Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin and Waddy Wachtel in LA / The Joint on the 02. August 2014
Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: August 6, 2014 13:02

Great Show! Thank you to Bernard and Blondie and Waddy and to this great band!
They where playing a lot of Stones Songs. Great to see them.

Re: Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin and Waddy Wachtel in LA / The Joint on the 02. August 2014
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: August 6, 2014 15:30

Did someone record this ...I hope ?

Re: Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin and Waddy Wachtel in LA / The Joint on the 02. August 2014
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 6, 2014 15:37

great photos

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: August 6, 2014 16:30

Waddy Wachtel doesn't make bad music.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 6, 2014 17:54

Who was drumming . . ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 6, 2014 18:22

Thanks Harald. Wish I could have been there

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 6, 2014 18:44

great pics and Stones vibe all around no doubt

would like to hear more about these shows..Blondie's involvement ..

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 6, 2014 19:03

I go to almost all of the shows.

Phil Jones, as usual was drumming. Al Ortiz sat in for Rick Rosas as he is on tour with Neil Young. I have on video about 3/4 of Honkey Tonk Women and a couple minute portion of each of the songs Wynonna Judd sang.

....and it's the best deal in town, only $10 to get in (no drink minimum).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-06 19:05 by BluzDude.

Date: August 6, 2014 19:37

If you go to youtube, put in "a feltpen" for the channel and there will be 2 videos, Honkey Tonk, with Blondie on cowbell from this past Saturday and Heroes, featuring Bernard from a past performance.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: August 6, 2014 19:46

Blondie sure looks alot like Lou Reed.

Date: August 6, 2014 19:48

CMH516
Blondie sure looks alot like Lou Reed.

yup! I've been saying that for a long time drinking smiley

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: August 7, 2014 01:49

Thanks for the pics and details. Wish I was there would be great to see Blondie. Been a long time

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 7, 2014 01:57

I'm sorry but I see this and the Tim Ries deal as being a group of guys planning ahead and hoping to capitalize on the Stones as a Vegas act when they finally cease. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Date: August 7, 2014 01:59

2 from Saturday night

Date: August 7, 2014 02:01

shadooby
I'm sorry but I see this and the Tim Ries deal as being a group of guys planning ahead and hoping to capitalize on the Stones as a Vegas act when they finally cease. I hope I'm wrong, but...

They've been doing this for 14 years on a regular basis, I don't see it that way.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: August 7, 2014 03:15

BluzDude
shadooby

They've been doing this for 14 years on a regular basis, I don't see it that way.

They should hit the road for a few shows. NYC & I'll pop over from the UK winking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 7, 2014 03:38

shadooby

Not even close. There isn't an inkling of a Stones connection at these shows. They maybe play 2-3 Stones songs tops out of a 15 song set which is widely varied. They have other guests come on stage to perform that are not Stones related. Rick Rosas, Neil Young's bass player usually sits in with them, Bret Tuggle, keyboardist with Fleetwood Mac also sits in. Blondie is known mainly to people therer as a former member of The Beach Boys rather than a Stones backup musician. Every time he's been there he's either performed "Sail On Sailor" or "Change is Gonna Come."So the idea that it's some kind of Stones extension is incorrect.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 7, 2014 04:15

guys planning ahead and hoping to capitalize on the Stones as a Vegas act when they finally cease....No No No...too much of a gamble!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: August 7, 2014 05:36

Crazyhorse
BluzDude
shadooby

They should hit the road for a few shows. NYC & I'll pop over from the UK winking smiley

...he would, if the price is right.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 7, 2014 15:58

great Pix, thanks.
jeroen

Date: August 7, 2014 21:12

If you are interested you should check the Website / Calendar of the Club for more Shows.

The Club "the Joint" changed the name, so now its called:

"[www.theblackrosetavernla.com"];

Its definitely worth to see it.

Date: August 7, 2014 21:20

It's best to get on Waddy's email list.

They occasionally play at neighboring clubs.

They will let you know when the shows are, then they will follow it up with a detailed song by song review of each show.

If anyone wants to get on his email list (no spam) you can email me (I'm listed) and I will forward the information to Nina, Waddy's PR person.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 8, 2014 03:04

I am envious. I would take a bathroom break while Blondie did his numbers, but $10 to see people of that talent level just doing their thing and having fun, playing great songs....sounds like a great night out.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 8, 2014 04:38

Why was Blondie dropped last tour? Very callous IMO.

Date: August 8, 2014 14:50

check out the Website of waddy:

http://waddywachtelinfo.com/

Review, Video, Pics from the past Show.

Also informations about new Shows.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 8, 2014 21:50

Brstonesfan
Why was Blondie dropped last tour? Very callous IMO.

Great move by the band.
Jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home