Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT. Not so sacred cows. Artists that you love but aren't supposed to.
Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:41

p.s. I'm not sure about love, but he has recorded some very good songs (Evergreen Tree, The Young Ones, Lessons in Love.

Plus, the Shadows were great.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: April 15, 2011 21:51

Title5Take1
I'm listening a lot to Katy Perry's single FIREWORK. Nicely constructed pop tune and nice lyrics. But don't tell anyone I said that.

Katy's cool, and "Firework" is great, but her earlier song "Hot'N'Cold" to me is one of the ultimate pop singles of all time.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:15

Claire_M

Come on people, what about your REAL guilty pleasures. I'm talking about back-of-the-closet stuff that you don't share with anyone: Air Supply. Seals & Crofts. Bread. Foreigner.

Air Supply is a guilty pleasure deserving of execution.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:51

DandelionPowderman
Hanoi Rocks.

Come on: I'm not so sure about how much Jimmy Carter or Gordon Strachan rocks confused smiley

There's no shame about Hanoi. I saw Michael Monroe in concert last week in London, kicked my ass in a massive way!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:55

There are several 45's by Paul Revere and The Raiders that fall into this category for me.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 16, 2011 01:51

The Eagles

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 16, 2011 02:56

VoodooLounge13
deadegad
Depending on one's age The Rolling Stones could be uncool, or a joke even. That's nos a new phenomenon either. I hear things like 'they suck,' 'they haven't been able to play for years,' '#$%^ing geezers.'

Yet there is the dichotomy of a kid wearing a vintage Rolling Stones t-shirt but disliking the band still.

Around IORR U2 get bashed a lot, but I like them.

There's a guy here that I work with who was dating a girl who had on a Stones T-Shirt, and one day she asks the guy, do you know what this symbol (tongue and lips) means? Yes, he replies, it's the Rolling Stones. And then she asks him, Oh OK. And what is it they sing?? My coworkers were dying, saying you'd better not let me (VL13) hear that! To which I responded, well I woulda ripped the shirt off of her right there and walked away. Clearly she's not fit to wear such a thing!

I know a very attractive 24 year old blond from Texas who has a couple of those trendy vintage Rock tour shirts, Zeppelin, and Skynyrd, but does not listen to either band and hardly knows any of their respective songs. From the way she speaks, personality, I think she would be very uncomfortable around all of their aging fans in actual vintage tour shirts bought decades ago: "OMG! Look at all of these fat dirty 'ol men!"

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: April 16, 2011 04:33

I dig Steely Dan and a lot of Hall & Oates tunes

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 04:39

keefriffhard4life
bigmac7895
Elton John- early Elton only though. The epic being Captain Fantastic. He came from the top of the mountain to the bottom and then got on a different mountain like Rod Stewart did and I never liked his music again.

you might like his new album with leon russell or even THE CAPTAINA ND THE KID which came out a few years ago. it was a sequel to CAPTIAN FANTASTIC

Thanks for the tip. I spotted the Leon disc at WalMart the other day and I considered getting it. I figured The Captain and the Kid was just a reference to the best album he ever did- I guess I'll need to check and see if he went back to that sound.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 05:19

KeefintheNight82
Title5Take1
I'm listening a lot to Katy Perry's single FIREWORK. Nicely constructed pop tune and nice lyrics. But don't tell anyone I said that.

Ok so I think it is a well constructed piece of pop but..NICE LYRICS??

I've read Internet comments about the lyrics that are like comments I've read about R.E.M.'s Everybody Hurts, that the song has revived people who felt totally hopeless. Or like Tom Petty saying he's gotten tons of mail from people telling him I Won't Back Down helped them get through major sh*t.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 20, 2011 15:29

Claire_M
I didn't know Crowded House was unhip. Critics love Neil Finn, always have it seems. Rock critics like the Monkees too, though I don't share their passion. ABBA is a widely-shared guilty pleasure and many other musicians (punks like the Clash!) praised them even way back when.

Come on people, what about your REAL guilty pleasures. I'm talking about back-of-the-closet stuff that you don't share with anyone: Air Supply. Seals & Crofts. Bread. Foreigner.

Let your freak flag fly!

Oooh well, in that case, the winner for me would have to be Milli Vanilli. I know they were fake and didn't sing, but I absolutely love those 3 albums, whoever sang them!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2011 19:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-20 19:49 by 24FPS.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2011 20:00

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 20, 2011 20:14

24FPS

I love that song, and Carpenters Greatest Hits is a "closet" fav. Pound a few beers in me and it's entirely possible I might pull-out Abba's Greatest Hits as well. I secretly also adore Kylie Minouge, but I don't think that's at all about the music...............hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home