Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: low carb/ no carb
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2011 01:48

Edith Grove
dcba
A simple advice to lose weight : MASTICATE!

For a minute there, I thought you said something else.

Well if what you thought worked, I'd be like Stephen King's character Billy Halleck...
Remeber "Thinner"? [en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2011 06:05

dcba
Edith Grove
dcba

Well if what you thought worked, I'd be like Stephen King's character Billy Halleck...

Actually, sex is quite effective at burning calories.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 5, 2011 11:12

71Tele
dcba
Edith Grove
dcba

Actually, sex is quite effective at burning calories.

I couldn't agree more smoking smiley

Date: May 5, 2011 11:30

Dear dead_flowers ,

I never had myself to deal with overweight,so I don't know if my advices are valuable but I think you should have an advice from a doctor to be sure you do the diet that is good for you.
I would say eat less and slowly, make some "soft" exercices like walking or swimming .Don't eat cakes & sweeties ,chose the fruits that have less sugar on it (like rasperries,blueberries ,lemon ,may be apples & watermelon ? )
A lot of water,yes, it will fill your stomach & make you eliminate more .

Are you sure that you should cut with cereal bread even ? Because imo you'll need "somehing" to cut your hunger .

As dcba wrote, be aware of eggs ,because unless you eat them "hard " ,you'll need to cook them in oil and butter sad smiley
Plus eggs aren't recomended if you get cholesterol.

As far as I can remember,you were pretty thin as a teenager.
May be you could think about why & when you began to gain weight (is it because of food,luck of sport & physical activities, or because you quit smoking ? etc )

Let us know how things are going.Good luck to you .
Sincerely yours,
Sway

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 5, 2011 12:48

Dear Sway,

thanks for your considerations. I'll keep you updated on the subject matter. But, please don't worry, I won't overdo it. And, don't misunderstand, I am not cutting the carb, but merely trying to have none after 1600 hrs.

You touched me with your recollection that I used to be rather thin as a teenager. Well, that's right, but the times they are a changin'. That reminds me of a little story. After having been away for long years, I once returned to my native county for a weekend, went to the local music hall and went to get me a drink, when the bartender lady approached me, called me by my name and asked "Oh, is it you? I almost hadn't recognised you. You always used to be such a meagre herring then, didn't you?" It turned out that the lady was the little sister to one of my very old friends. Yes, "meagre herring", to me that's always a good laugh. I don't think I can ever convert me into a meagre herring again, but slimming down to a somehow acceptable size is a rewarding target to me.

What I haven't understood, Boston2006 warned about caffeine of any type. Why exactly? I am quite a tea drinker. Can anybody highlight me on this?

EDIT: caffeine question underlined

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-06 10:59 by dead.flowers.

Date: May 5, 2011 16:31

May you can also investigate the "glycemic index" thing too...
In short the higher the GI the more insulin it'll make your pancreas produce. And insulin peaks make you hungry.

Thta's why industrial foods with their high GI don't satiate you, they make you want to eat more.
It's jackpot for Coca Cola, Cadbury Sara Lee and the rest... smoking smiley

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: May 5, 2011 17:52

I recently lost 40 pounds after making 3 simple changes to my diet: 1) eat breakfast; 2) limit portion size, especially in the evening; 3) instead of snacking, have a cup of tea with honey.

I also walk 3-4 miles every day during lunch.

Moderation with everything is the key. The good news is, the heavier you are, the faster the weight will come off. Be patient and try look at it as a life-changing project that will eventually lead to new and healthier eating habits. Once you develop the new habits (usually after 3 or 4 months), it gets a lot easier.

And if you slip-up, don't worry about it, just get back on track the next day.

Good luck. It can be done. Make it the primrary project in your life and you'll succeed.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 6, 2011 10:58

gimmelittledrink
I recently lost 40 pounds after making 3 simple changes to my diet: 1) eat breakfast; 2) limit portion size, especially in the evening; 3) instead of snacking, have a cup of tea with honey.

I also walk 3-4 miles every day during lunch.

Moderation with everything is the key. The good news is, the heavier you are, the faster the weight will come off. Be patient and try look at it as a life-changing project that will eventually lead to new and healthier eating habits. Once you develop the new habits (usually after 3 or 4 months), it gets a lot easier.

And if you slip-up, don't worry about it, just get back on track the next day.

Good luck. It can be done. Make it the primrary project in your life and you'll succeed.

Thank you for your support, gimmelittledrink.

So true what you say, I will make it my main project, because I know it will have lots of positive aspects in so many facets of my life.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 6, 2011 11:28

dead.flowers
Dear Sway,

thanks for your considerations. I'll keep you updated on the subject matter. But, please don't worry, I won't overdo it. And, don't misunderstand, I am not cutting the carb, but merely trying to have none after 1600 hrs.

You touched me with your recollection that I used to be rather thin as a teenager. Well, that's right, but the times they are a changin'. That reminds me of a little story. After having been away for long years, I once returned to my native county for a weekend, went to the local music hall and went to get me a drink, when the bartender lady approached me, called me by my name and asked "Oh, is it you? I almost hadn't recognised you. You always used to be such a meagre herring then, didn't you?" It turned out that the lady was the little sister to one of my very old friends. Yes, "meagre herring", to me that's always a good laugh. I don't think I can ever convert me into a meagre herring again, but slimming down to a somehow acceptable size is a rewarding target to me.

What I haven't understood, Boston2006 warned about caffeine of any type. Why exactly? I am quite a tea drinker. Can anybody highlight me on this?

EDIT: caffeine question underlined

I was advised bu my primary care physician about the caffeine . I also just looked up this info as to why .

Caffeine slows or stalls weight loss in some, but not all people. If it doesn’t affect your weight loss, have your coffee in the morning.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 6, 2011 11:52

How about a shagathon? A weekend of non-stop sex would take pounds off.

Date: May 6, 2011 12:35

Silver Dagger
How about a shagathon? A weekend of non-stop sex would take pounds off.

Does that mean you volonteer to help Dead Flowers lose a few pounds? Very commendable of you! grinning smiley

Date: May 6, 2011 12:45

dcba
May you can also investigate the "glycemic index" thing too...
In short the higher the GI the more insulin it'll make your pancreas produce. And insulin peaks make you hungry.

Thta's why industrial foods with their high GI don't satiate you, they make you want to eat more.
It's jackpot for Coca Cola, Cadbury Sara Lee and the rest... smoking smiley

Exactly ( I love Coke though )
That's why two hours after eating an hamburger at Mac Do , I am already hungry again .sad smiley

Btw,dead_flowers, be careful with red meat ;I've been told that ones shouldn't eat red meat more than twice a week ,at least that's what I am doing ,sometimes even less than once a week .Chicken & fish are better imo.
No sauce ,mayonnaise or bearnaise etc -I love that stuff -

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home