Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hysterical 2002 Tony Kornheiser column, on meeting the Stones
Posted by: dgiorr ()
Date: September 6, 2014 19:25

Forgive me in advance for posting an article that most can't access in full for free. But if someone has a highbeam account, or wants to get the free trial to read this, it's pretty funny.

[www.highbeam.com] is a link to an article that used to be publicly available.

US sportswriter Tony Kornheiser was asked by NFL Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to accompany him to a Licks tour pre-concert meet-and-greet at FedEx field outside Washington DC.

The idea was that clever-on-his-feet Kornheiser could "feed" Snyder witty lines to say as he met the Stones, but it didn't go so well, and Jagger pretty much looked through and saw through Kornheiser as a dweeb.

The funniest two parts of the piece:

Second-funniest is his description of meeting Keith Richards, who he swore had fish hooks in his hair, and whose speaking voice he likened to the "eeps" of dolphins. Yes, I know Keith is a known entity to those on the board, but I'd imagine he'd defy description to the uninitiated or even the casual fan first meeting him.

Funniest is when Snyder proudly presents an autographed Redskins helmet to the band, which doesn't really know what to make of it. Charlie is concerned that someone will have to play without the helmet and become injured.

If someone has access to the full story and posts it here, it's one of the funnier things I've ever read.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1286
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home