Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
OT - NHL Hockey 2013-14
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2014 07:33

I couldn't find a thread for this so here is mine and what a good way to start by posting the Buffalo Sabres annual thumping of the San Jose Sharks 4-2 in Buffalo. This time while in last place in the league.

On another note, in a big trade, the Buffalo Sabres send goaltender Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues for goaltender Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier and two draft selections, including a first-round pick in 2015 to the Sabres. The second pick is conditional if one of the following occurs: the Blues reach the conference finals or Miller signs a contract with the Blues. The pick becomes a 2014 first rounder in addition to the 2015 first rounder.

Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2013-14
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: March 1, 2014 08:23

Go Blackhawks

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 1, 2014 08:26

Big trade for the Blues. Wonder if the Hawks will do anything or stick with the current lineup? They still need a second line centre. Michael Handzus is adequate but not great. Go Hawks!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 1, 2014 08:28

Leafs!

Nice to see Miller getting a shot with a contender.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 1, 2014 17:18

Well Sicilian I'm gonna say it again as I did weeks ago. Miller to St Louis. You didn't believe me. Again Pegula has destroyed this team. He's in it for the money and nothing more. I don't care what anybody says.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 1, 2014 22:05

LETS GO HAWKS!!

Date: March 2, 2014 03:11

LaFontaine's gone.... another reason Pegula is a fool. Nolan is probably shaking in his boots. His savior is gone.

Date: March 2, 2014 05:59

Watching the Heritage Classic Hawks vs Penguins game right now. Bickell just scored to make it 4-1 late in the third period!
Sunday the Canucks play Ottawa at BC Place in Vancouver. Not really much excitement by the local media about the game with around 5000 seats still unsold and lots of tickets available from scalpers. Not sure why the NHL picked Ottawa to play as the opposition as there's no rivalry with the Canucks. Roof may or may not be open,depending on how the weather is.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 2, 2014 06:26

Yeah, they're trying to base a rivalry on the 1915 Stanley Cup Final between the two cities. Bit of a stretch.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 2, 2014 18:23

The Sicilian
I couldn't find a thread for this so here is mine and what a good way to start by posting the Buffalo Sabres annual thumping of the San Jose Sharks 4-2 in Buffalo. This time while in last place in the league.

On another note, in a big trade, the Buffalo Sabres send goaltender Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues for goaltender Jaroslav Halak, forward Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier and two draft selections, including a first-round pick in 2015 to the Sabres. The second pick is conditional if one of the following occurs: the Blues reach the conference finals or Miller signs a contract with the Blues. The pick becomes a 2014 first rounder in addition to the 2015 first rounder.

Blues have seemed to have lost their scoring touch...gave up a total of 2 goals the last 2 games and lost them both. Not going to win many games scoring zero goals.

But gotta give the Blues new regime credit, they're going for it. Hasn't been this exciting since before the Keenan regime.

Date: March 2, 2014 18:47

Now in today's Sunday paper we learn the Pat LaFontaine has mysteriously resigned from the Buffalo Sabres front office after only a few months on the job.

Date: March 2, 2014 18:49

More Hot Rocks
LaFontaine's gone.... another reason Pegula is a fool. Nolan is probably shaking in his boots. His savior is gone.

What is the going on over here? This is becoming embarrassing to the city and franchise.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 2, 2014 19:32

Their as screwed up as the Bills now. Seymour Knox is spinning in his grave.Every sense Knox sold the team this franchise has been f-ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 19:34 by black n blue.

Date: April 13, 2014 03:39

Alright. Playoffs around the corner. West will be nuts. Six genuine contenders. Boston fans must be smiling they are in the East.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: April 13, 2014 04:05

Hope The Big Bad Bruins take the cup! The MEZ

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2014 05:08

I'm relieved the Canucks have been put out of their misery. Now, on to summer.

By the way, how come no one else is posting...I have like 10 in a row?!

Date: April 13, 2014 06:55

Terrible year for all the Canadian teams. Only Montreal makes the playoffs. Locally, all the Canuck fans are disappointed but now Trevor Linden has been hired as the new president so maybe there's some hope for next year. My Blackhawks will face either Colorado or St. Louis in the first round. Going to be tough either way but St. Louis is slumping right now so of the two, I'd rather see them play the Blues. Kane and Toews should be rested and ready for the playoffs.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2014 07:48

There is a debate on the sports pages here in Sweden about the long play-off season due to the fact that none of the big cities (Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmoe) have made it to the play-offs over here. Add on that the fact that the football (soccer) season has started and you will have the result that the major newspapers won't write much about the hockey play-offs. Do you have the same situation in Canada or the USA? When your team goes out the interest just dies out....

Date: April 13, 2014 08:41

In Canada, there's always excitement when the playoffs start but obviously, not as much when your local team doesn't make the playoffs. Regardless, between CBC and TSN you can pretty much watch games every night.
In the US, I'm sure it's a different situation in that hockey isn't the number one sport, especially in the southern states.

Date: April 13, 2014 16:37

Here in US, the NFL is most popular and that competes and takes away interest from the beginning of hockey season not the playoffs. In Chicago we dread when the NBA and NHL playoffs are over. It means we have to watch our baseball teams.

Date: April 13, 2014 16:44

doubledoor
Here in US, the NFL is most popular and that competes and takes away interest from the beginning of hockey season not the playoffs. In Chicago we dread when the NBA and NHL playoffs are over. It means we have to watch our baseball teams.
`

now that`s funny

Date: April 13, 2014 17:54

doubledoor

its like watching paint dry isn't it?

Date: April 13, 2014 19:20

More Hot Rocks
doubledoor

its like watching paint dry isn't it?

it's a subtle thing...watching it darken slightly as it dries.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2014 19:39

DGA35
Big trade for the Blues. Wonder if the Hawks will do anything or stick with the current lineup? They still need a second line centre. Michael Handzus is adequate but not great. Go Hawks!

Blues gave up playing defense! Another first round exit? I'm hoping they get past the 1st round at least.

Date: April 13, 2014 21:27

St. Louis is really choking right now, losing 5 in a row and losing so far today against Detroit. I'm glad Chicago will face them in the first round since they've had so much trouble against Colorado this year. Ryan Miller hasn't played well lately. We get WGN on satellite in Canada so I'm glad they started showing Hawks games again the past few years.
To Doubledoor, one of these years, the Cubs will win!!!

Date: April 14, 2014 03:02

Sabres season is finally done. Thank you Mr Pegula for being your typical fat cat business owner. You will never make a dime of of me. You don't belong in a blue color town like Buffalo. You don't fit here. Go back to pushing a pen out of state.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 14, 2014 11:46

What have happened with the mighty ducks? now they have been passing my team Blues...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 14, 2014 14:05

Wondering if the Rangers will make it past this first round.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2014 17:42

The NHL has screwed up the playoff format. It makes zero sense. They need to go back to 1 plays 8 in the conference since the divisions are screwed up as well.

Or 1 plays 16 like it was back in the 1970s and early 1980s.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 15, 2014 19:44

Coming from a Hawks fan, all I can say is the Blues better remember to start playing defense again real quick or they will be hitting the links soon. Still plenty of seats for sale regarding first two games in St Louis. Where are the fans? Hawks fans will happily help fill empty seats at STC. Ticket prices in St Louis are a relative bargain compared to UC games. First game is huge in this series. If the Hawks can steal that one, the blue note will be singing em.

Lets Go Hawks!

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home