Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jimmy Scott is dead. Sad. I loved him.
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 15, 2014 20:06

Tribute to one of the greatest artists, seen and heard in the 90s in Nantes, France. Died on the eve of the Stones concert in Paris. Two (Jimmy and Mick) of the greatest artists in the music world with Willy Deville. RIP Jimmy.I didn't know that sad thing when Mick was in front of us yesterday, in the evening. Sad sad sad.

Re: Jimmy Scott is dead. Sad. I loved him.
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 15, 2014 20:14

And who paid tribute to him : Madonna... confused smiley

I hope this hag gave him money when, in the 80's, she was already a pop millionnaire and he was struggling to keep afloat...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 15, 2014 20:42

Saw him with Lou in '92.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:28

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 16, 2014 21:39

Jimmy Scott was a great singer especially in his younger days. It's really sad that he was only recognized in later years, but I am glad he did get some of the attention that was long overdue. May he rest in peace.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 21, 2014 14:11

Really sad news - can't believe this passed me by. Shame that so few on this board seem to have given it any attention. He was truly one of the great singers of our time. I was also lucky enough to have seen him with Lou Reed on the Magic and Loss tour.

RIP Jimmy

For anyone interested there's a fantastic documentary called 'If you only knew' about his life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home