Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Low point of Stones career, but did you know?
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 23, 2011 21:29

stonescrow
Let's Spend The Night Together was dreadful and the only Stones DVD concert performance I refuse to watch. Mind you I love all the rest and couldn't live without them. Watched Rio (from The Biggest Bang) the other night and actually got into Rain Fall Down, believe it or not, maybe ABB is going to grow on me yet?

I don't know about calling 81 a "low-point" ("Running Out of Luck?" anyone?) but "Let's Spend the Night Together" remains the only RS doc that is painful to watch. Painful to listen to too. They sounded horrible and Jagger was @#$%& to the gills, shouting lyrics, too fast, cursing and this is the tour where he kept fondling himself.....he was a wreck.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 23, 2011 23:24

Sleepy City
I thought 1975 - 1976 was their lowpoint as a live band (particularly Mick's horrible growled / slurred vocals), though I doubt if many here agree...

Give me Hampton '81 over any videos / audios I've seen / heard from the mid 70s.

Think you'll find quite a few who do!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 23, 2011 23:50

Personally I didn't care for the Bridges to Babylon Tour in 1997. Most of the new songs weren't working (Especially Anybody Seen My Baby) and there was a certain aimlessness to it all. The only time they seemed to shake off the ennui was on the B stage. That's why I was so shocked when they came back and were killer diller in '99 on the No Security Tour. 1981 and 1982 had a lot more kick to them that BTB tour.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 24, 2011 06:13

The low point is RIGHT NOW.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 24, 2011 13:12

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home