Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Matt Clifford?
Posted by: buck ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:34

Whatever happened to Matt Clifford - Mick's little buddy from the 89/90 tours? He disappeared after Steel Wheels...but do I remember seeing him on the "Being Mick" TV special a few years ago?

Re: Matt Clifford?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:39

I thought we had agree to never mention his name again on this board....

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:46

Yes, now we have to whip Buck in public.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:51

I missed it..bring us up to speed.

Date: January 13, 2006 01:58

I really didn't mean to defend anyone...I am relatively new to the board and I would have expected he has been discussed in vain in the past. I was just wondering if there was a good story behind his departure.

Date: January 13, 2006 01:59

I mean "offend" anyone.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 13, 2006 02:00

LOL, don't worry Buck, T&A is just @#$%& with you.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 13, 2006 02:06

He IS? Oh my God!

Date: January 13, 2006 02:07

Erik are you @#$%& with ME now? cause I feel an itch!

Date: January 13, 2006 02:11

It was very funny if you meant it, literally.
I didnt mean it, the way you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-20 16:24 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 13, 2006 02:12

(I was going to write this)
Should we call the police? Can you touch the keyboard? Write your address, and hit him in the head with it afterwards!

Date: January 13, 2006 02:13

LOL

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 13, 2006 02:24

HE you! He played on Streets of Love!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 13, 2006 07:14

He is also featured on Rain Fall Down.

Posted by: Cardinal Fang ()
Date: January 13, 2006 09:28

I saw Matt 2 months ago in Los Angeles. He was having dinner at the table behind mine. He was with some girl talking. I was trying to listen in for some sort of inside Stones tidbits about the tour but other than what hotel they were staying at (which I already knew) I didn't get very far. I got up to call two of my best friends from the restaurant's payphone to tell them to get their asses down here RIGHT NOW (they didn't) and by the time I got back to my table, Matt and friend had bailed.

You see, I purposely DON'T have a cell phone. (It would ring non-stop and I would never get anything done) T&A is a really cool guy and believe it or not T&A once loaned me his cell phone to call my friend Syph. We only got to hang out for such a short period of time and I wish it would of been WAY longer. Next time : - )

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. I remember "StonesTod" from about 5 years ago or so. Never made the connection !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 13, 2006 18:33

Hey Fang - good to see you here! Hope all is well...The Old Men Giants are doomed to suck big time this year, unfortunately...

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 13, 2006 18:40

Not only do we have Clifford to blame for making the Steel Wheels album and tour sound too slick, now we have him to blame for Streets of Love. Just when we thought we'd never have to put up with him again? Rain Fall Down is a pretty good song, but it still doesn't make up for everything else.

What does Clifford do when he isn't working with the Stones? Is he a producer or engineer or something?

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: January 13, 2006 18:51

he made with MICK (of course) "GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY". And I'll never thank him enough for that MASTERPIECE. FABULOUS RECORDING. I know some friends here don't like that one very much. I love it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2006 19:18

Well,

I'll defend Clifford. I was listening to Atlanta '89 today and thinking how well the two keyboards worked - but also how annoying Chuck was!

I liked SW lots and the 89/90 tour. Bill's bass, Charlie's drums and cliffords touches. A good combination. Upbeat and lively. He made some of the (then) more obscure tracks work. Light Years. Ruby Tuesday. Important on tracks like Terrifying.

I wouldn't want Clifford back though. It worked then, however. (Not at all keen on SOL and RFD). He co-wrote and played on Jagger's 2001 album. Which is utterly disposable.

But, no, I don't know what he's doing now.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: January 13, 2006 19:29

I'll go out on a limb with Shezeboss. I really enjoyed Goddess and would go a step further and say that I think it is a far superior album to ABB. Then again, a bad case of shits is better than ABB.

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Date: January 13, 2006 19:35

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 00:32 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 13, 2006 19:36

Obviously, James is drinking again.

Date: January 13, 2006 20:46

Mr Wibble Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well,
>
> I'll defend Clifford. I>

I vote Mr Wibble off the IORR island....

Date: January 13, 2006 22:20

You don't have a vote! It's not a democracy. It's an aristocracy.

And I'm King.

So, get back to sewing those mail-bags, surf.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 13, 2006 23:29

I didn't know Clifford was involved in Goddess (a friend burned a copy for me so I don't have the liner notes). But that goes a long way toward explaining why, except for about three songs, it sucks to high heaven.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 14, 2006 00:39

He did the music for the horror classic "Return Of The Living Dead." Not bad music either. Was just watching it last weekend and saw his name in the credits. Can't say I blame him for anything, not if he was just contributing what the band wanted.

Date: January 14, 2006 01:03

Correct.

Clifford is Innocent!

What can a poor country boy do, but to play for a filthy rich Rock'n'Roll business-band, if asked? (Cos in Sleepy Gloucestershire, ain't no place for a Mouth Organ Man).

Actually, more to the point, what was Matt the Mouth Organ Clifford doing BEFORE Jagger plucked him from obscurity?

And he was So Young, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-14 01:06 by Mr Wibble.

Date: January 14, 2006 01:33

off the island I say - go, scat!

Posted by: doster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 05:05

Why don't fans like Chuck. He was a big part of Wandering Spirit a great Jagger solo album.

I think he's great.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 8, 2014 23:34

..he plays with the Stones on the 2014 tour and can be seen in the new Mick Jagger sketch mocking Monty Python....and the Stones themselves..!!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home