Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Three Concerts In One For 2012 Tour!
Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 12, 2011 11:33

thewatchman
How about this for an idea for the 50th anniversary Fabulous Fifty Farewell Tour?

Have three mini concerts in one representing three different eras.

#1. Stones open concert dressed in suits and ties with line up consisting only of four of five original members doing six or seven songs from the sixties.

#2. After brief break and clothes change (to late sixties early seventies attire) they return to stage joined by Mick Taylor and do six or seven Exile period songs including Plundered My Soul.

#3. After another brief intermission they return to stage with all members and back up musicians and do six or seven brand new songs from their new album.

What do ya think, mates?

Closing a show with six or seven new ones? Only if they're not charging top dollar for the privilege of witnessing it. The new ones were such an essential part of the Bigger Bang shows, after all.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: April 13, 2011 04:16

ab
thewatchman
How about this for an idea for the 50th anniversary Fabulous Fifty Farewell Tour?

#1. Stones open concert dressed in suits and ties with line up consisting only of four of five original members doing six or seven songs from the sixties.

#2. After brief break and clothes change (to late sixties early seventies attire) they return to stage joined by Mick Taylor and do six or seven Exile period songs including Plundered My Soul.

#3. After another brief intermission they return to stage with all members and back up musicians and do six or seven brand new songs from their new album.

What do ya think, mates?

Closing a show with six or seven new ones? Only if they're not charging top dollar for the privilege of witnessing it. The new ones were such an essential part of the Bigger Bang shows, after all.

I am going to be very disappointed if the next album (assuming there is one) isn't significantly better than ABB.

Date: April 13, 2011 04:32

Baxter Thwaites
Sounds awful

Of course I disagree. I truly believe that what I have suggested here would not only be interesting and entertaining but a breath of fresh air as well. After all, it's only rock 'n' roll, and it would certainly be different than what we got on the last tour. Don't you think it's about time to move away from the warhorse laden stadium shows? ABB was the perfect vehicle to say goodbye to the huge stadium shows. It was great, but it's time to move on.

Date: April 13, 2011 04:41

More Hot Rocks
thewatchman

What do ya think, mates?

Talk about a Vegas act.

Nothing wrong with a Vegas act. These guys have been showman since the first camera began following them. The TAMI Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, instantly come to mind.

Date: April 13, 2011 04:43

Rockman
......the dry-cleaning bill is gonna be more than the cost of the hotels & limos ......

Rockman, ya the best, mate!

Date: April 13, 2011 04:48

keefriffhard4life
they don't need a ton of wardrobe changes but it would be cool if they did an acoustic set and a set of just 60's and early 70's tunes without the huge array of backup musicians.

Absolutely, that is what I am really after here. I could live without the wardrobe changes, but I still think it would be really fun to see them dress as they did in the day when the songs were first introduced.

Date: April 13, 2011 04:52

drbryant
keefriffhard4life
they don't need a ton of wardrobe changes but it would be cool if they did an acoustic set and a set of just 60's and early 70's tunes without the huge array of backup musicians.

Smaller venues, sitting back on chairs, playing acoustic blues. They could do that until they are in their 80's.

Yes, indeed.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home