Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Slightly OT: Gayest Music video of all time
Posted by: twenny revlights ()
Date: May 16, 2011 20:56

the gayest music video i ever saw had this bunch of straight guys huddled together calling other music videos gay.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2011 21:22

twenny revlights
the gayest music video i ever saw had this bunch of straight guys huddled together calling other music videos gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 16, 2011 21:39

sweetcharmedlife
UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Big Al
UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
When did this turn into the "It's Only Homophbia" board?

Oh dear - the PC Brigade are out in force! What happened to humour?

Ha Ha - if my wife could only hear you call ME, of all people, PC!!! That's rich.

I'm sorry, but, this board gets into some pretty negative territory every few minutes so often, but I did not like seeing a post with this title. It's offensive. I mean, you're here so at least some gay folks read this board, right. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you?
For what it's worth I agree with you. But I didn't want to be accused of being the board policeman again.

How come this thread is still going on ?
Some posts here made me really sick ,gays bashers should be banned .

BTW "Do you people EVER laugh?" is the lamest comment .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 16, 2011 22:37

Thanks.

Date: May 16, 2011 22:41

24FPS
So, gay people don't have a sense of humor?

Didn't mean gay people. Meant the sourpusses (pun intended) on this board. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BTW, I'm a straight, southern , Christian white male. Stones fan too. Haven't got a chance.

Constantly being stereotyped as cousin-f*%king, stupid, no-teeth rednecks and blamed for all the world's ills. All ya can do is laugh about it.

Get a sense of humor, y'all heh.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 16, 2011 22:45

Til ya learn to laugh, you'll never come to any parties at my house .....

Make the best out of the bad, just laugh it off ....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 16, 2011 22:47

SwayStones

How come this thread is still going on ?
Some posts here made me really sick ,gays bashers should be banned .

BTW "Do you people EVER laugh?" is the lamest comment .

Who's 'bashing' gay people, exactly? The Jagger/Bowie video is gay, camp and joyous - it's bloody well meant to be!

Jesus wept.

Date: May 16, 2011 22:49

Elmo calling

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 16, 2011 22:57

SwayStones, you should read up on the definition of "gay-bashing" before you accuse people on here of doing that.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 16, 2011 23:10

I always thought that video where they are wearing American sailor suits with bubbles all around them was extremely gay.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 16, 2011 23:11

Anything by Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 16, 2011 23:52

Bliss
I always thought that video where they are wearing American sailor suits with bubbles all around them was extremely gay.

The IORR promo is iconic Stones, totally camp, and entirely in keeping with the sexual ambivalence of Jagger as a frontman throughout much of the late '60s and the '70s. I take it you've seen the promo for Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby...?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:01

OhNoNotMeAgain

So THIS is what junior's been doing up in his room when he tells me he's doing his homework? Oh, that boy is gonna be so GROUNDED. At least he's not up there beating his meat. Wait a minute. Of course he's doing that. He better not be filming it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 02:11 by tatters.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:43

Better start a thread about the GAYEST MUSTARD OF ALL TIME, it's not THAT offensive...

Date: May 17, 2011 10:33

Elmo Lewis
Didn't mean gay people. Meant the sourpusses (pun intended) on this board. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BTW, I'm a straight, southern , Christian white male. Stones fan too. Haven't got a chance.

Constantly being stereotyped as cousin-f*%king, stupid, no-teeth rednecks and blamed for all the world's ills. All ya can do is laugh about it.

Get a sense of humor, y'all heh.

Aww,come on Elmo !Sourpuss yourself cool smiley Are you sure you drink enough pineaple juice tongue sticking out smiley( pun intended ,oops,sorry ,that's naughty ! )

Seriously,what I was trying to say ,is that stereotypes don't make me smile.

<<I'm a straight, southern , Christian white male<<

Ok,so what ?
My best male friend was (he died a few years ago ) gay ,but he was not attracted AT ALL by Jagger -and he even didn't get how I could be myself - plus he didn't look at all to the sissy kinda gay men shown here , he looked more straight than many straight men ,so....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 17, 2011 16:13

Sorry, headed over to the favorite joke thread.

BTW, Billy Squire is still the winner/loser of this thread.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:06

Since this went the direction I thought it might, but hoped it would not, I didn't mean for this to be offensive. I was simply pointing out a reference to Stones-related music in a popular show using something the character said. End of Point.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:23

Big Al
IMO, Jagger and Bowie set out to make the video as camp as possible. Us Brits have always had this great tradition - from Kenneth Williams to Alan Carr.

Lame. That was more like yuppie gay, like when Bowie started wearing suits and thin ties in '83 and put out let's dance. The stuff back in the '70's was on a whole different level - like the New York Dolls - back when half the bands were wearing a ton of makeup, and heels, and permed hair.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:34

Happy Jack
Since this went the direction I thought it might, but hoped it would not, I didn't mean for this to be offensive. I was simply pointing out a reference to Stones-related music in a popular show using something the character said. End of Point.
this thread isn't offensive. there's no hatred going on here. no gay-bashing. we're just having a little fun, maybe some are feeling a bit uncomfortable with the topic. all it takes is one person to accuse people of "gay-bashing" for the fun to end. it's a pretty heavy accusation that shouldn't be thrown around lightly. again, there's no hatred being expressed here.

Date: May 17, 2011 19:29

Koen
Please define 'gayest'.

Sorry I didn't read you before, Koen .

You posted the most intelligent comment .

Sway .

Date: May 17, 2011 19:43

I was 14/15 years old when I intented to one of his show in my hometown -an afternoon concert with other "artists"/singers involved,don't know how you call it -

I really liked him & his style .Me think I had a crush on him .
Didn't know he was bi ,though .

So what ?
He loved America tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 19:45

Back to the title of the topic "Gayest Music video of all time ".
This one for sure ;-)

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 19:50

And this one with Bono, Elton John, Snoop, Slash, Sting...

Date: May 17, 2011 20:05

ineedadrink
this thread isn't offensive. there's no hatred going on here. no gay-bashing. we're just having a little fun, maybe some are feeling a bit uncomfortable with the topic. .

Have some more fun & have some more drinks -if possible -But shoot it in the right direction....
if you can .

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 17, 2011 20:15

I don't think that Billy Squier video is offensive to gays. I'm trying to think of a PC way to say he looks severely handicapped, but i can't find one, so I guess it is what is is.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 17, 2011 20:20

Poor Billy, he'll never live that video down. It seems like harsh punishment just for dancing around in a pink t-shirt.

Back on task: I nominate The Smiths' The Boy with the Thorn in His Side

Quoting thricenay "I take it you've seen the promo for Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby...?" I haven't - do share, if you can. They had promos in '66?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 20:24 by Claire_M.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 17, 2011 20:48

Billy Squier. It's not even close, and it gets extra points for ruining his career.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 17, 2011 20:49

Claire_M
Poor Billy, he'll never live that video down. It seems like harsh punishment just for dancing around in a pink t-shirt.

Back on task: I nominate The Smiths' The Boy with the Thorn in His Side

Quoting thricenay "I take it you've seen the promo for Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby...?" I haven't - do share, if you can. They had promos in '66?

They did, just about. The director was Peter Whitehead (of Tonite Let's All Make Love In London fame).

I don't seem to be able to locate it on You Tube, unfortunately.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 17, 2011 21:36

It's so gay when people can't have a laugh!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 17, 2011 21:49

Gay enough?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home