Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS Cover band tickets?
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:54

This site has Stones tickets on sale now.....BUT I believe its for a cover band, not that it's mentioned anywhere that I read...

[rolling-stones-tour.com]

Buyer beware!! Anyone else have more info on it?

Probably TRS should get this website taken down as it all seems pretty false.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Re: RS Cover band tickets?
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:57

Ohhh...when you go into buy tickets it finally says Tribute Band.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 26, 2015 02:54

This is "Rolling Stones" not "The Rolling Stones". Quite a piece of deception especially when sentences in the advertisement start with the word "The", and no where does it say they are not affiliated with the actual Stones.

I wonder if they actually get people at the shows thinking they are going to an actual Stones show? confused smiley

peace

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 26, 2015 03:14

Naturalust
This is "Rolling Stones" not "The Rolling Stones". Quite a piece of deception especially when sentences in the advertisement start with the word "The", and no where does it say they are not affiliated with the actual Stones.

I wonder if they actually get people at the shows thinking they are going to an actual Stones show? confused smiley

peace

Last year many fans were conned into attending a show at the Stafford Theater in Stafford Springs CT by the trib band Sticky Fingers. While the band didnt hide that they werent the Rolling Stones they advertised that Bobby Keys, Bernard Fowler and Waddy Wachtel were in the band. The dude whose band it is is Glen Carrol. I attended the show with the sole purpose of outting the turd and recommending to attendees to request a refund which I and more than a few others did. Once the music started it was clear to everyone that they had been had as the band was horrible. The next day I wrote a message to Carrol revieling that I was the one responsible for the backlash. His retort was comical and childish. I also sent all info I had to the Keys, Fowler and Wachtel camps. Carrol subsequentually reformatted his website. Some people are just born swarthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-26 03:20 by massmick.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 26, 2015 07:13

massmick
Naturalust

peace

Last year many fans were conned into attending a show at the Stafford Theater in Stafford Springs CT by the trib band Sticky Fingers. While the band didnt hide that they werent the Rolling Stones they advertised that Bobby Keys, Bernard Fowler and Waddy Wachtel were in the band. The dude whose band it is is Glen Carrol. I attended the show with the sole purpose of outting the turd and recommending to attendees to request a refund which I and more than a few others did. Once the music started it was clear to everyone that they had been had as the band was horrible. The next day I wrote a message to Carrol revieling that I was the one responsible for the backlash. His retort was comical and childish. I also sent all info I had to the Keys, Fowler and Wachtel camps. Carrol subsequentually reformatted his website. Some people are just born swarthy.

Is this the same guy? I did notice a Rolling Stones plays Sticky Fingers on one of the links, never did see a thing that mentioned it was a tribute band but I was a bit shocked at the $455 ticket prices for good seats.

Nothing against tribute bands in general, per se, but this kind of deceptive advertising crap is complete B.S.

peace

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 26, 2015 15:01

A couple of years ago I saw the tribute band "Satisfaction-The Rolling Stones" and people were mad because it was not the real band. People were on their phones complaining to whoever and some were on the phone telling people they were about to see The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2015 15:06

Naturalust
massmick
Naturalust

peace

Is this the same guy? I did notice a Rolling Stones plays Sticky Fingers on one of the links, never did see a thing that mentioned it was a tribute band but I was a bit shocked at the $455 ticket prices for good seats.

Nothing against tribute bands in general, per se, but this kind of deceptive advertising crap is complete B.S.

peace

Can't even get my mind around someone spending $910 for a pair of tickets, getting to their seats, the show starts and noticing that "Mick" looks a bit beefy as he prances on stage to Brown Sugar.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 26, 2015 15:52

treaclefingers
Naturalust
massmick
Naturalust

peace

peace

Can't even get my mind around someone spending $910 for a pair of tickets, getting to their seats, the show starts and noticing that "Mick" looks a bit beefy as he prances on stage to Brown Sugar.

And still some people will go back home convinced they've just seen The Rolling Stones >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2015 15:56

There are several good tribute bands over here in U.K. and don't go in for deception at all.

A great night of Stones songs for about £15 -20 or so.

Rollin' Stoned and Counterfeit Stones I have seen. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:08

Naturalust
massmick
Naturalust

peace

peace

no def not the same group. While the ticket page is a scam, i do not think it is derived from the Classic Albums Live group, who are pretty good. Sticky Fingers Trib Band are the horrifics.
I think the ticket page and band are completely seperate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home