Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Urban on the Stones
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:35

Kevin Mazur

-----
From an interview with The Canadian Press

CP: You were brought out as a special guest at a Rolling Stones concert (in L.A. in 2013). What was the experience like?

Urban: Oh, phenomenal. It's hard to describe that one. Surreal, obviously. I just wish it was a longer song, really. Mick picks a two-and-a-half minute song ("Respectable" ) and it's like, bummer, I wish we could have chosen "Sympathy for the Devil" or something that's a little bit longer. It was really fun playing with him. I just loved it.

You know, I had met Mick a couple times. My wife and L'Wren Scott had been friends for like 20 years, so that's how Mick and I met, was through my wife and his partner. So the whole thing was quite organic.

The great thing was getting to rehearsals in the afternoon when we were playing at the Staples Center, and there's all the boys up there running through all the songs for the show. Their ferocity, particularly Mick's, it's really matchless. He's one of the great, great frontmen of all time, and to be inches away from him singing on the same mike, was a really surreal experience.

Re: Keith Urban on the Stones
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: December 30, 2014 16:26

They let Jack White choose "Lovin' Cup" at the Beacon.
Keith Urban is such a good guitarist so I wished they had let him choose
his song too.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: December 30, 2014 18:14

I saw him do tumbling dice on the Fallon show!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 30, 2014 20:34

Keith Urban & Alicia Keys playing Gimme Shelter at Live Earth 2007:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-30 20:35 by LieB.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 22:24

I was in the first row on the left side of the stage for that show. It started pretty cool with the UCLA marching band coming in all around the Staples Center. Respectable, next to Midnight Rambler, was actually the highlight of the show. Keith did a fine job up there with the boys!!!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 22:35

The two videos on the Stones' smartphone app that I play most (sometimes to just listen) are the Echoplex Start Me Up and the Stones-with-Keith-Urban one.
(One of my favorite things about the Echoplex one is the fan at the start saying "Oh My God." I've had that feeling when the Stones come out: "The Stones are right in front of me!" )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home