Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BPM You Can't Always Get ?
Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: January 4, 2015 01:50

Trying do a recording of this song as done in Brussels. My Stones Fake Book says 80 BPM. Seems too fast to me. Band does seem to pick it up quite a bit for the instrumental.
Any suggestions? I've got to set up my drum track. I naturally play the song quite slowly but seems to be quite a bit slower than what they are doing it in Brussels show.

Re: BPM You Can't Always Get ?
Date: January 4, 2015 02:05

You're right; 80 is too fast. But since this is real guys playing it wavers; especially betwen verses and chorus where CW plays a good bit of fills.
Not sure what you are trying to do. are you wanting to play it yourself in the style of the Stones '73? If so, then a click track is the last thing you need.

They do sound good on that tne. Had to revisit it just now. Keith is on fire on BU vocals.
I am not thast automatically familiar with the new official Brussels versions of all the songs; am so used to the boot versions. So this is just so great hearing this again. "Rambler" now; insane!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-04 02:09 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: January 4, 2015 02:39

Oh yeah. Rambler. Explosive.
Ok still need BPM's....anybody?
I'm learning the song to play in a band offering the Brussels version.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 4, 2015 05:12

I do recall seeing some of Chuck's printed setlists on this board not too long ago which have the BPM listed for the songs these days.

I did a quick listen to Brussels and counted around 70 BPM. It seemed like a slower version than usual.

Good luck.

peace

Date: January 4, 2015 16:42

Thank you for that. 70 BPM does seem a bit draggy. Boosetd to 74 BPM. Still seems a bit rushed but I'll run with that and see how it translates.
Appreciate your input.
B.P.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home