Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Lynne Jackaman (Saint Jude)
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: August 28, 2014 12:00

Saint Jude have been dormant for a while but Lynne has played a small venue in North London last night. An "unplugged" gig, she sang with just a piano and acoustic guitar, a mixture of Saint Jude songs, new songs and covers. A stunning performance. And a great great version of JJF.

Yet again, this left me wondering why some musicians become famous while others, arguably more talented, don't...

Re: OT: Lynne Jackaman (Saint Jude)
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 28, 2014 13:02

Agreed. I also have always wondered why Lynne Jackman doesn't have the higher profile that her obvious talent merits and much more so than many other well-known singers.

Re: OT: Lynne Jackaman (Saint Jude)
Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: August 28, 2014 15:47

I've seen them live twice and really liked them, but sadly I think the music industry would consider that music un-fashionable with the majority of young people today, probably referring to it as Dad Rock, and therefore they've not had the exposure they deserve hence why most people have never heard of them.

It's a shame because they're really talented but there's only a niche market of us that like our Retro - Faces, Janis Joplin, Black Crowes style music and dressing bohemian rock n roll late 60's & 70's.

I know the Stones are still hugely popular with young people, but that's different because they're a huge part of history and popular culture with a legendry status that's very mainstream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home