Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sweet summer sun Hyde park BBC4 tonight 9pm
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 9, 2014 22:43

Just noticed that BBC4 are showing one hour of Hyde park 2013 tonight at 9pm

Enjoy

Nate

Re: Sweet summer sun Hyde park BBC4 tonight 9pm
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 10, 2014 00:20

Awesome Evenings entertainment

\m/

Posted by: balders ()
Date: May 10, 2014 13:20

The compilation of tracks afterwards was fantastic though not sure about theaccuracy of the captions-Mick wanted to go disco with Miss You-the rest ofthe band didnt but went alongwith it to humour him-great 2 hours entertainment though.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 10, 2014 13:50

there were some alternative takes in the compilation, IORR was particularly interesting.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 10, 2014 14:47

I thought it was surprising how little there was of The Rolling Stones at The BBC
also I'm sure they did SilverTrain on Old Grey Whistle Test? Maybe left it out as it's a relatively little known track? Or is it lost? The one thing I'd never seen before was Gimme Shelter. Great version even without the Merry Clayton/Lisa Fischer part.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 10, 2014 15:18

Brought back happy Hyde Park memories but also enjoyed the compilation programme. "Let's Spend the Night Together" was priceless, with poor Mick having to keep to his mark doing all sorts of contortions on the spot next to a typically granite faced and almost motionless Bill! Both programmes on iPlayer for another week for those in the UK who want to watch at leisure.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 10, 2014 15:48

Thanks, Nate for the heads up.

I'm going to watch this on catch-up this evening.

Edit: I'll have to put a rain-check on that until tomorrow...I've been told our TV is having Eurovision on this evening...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-10 21:41 by MarthaTuesday.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2014 04:04

For those living in UK, the BBC website are streaming "The Rolling Stones at the BBC". [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 11, 2014 08:30

The BBC iPlayer works only inside the UK - to watch it in other countries, you can use a free anonymous proxy server from UK with your browser or network settings.

Link to 'Sweet Summer Sun': [www.bbc.co.uk] (until Sat, 17 May 2014).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-11 22:00 by Irix.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: May 13, 2014 00:38

Outstanding concert. Great show!

Date: May 13, 2014 01:22

tomcat2006
Outstanding concert. Great show!

I agree! It's the Stones on fire in a blaze of glory in the sunset of their career in what may ultimately turn out to be their final appearance at Hyde Park, although I hold out hope for a return in 2019 on the 50th anniversary of Hyde Park 1 in 1969. If not, then it was a glorious ending to the Hyde Park saga and took place under a sweet summer sunset, which seemed all to surreal, but stunningly appropriate.

Date: May 13, 2014 02:05

I have probably watched my Sweet Summer Sun DVD at least 50 times since it was released. It definitely helped me through the long grey soggy NW winter. The Stones are the greatest high in the world. Their triumphant return to Hyde Park almost 44 years to the day of their '69 concert puts a huge smile on my face every time I think about it. I can't wait for Glastonbury to receive an official release.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 10, 2014 00:05

Sweet Summer Sun will be broadcasted tonight on French TV : [www.france4.fr]
Starting @23h25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home