Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The Sunday 26th August 2007 thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 18, 2011 22:21

Gazza
paulywaul
I only ask myself one thing these days ... is it at all likely that all the rumours swirling around will eventually give way to an "official" announcement of sorts as regards a tour, a small number of performances, even a single performance - whatever ? So far the indications are that no, for the moment the rumours seem set to continue to swirl, there's f**k all indication of any kind of announcement forthcoming about the much touted "50th", so wtf ? I gotta say, in doing the rounds of interviews for Superheavy, haven't seen MJ quite SO eager to deflect any and every question about the Stones and what their plans may/may not be in a very long time. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah well .... !

Pauly - the Stones will be touring in 2012.

Theres no indication 'forthcoming' for the sole reason that it's only September 2011, and there never IS this far in advance.

I honestly cant see what the anxiety is all about here.

No anxiety, just expressing a lil bit o' disappointment that good ole MJ couldn't have sounded a tad more as if he actually gave a shite during these various SH interviews he was doin' recently, but hey ... whatever. Yes, happy to take your word for it that we'll seem 'em do somethin' or other in 2012, no sweat. cheers. Whatever & wherever, I'll be there ... need my "fix" !!

So realistically, approx when d'ya reckon they'll announce something ? Spring 2012 ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 18, 2011 22:49

Probably, yes.

Mick's always pretty non-committal and evasive about these things so far in advance. And if he'd given even the slightest indication that something was imminent Stones-wise, then not a single journalist reporting on his interview would have even mentioned the record he's trying to promote.

The man is a professional and has been dealing with interviewers for decades. He cant be expected to view this whole business in the same way as a Rolling Stones fan who cares about him doing nothing else but a Stones tour.

For what its worth - and I'm surprised this has been overlooked - a few weeks ago he was actually hinting at the possibility of SuperHeavy doing some shows. Now he's saying that theres no chance of them touring because 'we all have other things to do'.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 22:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 18, 2011 22:52

Gazza
Probably, yes.

Mick's always pretty non-committal and evasive about these things so far in advance. And if he'd given even the slightest indication that something was imminent Stones-wise, then not a single journalist reporting on his interview would have even mentioned the record he's trying to promote.

The man is a professional and has been dealing with interviewers for decades. He cant be expected to view this whole business in the same way as a Rolling Stones fan who cares about him doing nothing else but a Stones tour.

For what its worth - and I'm surprised this has been overlooked - a few weeks ago he was actually hinting at the possibility of SuperHeavy doing some shows. Now he's saying that theres no chance of them touring because 'we all have other things to do'.

Cheers Gazza, a pleasure to hear from you as always.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 18, 2011 23:06

Gazza

In his latest interview Mick said
While Jagger insists SuperHeavy would only play live "if we could create some
kind of special event", he and Stewart are keen to make a follow-up record."

meaning he doesn't deny the possibility of gigs with SH. He might have said it 'cause he was with Stewart, and when he said "we all have other things to do" he was interviewed alone.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: September 18, 2011 23:57

I was at all 3 shows.
Mixed emotions when I got out of the venue after the last one. It's all over now? - (Maybe)The Last Time? I still remember it was hard times when I walked out alone from the venue and tried to catch up my friends outside.
I think the second show was the best of them - The band was on fire that night!!

...and I really hope I will meet all of you IORR'ians again as soon as possible - Hopefully: Let's have a beer before the next show!

Per-Arne

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:05

proudmary
Gazza

In his latest interview Mick said
While Jagger insists SuperHeavy would only play live "if we could create some
kind of special event", he and Stewart are keen to make a follow-up record."

meaning he doesn't deny the possibility of gigs with SH. He might have said it 'cause he was with Stewart, and when he said "we all have other things to do" he was interviewed alone.

An 'event' could be a TV appearance. As they're in New York this week, its not unreasonable to think they could do a song or two to promote it. Unlikely, but possible. A concert however would take weeks of preparation and rehearsal. A tour even longer.

Joss Stone has a new album of her own to promote, which only came out 2 months ago (she has festival dates in Brazil and Australia in the next 6 weeks) and Stewart is also going to Australia soon to work. There's no chance of any touring with this band in 2011 to promote this venture. They may well indeed work together again but it's not going to be in the near future. They all appear to have other plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 00:08 by Gazza.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:52

August 21st to 26th was the best week of my life.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:53

That'ssweeeet ofyou Flairville!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:55

Per-Arne
I really hope I will meet all of you IORR'ians again as soon as possible

That's the spirit I like smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home