Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Non-Copyrighted Stones Logos ??
Date: August 18, 2014 06:34

I am looking for some non-copyrighted , unofficial Stones logos.

Maybe from the artwork of unofficial CD's , DVD's , Blu-ray Discs etc. ??

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Non-Copyrighted Stones Logos ??
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:04

For what...?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 18, 2014 11:55

swiss

For what...?

Maybe for the artwork of unofficial CD's , DVD's , Blu-ray Discs etc. ?? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 12:05 by Irix.

Date: August 18, 2014 12:05

Non-copyrighted Stones-Logos: are there any at all confused smiley

Maybe Ernie Cefalu's tongue [www.iorr.org] :

Date: August 18, 2014 14:00

You could also create a own logo similar to this one (of course without the original tongue):

The own logo could use e.g. the outline of the Tongue/Lips-Design as a Guitar body completed with a stylized Guitar neck (similar to the Live-Aid-Logo 1985):

Or you could use a stylized B/W-picture (self taken) as basis for the logo like this one:

Here some more ideas for a self created logo (but avoid too large similarities with existing ones):

( All logos found with a Google picture search, some are also on [thefiftynewlogosproject.com] )

Dunno if Sebastian Krüger can provide a free non-commercial license for his pictures:

Nice application of Sebastian Krüger's pictures [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 23:10 by Irix.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 18, 2014 14:41

You may not use any Stones logo at all!!!
It's an protected logo.
Someone in the past was using the logo of the Sticky Fingers restaurant and he had to stop this label for his fanzine book.

Date: August 18, 2014 15:00

tioms

You may not use any Stones logo at all!!! It's an protected logo.

Yep - this Logo created for a german fashion store chain got last year a lawsuit by the Stones:

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 18, 2014 15:04

come to China you might find something here.most of my dvd and cd collection is pirated.not that I agree with it,its all I could get as we dont have proper cd or dvd shops.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 18, 2014 16:26

I'd love to make my own shirts with those iron-ons that you print yourself. Anyone have experience with them?

For personal use only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 16:27 by MingSubu.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 18, 2014 16:34

Date: August 18, 2014 17:20

If the Stones play in Legoland ....

( Here a higher resolution, more on [thefiftynewlogosproject.com] )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 22:50 by Irix.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2014 18:05

Don't dream : "Non-Copyrighted" + "Stones" don't work together. Mick makes sure, day after day, to close any Stones-related loopholes. winking smiley

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: August 18, 2014 18:43

If I were you, I would try and contact the Stones, present the logo I have "invented" and ask them whether or not they would agree to my using it.

Here is an example of how owners of trademark rights can react when infringers use trademarks similar to their own marks:

[www.basicthinking.de]

You will no doubt notice that the respective products have basically nothing to do with each other, but because the "Jack Daniels" trademark is famous, its scope of protection is extremely broad. And this reaction is extremely kind!

The same (broad scope of protection) goes for the Stones' logos. Even if you would like to mark toothbrushes or ashtrays with a loge similar to or confusingly alike with for example the "tongue"-logo, you would infringe the Stones' rights and would have to at least stop using yours; maybe you would also have to pay compensation for damages - and that would be pretty expensive...

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: August 18, 2014 18:46

Sorry, I forgot to add that this article is in German; if you scroll down, you will find the original written warning in English.

Regards, Ruediger

Date: August 18, 2014 21:25

Ruediger

If I were you, I would try and contact the Stones, present the logo I have "invented" and ask them whether or not they would agree to my using it.

Here the adresses (in this case Musidor B.V.): [www.iorr.org] .

Maybe they can also explain the license conditions for the original Stones tongue.

Ruediger

Sorry, I forgot to add that this article is in German; if you scroll down, you will find the original written warning in English.

Here the entire article with Google Translate.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 19, 2014 11:39

MingSubu
I'd love to make my own shirts with those iron-ons that you print yourself. Anyone have experience with them?

For personal use only.

I’ve done just what you mentioned - created my own graphics for personal use to print at home & iron on. They’re inspired by (but not copies of) the Geisha Doll, Traditional Geisha & Pinkpop t-shirts. Had the official versions been available online in my size I would have purchased them, but that wasn't the case, so I took matters into my own hands. I see you have your email listed. If you're interested, I can send you the full res jpegs (with all this copyright talk, methinks I shouldn’t post or link to ‘em here). I can also pass along some general tips about DIY t-shirts.

BTW, I love the humor of using the Beatles font to spell "The Stones", as shown above - what a great idea by the designer thumbs up [www.vasava.es] . I think that graphic could be pretty easily re-created in higher res for t-shirt transfer using a free font called "Bootle".

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 19, 2014 12:14

Plink
MingSubu

For personal use only.

I’ve done just what you mentioned - created my own graphics for personal use to print at home & iron on. They’re inspired by (but not copies of) the Geisha Doll, Traditional Geisha & Pinkpop t-shirts. Had the official versions been available online in my size I would have purchased them, but that wasn't the case, so I took matters into my own hands. I see you have your email listed. If you're interested, I can send you the full res jpegs (with all this copyright talk, methinks I shouldn’t post or link to ‘em here). I can also pass along some general tips about DIY t-shirts.

BTW, I love the humor of using the Beatles font to spell "The Stones", as shown above - what a great idea by the designer thumbs up [www.vasava.es] . I think that graphic could be pretty easily re-created in higher res for t-shirt transfer using a free font called "Bootle".

Please do and thank you!

Date: August 19, 2014 18:06

swiss
For what...?

I was thinking about having something laser engraved on a set of V-Moda headphones.

They allow you to upload an image to be engraved but , it cannot be copyright protected. : >>>>>

* [v-moda.com] *

+

* [v-moda.com] *

+

* [v-moda.com] *

Date: August 19, 2014 18:07

Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home