Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

old 97s
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: July 26, 2014 09:14

just want to let stones fans know of an amazing band that is the most exciting band since the stones,old 97s.they been around 20 years,get there new record,most messed up,its exile on main street good.

Re: old 97s
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 26, 2014 10:23

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Rhino Entertainment released Hit by a Train: The Best of Old 97's, an eighteen track compilation of songs from the band's beginnings through 2001, featuring liner notes and an essay by rock critic Robert Christgau"

Rhino + Christgau? Sounds interesting...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2014 10:48

Know of them but only know one song. Never actually sought them out, but somehow I got ahold of their album Fight Songs, and I remember how amazing it was. Still listen to the album once a year. And I know while I was in Asbury Park tonight that they are playing at the Stone Pony within the next month or so.

Probably should check out the rest of their catalogue, but I could at least say Fight Songs is a great modern rock album.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 26, 2014 13:41

After your Robin/Andy Gibb comment I'm a bit hesitant now . .

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 26, 2014 21:51

backstreetboy1
its exile on main street good.

I don't want to sound cynical, but . .

OK, I'm cynical.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: July 26, 2014 22:31

Great band. From Texas. They give incredible live shows. The songwriter is an incredible wordsmith.

For Stones fans, you have to accept a little twang in your rock and roll, but they have never disappointed me.

T@3

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 27, 2014 09:44

OT

old 97s
Date: September 16, 2014 19:36

just want to let all fellow stones fans who might not of heard of them,the old 97s are by far the best band of the last 20 years.you will all love them .killer live band as well.there newest cd,most messed up,is a masterpiece,and be sure to order there live cd,alive and wired.you can all thank me later.

Date: October 4, 2014 09:47

the masses have spoken,lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home