Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Knebworth '76 memories
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 22, 2014 00:44

KNEBWORTH 1976 -It's Getting Dark & Cold - "Don't Worry Yer Can Sleep Tommoreer !! Allo Knobwerth !!! - Post Your Knebworth Memories Here - Where You There !!

Yes it is 38 Years Today since I first saw the Stones Live at Knebworth 21-08-1976, I do believe this is a very important date in the Stones Calender at the end of the 1975 - 1976 Tour Knebworth Festival was an ideal gig for the Stones to accomodate - Say Thank You to - or appease - the 1 million plus ticket applications who applied for the British dates of the 1976 Tour and the masses who were unlucky not to recieve tickets for thr imtimate gigs.If you have memories you wish to share from Knebworth 1976 please post here , I know I have some pics I am going to dig up and post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-22 09:19 by bv.

Re: KNEBWORTH 1976 -It's Getting Dark & Cold - "Don't Worry Yer Can Sleep Tommoreer !! Allo Knobwerth !!! - Post Your Knebworth Memories Here - Where You There !!
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 22, 2014 01:01

Re: KNEBWORTH 1976 -It's Getting Dark & Cold - "Don't Worry Yer Can Sleep Tommoreer !! Allo Knobwerth !!! - Post Your Knebworth Memories Here - Where You There !!
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 22, 2014 03:36

Yes, I was there, 2nd Stones show, 16 years old with my 14 year old brother, about 30 - 40 yards back just right of centre as you look at the stage, don't remember too much about individual songs as I was really....smoking smiley...but I know I walked back to the tent thinking what a great show.....didn't want it to end...cool smiley

I know some people criticise it but it was just a perfect setlist and perfect end to a fantastic day, as the police said "There's more trouble on the average Saturday night in Stevenage than there was that day.........brilliant, brilliant vibe all day and even the long wait for the Stones didn't dampen anything..........

I remember Mick teasing Ron over the Country honk.........and "sleep tomorra carn't cha".....

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 22, 2014 04:21

In interesting page on it here (and other UK festivals).

[www.ukrockfestivals.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 22, 2014 04:45

That show always gets slagged by the critics and many fans ....some suggest LS was better, but I think it was the new material the young masculine boys could not relate to. A generation of fans was lost to heavy metal.

Re: Knebworth '76 memories
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2014 12:11

Great memories from this show.

A great summers day,probably one of the closest shows i have experienced for a stones show and still in awe at the magic of the stones that was on that stage that evening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home