Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What is the best source for "Can't Believe" aka "I Can See It" aka "Get Yourself Together" master take in Stereo?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: February 19, 2015 18:16

What boot has the best sounding version of "Can't Believe" aka "I Can See It" aka "Get Yourself Together"?

I'm looking for a stereo mix of the master take, not the looser rehearsal version or the instrumental backing track.

If no stereo version exists than, what is the best mono source?

I'm looking for the lowest gen, best sounding non remastered pure source.

Cheers, Vudicus.

Re: What is the best source for "Can't Believe" aka "I Can See It" aka "Get Yourself Together" master take in Stereo?
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 19, 2015 18:22

To my knowledge the best sounding version is on "Accident Will happen" from VGP.

Re: What is the best source for "Can't Believe" aka "I Can See It" aka "Get Yourself Together" master take in Stereo?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 19, 2015 18:34

Best version is one put together right here on IORR by a clever individual who took the superior stereo instrumental backing track and overlaid the vocal. The result is as close to a final master as we're likely to hear. If you do a search, you'll likely turn it up, but I can't promise the link will still work.

Date: February 19, 2015 18:41

Cool, I shall do a search.

Do you happen to remember what title it went under? Might be easier to search for it.

Date: February 19, 2015 18:43

Rocky Dijon
Best version is one put together right here on IORR by a clever individual who took the superior stereo instrumental backing track and overlaid the vocal.

The result is just something else (wich I wouldn't call clever), as the backing track doesn't have the same mix than the vocal version anyway.
With all those isolated tracks, and now "reconstructed" artisanal tracks, it will be harder and harder to discern the true original mixes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-19 18:44 by mitch.

Date: February 19, 2015 18:53

Well Mitch has spoken so please disregard my opinion. Thanks for clarifying, Mitch.

Date: February 19, 2015 19:01

Vudicus, I can't find the original thread, but perhaps someone else recalls who posted it. I was impressed with the results as the original poster worked hard to equalize the mix they created.

Date: February 19, 2015 19:01

Sorry but Vudicus asked for the best sounding vocal near master take.
You offered him an outfake but he will be maybe very please with that.
This is all the problem with internet, the good infos are there, but flooded in the wrong ones.

Date: February 19, 2015 19:04

I appreciate both of your suggestions.

Although I am generally a purist when it comes to these things, if the only stereo option is the out-fake, I am still interested in hearing it, as well as a true mono mix.

Date: February 19, 2015 19:06

I was clear in my response that the version I recommended was a mix created by a collector. This is not an example of disseminating misinformation. Thanks for correcting me twice, though. It's appreciated.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 19, 2015 19:15

Try this link. Hope this is what you're looking for.[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 19, 2015 19:20

This isn't the mix I was speaking of, but here's an old thread with a couple links that still work for legit outtakes.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 19, 2015 19:32

I haven't made any sound comparisons, but this sounds nice to my ears. Thanks for posting Rocky.

Date: February 19, 2015 19:37

There's a few on Youtube as well under all three variant titles. None are the outfake, though. That one is eluding me.

Date: February 20, 2015 12:06

Date: February 20, 2015 17:15

Cheers for the link Mitch. I've requested a re-upload.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 20, 2015 18:44

Wonderful song; would have made a great addition to BtB (Buttons sessions, right?)

I may give Buttons a spin tonight, haven't heard it in ages; great Stones album.

Date: February 20, 2015 18:50

IrelandCalling4
Wonderful song; would have made a great addition to BtB (Buttons sessions, right?)

I may give Buttons a spin tonight, haven't heard it in ages; great Stones album.

Yup, a great "Between the Buttons" outtake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home