Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Expectations
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:09

What a day!

Now it´s 13:00 p.m.. At 14:00 p.m. I´ll leave my home near Cologne, will pick up a friend and drive to Düsseldorf...

I NEVER expected to see the Stones ever again.

I became a fan around 1982, I loved the old stuff and the “new“ stuff. Listened to Tatooo You and “Rolled Gold“ every day. But I missed their show in 1982.

1990 they came back again to Cologne and I was there! What an axperience!! My heroes on stage including Old Bill. Their show was very diferent from “Let´s Spend The Night Together“ (the movie); maybe a lack of improvisation. But it was great!!

When they left the stage, I said GOODBYE to them. Was sure, they finished their carrer.

What a surprise: in 1995 their were in Cologne again, without Bill. The music was a bit more loose, felt more like STONES. And they did BEAST OF BURDEN.

I thought THAT`S IT and said GOODBYE....

I was a fool. In 1998 I saw them in Düsseldorf. The best show sow far!!! And some great new songs. The crowd didn´t stop the chorus of SAINT OF ME. And the best stage ever and that futuristic bridge. Of course: THAT was the last time: GOODBYE.

I was wrong. In 1999 they did their last show of the B2B/No Security-tour in Cologne. I´ll never forget Charlie walking over the brigde with an umbrella. They did a monster version of RAMBLER!! Mick said THANK YOU and GOODBYE to everyone of the tour crew. And I said my final GOODBYE to the Stones.

Ha! I was wrong... in 2003 they were in Oberhausen. That was an average show; the crowd was mixed up with ACDC-fans. Very strange night. Only ONE new song. That´s it: GOODBYE!!

BUT: a friend of mine invited me in 2005 to the USA. So I saw them in Charlottesville: the show with the bomb thread.... They played great, but very routined. Because of their age, I said my very last GOODBYE...

Now I´m sitting here and crack up laughing. Today I will see the ROLLING STONES again!!!!!!!!
Saw some videos of the current tour. Don´t know what to think. But I`VE GOT NO EXPECTATIONS!

Shall I say GOODBYE??

Priest

Re: No Expectations
Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:17

Re: No Expectations
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:56

This goodbye is lasting 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home