Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Sixties on CNN
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 19, 2014 19:17

Well, this topic isn't 100% OT as Mick Jagger was featured for a micro-second shaking Ed Sullivan's hand. Also, Jimi Hendrix was shown on the Dick Cavett show..kind of an odd coupling! Anyway, this is a 10-part documentary series featured weekly on CNN. It's fascinating stuff. I've already watched the first 2 episodes on TV Coming of Age and The World on the Brink. I missed the episode on Kennedy's Assasination but, I don't know, I find that very sad and gruesome.

So far, the music of the period serves pretty much a backdrop, but that will change on July 10 (episode 6) The British Invasion and August 7 (episode 10) Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll..can't wait. I'm sure the Stones will not be overlooked!!

Re: OT: The Sixties on CNN
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 19, 2014 20:15

I caught one of the episodes a few weeks ago. Here's the preview for the one on music of the sixties.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 19, 2014 20:17

latebloomer
I caught one of the episodes a few weeks ago. Here's the preview for the one on music of the sixties.

[www.cnn.com]

Thanks..I just love this stuff!smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:42

I'm a bit confused about this series, as I thought the episode about the British invasion had already been on? (The one that was heavy on the Dave Clark Five?) It was good, anyway.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:46

Aquamarine
I'm a bit confused about this series, as I thought the episode about the British invasion had already been on? (The one that was heavy on the Dave Clark Five?) It was good, anyway.

I saw a DC5 thing on PBS last week. That was fab.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 20, 2014 22:14

Aquamarine

You're right, they showed it earlier this year for the Beatle's Ed Sullivan Anniversary, but it wasn't really heavy on the DC5, that was the PBS doc. This one has things that most Stones fans have probably seen, like the Howlin' Wolf TV appearance, but was not too bad to watch.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 20, 2014 23:11

White people rewriting history.

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: June 21, 2014 09:26

Liked the others mentioned above & will look for this, too! cool smiley

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 21, 2014 19:40

the show on vietnam is surprisingly good. absolutely recommend it.

you would think today is aug, 1964.

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:19

caught some of it & liked it, did catch the Kennedy segment, Vietnam seg sad, supposedly more coming from CNN? smileys with beer

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home