Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Were Mick and Keith snubbed at Royal Wedding?
Posted by: beepee ()
Date: May 2, 2011 15:55

melillo
if mick were invited he would have been the most famous person there and taken away from everyone else so its a good thing he didnt attend

eye rolling smiley

No. You are a fan of the Stones so you tend to think that the whole UK is a fan as you are... had Jagger been invited, he would have been required to come in a 8:15, ie. 2h prior to the beginning of the service, and he would have been seated quite far from the "stage", as were Beckham and Elton.

And a significant portion of the ENglish would have been more interested in Beckham than Jagger - still, you could see Beckham or Elton maybe 30s or 40s in total, for a 3 or 4 hours broadcast. So Jagger would have diverted your attention maybe, but the average English audience does not care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-02 15:57 by beepee.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:14

btw, mitch, may I humbly propose to put some marble-look royal wedding memorial statuettes on the market now

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:05

I have a limited amount of these genuine gold-look coins.. real collectors items.

If you order by Midnight tonight, the price is $2499.00, after that it goes up sharply in price.

For an extra fee, I will have Mick and Keith's images on the flip side of the coin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 00:06 by mitchflorida.

Date: May 2, 2011 18:09

It is true that they might have felt over-shadowed by Mick's fame, and didn't invite him for that reason. It doesn't matter if they didn't like his music, it wasn't like he was going to be performing at the wedding.

My sense is that Mick would have been honored to be invited and would have made it a point to attend?

Sir Paul McCartney is sort of old and boring .. I don't think he would have made much of a splash.

Oh well, a missed opportunity for the Royals.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:11

mitchflorida
Keith would have added nothing to the Royal Wedding, but an appearance by Mick would have been a touch of class, I think. I presume he would have attended.
a touch of class. because without mick the wedding was a filthy, drunken wedding full of slobs, right? why don't you call up your london office and ask why they weren't invited. you have connections. call them right now and report back to us. ask them if mick and keith are friends with the royal family. and if they're not, why didn't they get an invite regardless. they ARE stones, after all. they should be invited to EVERYTHING. eye rolling smiley

Date: May 2, 2011 18:15

mitchflorida
It is true that they might have felt over-shadowed by Mick's fame
it's true? do you have evidence of that? let's see how many billions of viewers will tune in to watch Mick Jagger's wedding on tv...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:27

mitchflorida
I have a limited amount of these gold-look coins

I wouldn't sell them if I were you. Those coins are priceless smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:30

ineedadrink
because without mick the wedding was a filthy, drunken wedding full of slobs, right?

Naaaahhh, that's not what mitchflorida said. Couldn't be, because there is no humor in that quote ... or is it ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:33

melillo
if mick were invited he would have been the most famous person there and taken away from everyone else so its a good thing he didnt attend

More famous than the Queen? Or even David Beckham? Hilarious!

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: May 2, 2011 18:34

ineedadrink
mitchflorida
It is true that they might have felt over-shadowed by Mick's fame
it's true? do you have evidence of that? let's see how many billions of viewers will tune in to watch Mick Jagger's wedding on tv...

He is right, the millions standing in front of Buckingham would have rushed to Mick's limousine to get an autograph. Also, Mick is so important that as an attendee, he would have had the very front-row seat, next to the Queen. He would also have been scheduled to arrive in the abbaye after the bride and the Queen. Mick Jagger is a kind of CHuck Norris.

Date: May 2, 2011 20:23

Gazza
melillo

David Beckham may be famous in England, but he is really an unknown in the United States.

90 percent of Americans wouldn't even recognize his name. Mick and the Queen of England are famous in America , of course.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 2, 2011 23:05

Yes, mitchflorida, you're so much on the alert. Go ahead with selling them gold medals, successfully, as I wish.

And, I feel you're right, those royals made a huge mistake by not inviting the Mick. Because, from my very personal point of view, that move might have regained them a bit of respect in my eyes. But, as of now, and the older I get, I am incrasingly at a lack to see their right to live off the fat of the land, all for nothing.

Unforgotten maximum of unworthiness still is Charles' tampax gate.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2011 00:05

deadegad
Elton's invitation was not surprising at all. He was a friend to Princess Di. He sang at her funeral. That Keith would be invited would be truly shocking especially after his remarks about Elton playing at Princess Diana's funeral. If Keith had been there it would have been wise for him to bring his 'blade' lest Sir Elton and friend confront him.

Keith would have kicked his ass though and scalped that toupee right off of Elton's head. That scalp would have made a nice wedding gift come to think of it or he could hang it form his guitar during the 50th Tour..

ALSO, Keith could simply haved donned the toupee himself.

Date: May 3, 2011 00:09

Gazza
melillo

In America perhaps...at least more famous than Beckham

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 3, 2011 00:33

I would reckon that Mick & Keith would have to be considered before they could be snubbed...I don't reckon they were even thought about let alone considered........not even on the radar at any point with any member of the palace or government......that's only IMO of course...no reason at all for them to be there

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 3, 2011 00:36

I agree WICK, if Keith had the invite to be knighted, he would have pissed himself with excitement, instead, because Mick is SIR MICK and he was ignored, it's sour grapes with him...too funny!

Date: May 3, 2011 00:54

EddieByword
I would reckon that Mick & Keith would have to be considered before they could be snubbed...I don't reckon they were even thought about let alone considered........not even on the radar at any point with any member of the palace or government......that's only IMO of course...no reason at all for them to be there

Are you saying that neither Prince Andrew or Kate Middleton have ever partied with Mick or Keith? They are in different social circles to be sure, but I would imagine they have attended cocktail parties together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 00:55 by mitchflorida.

Date: May 3, 2011 00:56

mitchflorida
beepee
A "touch of class", er...

At first I thought that it was a wax statue of Mick. Who is the lady next to him?

phew ! tall......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 01:45 by EddieByword.

Date: May 3, 2011 00:58

mitchflorida
Are you saying that neither Prince Andrew or Kate Middleton have ever partied with Mick or Keith? They are in different social circles to be sure, but I would imagine they have attended cocktail parties together.
mick jagger was seen schmoozing with justin bieber at a party for the grammys. by your logic, that means he should be invited to bieber's wedding and if he isn't, he's been snubbed.

Date: May 3, 2011 01:34

ineedadrink
mitchflorida
mick jagger was seen schmoozing with justin bieber at a party for the grammys. by your logic, that means he should be invited to bieber's wedding and if he isn't, he's been snubbed.

WHOA!

Bieber's getting married?!?!?!

Date: May 3, 2011 01:52

treaclefingers
ineedadrink
mitchflorida

WHOA!

Bieber's getting married?!?!?!
yep, he finally said yes to mickscarey's blitzkrieg of proposals! done deal!

Date: May 3, 2011 02:13

mitchflorida
Gazza
melillo

David Beckham may be famous in England, but he is really an unknown in the United States.

90 percent of Americans wouldn't even recognize his name. Mick and the Queen of England are famous in America , of course.

America is not the world. Football is a global phenomenon to a level thats clearly beyond the comprehension of people like you and whilst he is not the greatest footballer in the world, he's probably the most recognisable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 02:13 by Gazza.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 3, 2011 02:24

Man!! Gazza you can be clear...............thanks

Date: May 3, 2011 02:28

Gazza
mitchflorida
Gazza
melillo

America is not the world. Football is a global phenomenon to a level thats clearly beyond the comprehension of people like you and whilst he is not the greatest footballer in the world, he's probably the most recognisable.

whoa...hang on just a sec.

I thought Beckham played soccer, not football?!?

Date: May 3, 2011 02:34

mitchflorida
EddieByword

Only a guess as an outsider, I would say that Mick but not Keith has probaly met Prince Andrew but again only a guess but I'm thinking you meant Prince William & Kate Middleton. Possibly Mick has been introduced and compared notes on the weather as is an Englishman's want but again I reckon not Keith (By mutual consent) but partied...? I would bet No. Maybe Elizabeth Jagger copped an invite along the way to one of Prince Harry's famous do's and met William in passing...but as I say that's only my guess.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 03:19 by EddieByword.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 3, 2011 02:53

treaclefingers
Gazza
mitchflorida
Gazza
melillo

whoa...hang on just a sec.

I thought Beckham played soccer, not football?!?

Football is the game that is played with your foots, soccer is is the game that you play with your soc k's off

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 3, 2011 03:34

Gazza
melillo

ok i over did it with the queen but cmon mick is easily more famous than beckham i dont even think its an issue

Date: May 3, 2011 04:43

Its not even close. Seriously. I think you really dont grasp how famous he is.

On every continent and in almost every country on the planet. The US is maybe a notable exception but when he was with Manchester United, as the most recognizable player of the world's most popular club, that would probably make him the most fanous sporting star on the entire planet. A global recognition on a par with Madonna or Michael Jackson.

And to numerous generations too - something that Jagger hasnt had for a long time.

In countries like China - which has 1/6th of the world's population alone - someone like David Beckham would be a household name. Jagger, by contrast, would be absolutely unknown. Likewise in most of Africa and a sizeable amount of the rest of Asia.

Mick Jagger might struggle to be in the top 5 most recognizable musicians in the world. And there are large parts of the globe where rock n roll means absolutely nothing.

Top sports stars are in general more universally recognised than musicians. Especially footballers. And, in places like the Indian subcontinent which has a much bigger population than the 'catchment' appeal of western popular music, you could even add a few cricket stars like Sachin Tendulkar to that list.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 04:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 3, 2011 04:55

mitchflorida
I have a limited amount of these genuine gold-look coins.. real collectors items.

If you order by Midnight tonight, the price is $2499.00, after that it goes up sharply in price.

For an extra fee, I will have Mick and Keith's images on the flip side of the coin.

Only two per person? No exceptions?

Date: May 3, 2011 05:18

What exactly is the connection between David Beckham and Prince William? Are they buddies? Why was he invited, in other words?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home