Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Do The Stones make you sick?
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 10, 2015 19:45

Well, I couldn't figure it out....having trouble sleeping, fingers and toes twitching all the time...familiar music ringing in my ears...adrenaline rush every now and then.....almost went to the doctor....until I saw this! Going to the doctor is only gonna make OTHER people feel better about me anyways. Now it all makes sense...wonder if I can get my show count up to 90 or so.....some things you just can't explain to people. I mean, it's like telling someone what raw oysters taste like, if you never had them, you wouldn't understand. Just no way no how......

Medication

Re: Do The Stones make you sick?
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 10, 2015 20:13

Ha ha...Ronnie's tour diary from 1965 will be interesting "Er, not on tour with the Stones, not even in the Stones for another 10 years"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 10, 2015 20:34

Depends which side of the pond you're posting from.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2015 21:12

Do dictators need a slap on the wrist?

Date: March 10, 2015 21:39

treaclefingers

That made me laugh.......I don't know why.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 10, 2015 21:58

"some things you just can't explain to people. I mean, it's like telling someone what raw oysters taste like, if you never had them...."

Ummm...most of my family loves raw oysters, oyster stew, fried oysters, and so on and so forth. Me, tried them once and came to know this as good a description of raw oysters as any - sea loogers. Feel the same about sushi - no will do. As the late great comedian Johnny Carson put it re sushi - "I don't eat anything I'd normally use as bait."

What any of this has to do with this topic, who knows. Maybe the Stones are sometimes like raw oysters or raw fish - hard to fathom and hard to take.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:23

No, I listen to music like that of the Stones to escape the things in life that can make you sick, like politics.

But speaking of things that can potentially make you sick: If yogurt goes bad,... how can you tell? It's March 10, and I've just opened a yogurt that should have been consumed by February 28. Well, here goes....

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:28

no, but I get dizzy in high speed elevators..

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:57

I have to admit. Until I get the tickets for the concerts I want to attend, my stomach flip-flops a little.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:03

The streets of love make me feel awful bad. It puts me between a rock and a hard place. I look in the mirror, I've got a gunface, I say outloud oh no not you again. I might as well get juiced. Pretty soon though my tears are following the river. I never feel like I'm even winning ugly, it's always back to zero. I try to hold back but, I gotta hold on to your hat when you're gone. So don't be a stranger. I know some people tell me but... I just can't be seen with you when you got me rocking and feeling... awful bad.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:04

I feel sick when I'm not looking for tickets....that will be all of this year as I'm not travelling just for the Stones anymore.

Sc uk

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 10, 2015 23:06

GasLightStreet
The streets of love make me feel awful bad. It puts me between a rock and a hard place. I look in the mirror, I've got a gunface, I say outloud oh no not you again. I might as well get juiced. Pretty soon though my tears are following the river. I never feel like I'm even winning ugly, it's always back to zero. I try to hold back but, I gotta hold on to your hat when you're gone. So don't be a stranger. I know some people tell me but... I just can't be seen with you when you got me rocking and feeling... awful bad.

are you comin' down again?

Date: March 10, 2015 23:58

onestep
treaclefingers

That made me laugh.......I don't know why.

uh...cuz it was damn funny maybe?!

Date: March 11, 2015 00:19

duke richardson
GasLightStreet

are you comin' down again?

Those are Stones songs that make me sick...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 11, 2015 13:32

Miss You, Emotional Rescue (track), Their Satanic Majesties Request, Vegas Shows and no album for 10 (ten) years - that is enough for a lethal dose ... but if I hear LA 75, Brussels, Charlie is my Darling and all the great albums from 64-65 e.g. ... you know ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 13:33 by RobertJohnson.

Date: March 11, 2015 14:18

The prospect of The Rolling Stones going on tour changes how I behave, and feel....to the point that some folks think I'm sick....
The Rolling Stones is a habit that is hard for people to understand....like trying to explain what oysters taste like...oh, I said that already.

I am hoping to catch a North American show, THAT would be awesome!
While my conservative friends think I'm sick, living The Rolling Stones all summer. Ticket search, hotel reservations, plane fare.....just to get into one performance, close enough to see the whites of their eyes.

Is that sick? I guess it depends on who you ask....most people on this board wouldn't think so.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:56

queasy

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:05

onestep
Well, I couldn't figure it out....having trouble sleeping, fingers and toes twitching all the time...familiar music ringing in my ears...adrenaline rush every now and then.....almost went to the doctor....until I saw this! Going to the doctor is only gonna make OTHER people feel better about me anyways. Now it all makes sense...wonder if I can get my show count up to 90 or so.....some things you just can't explain to people. I mean, it's like telling someone what raw oysters taste like, if you never had them, you wouldn't understand. Just no way no how......

Medication

I've never done them myself but I heard someone say the other day, it's like licking phelgm off the back of a tortoise............not that I've done that either to compare but I think I've got the picture and will in future continue to leave the oysters happy in their shells........

One thing that really does make me sick about the Stones, despite my love of the music is the, whisper it, tickets prices,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,angry smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 15:38 by EddieByword.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:15

Only the ticket prices and predictable set lists

Date: March 11, 2015 16:33

You know what makes me sick? People listenin' to that Mick Jagger music...

Date: March 11, 2015 17:06

GasLightStreet
You know what makes me sick? People listenin' to that Mick Jagger music...

yeah, that *ss wigglin' sob!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 11, 2015 17:18

I'm surprised so many people feel antsy for one more tour, or scared we won't get one. They are very old. I'm actually shocked with each progressive tour. The general reaction here went from being "A Bigger Bang wasn't a proper send off" to "these 50th Anniversary gigs really seem like the end" to two years later and expecting more shows (before it seemed obvious they were coming back). I guess I've just been treating them as the last shows for a decade now. The band doesn't make me queasy or anything anymore just because they are so old that whenever they decide to stop you certainly can't say they didn't give it their all.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 11, 2015 18:10

Remember a few years ago...
Ebola Bang

Date: March 11, 2015 18:11

Before I Get The Runs ...

Date: March 11, 2015 18:12

Oh help me, please doctor

Date: March 11, 2015 18:13

Come on, sister morphine

Date: March 11, 2015 18:31

Date: March 11, 2015 18:33

I went down
to the Chelsea drugstore

Date: March 11, 2015 18:35

Joe's got a cough, sounds kind a rough,
Yeah, and the codeine to fix it.
Doctor prescribes, drug store supplies

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 11, 2015 23:25

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home