cover bands - Let's see them.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:16

So cover bands. Which ones are good? Do you have one yourself? Put up some videos and let's see them.
Here's one I'm in. There was an event in my city called Horsens All Stars, and I was picked for the workshop group with the Stones as the theme. You had 6 hours to work up a 30 minute set. Here's all of it (I'm the guy in with the black tongue tee doing the solo on SFTD):

[youtu.be]

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Rolling Stones cover bands - Let's see them.
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:37

No cover band but I've played plenty of Stones songs in plenty of bands over the years, don't know many rock players who haven't.

But to stay in the spirit of your post I'll post a very quick recording I did of Let it Loose several years back...its hard for me to listen to these days, should have taken a lot more time with the vocal, etc. but it's a single take effort so take it for what it is...just a simple one man tribute to one of my favorite Stones tunes.

peace

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:52

My band is actually opening up for a Stones Tribute Band called Start Me Up in June. I don't know anything about them but I'd guess that OUR versions of HTW & JJF WON'T be played that night.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:00

mr_dja
My band is actually opening up for a Stones Tribute Band called Start Me Up in June. I don't know anything about them but I'd guess that OUR versions of HTW & JJF WON'T be played that night.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Hey since your opening I'd say you definitely have that option....and it's possible one of those isn't in their set list anyway and if so you could always tell them ya played it as a tribute to them..ha. But you'd better be sure you play it as good or better before the attempt.

Break a leg DJA.

peace

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:15

Going to see the counterfit stones next month should be fun.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:37

There looks to be a fun night of tribute band battle at the legendary Belly Up Tavern in San Diego the night before the opener... I bought a ticket yesterday thinking this might sell out as the concert gets close..

Event Information

Become a Belly Up VIP!
Genre: Beatles tribute band vs. Rolling Stones tribute band

Ticket Price: $19 advanced / $21 day of show / $34 reserved seating

The two greatest rock 'n' roll bands of all time face off as The Belly Up hosts tributes to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Taking the side of the Fab Four is Abbey Road, one of the country’s top Beatles tribute bands. With brilliant musicianship and authentic costumes and gear, Abbey Road plays beloved songs spanning the Beatles' career. They engage in a musical “shoot out” of the hits against premier Stones tribute band Jumping Jack Flash, who offer a faithful rendition of the music and style of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and the bad boys of the British Invasion.

Abbey Road - A Tribute to the Beatles
The Abbey Road band members portray the Beatles in an award-winning, nationally touring musical biography of the "Fab Four" called In My Life - A Musical Theatre Tribute to the Beatles. The musical gives the audience a glimpse inside the world of the Beatles from the band’s point of view, as well as hear some of the greatest songs ever written. The producers wrote the script to give the audience a chance to “be there” at pivotal moments in the extraordinary career of the Beatles: Liverpool’s legendary Cavern Club, The Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Stadium, and the final live performance on the rooftop of the Apple Corp offices.
Jumping Jack Flash - A Tribute to the Rolling Stones
Jumping Jack Flash honors the privilege of re-creating a Rolling Stones live performance by delivering what audiences come to see — the theatrics and power of the “Greatest Rock-n-Roll Band In The World” in its’ prime, with you in the front row! Performing song selections from all periods of The Stones’ legendary career, you can depend on hearing the band perform the hits that you still sing along to in your car (however badly).

The greatest care has been given to the smallest details, to insure that song performance, wardrobe, instrumentation, etc., are spot on re-creations of the real thing. No that's not really Mick-n-Keef in your local theater, but it is bloody close!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home