Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

In "Little By Little"
Date: May 17, 2014 13:43

There are some sounds in Stones songs that have been baffling me for ages. (One was that weird trombone type sound on Ya-Ya's "Carol"; but we had a thread about that a while back). Another are these high pitched falsetto sounds that happen in "Little by Little". I think the first time it occurs is during Keith's solo. Usually happens when they go to the IV chord.
The reason I am not convinced it is a falsetto wail, is because it doesn't make sense. There were no female BU singers. And the Stones the,selves...this was their first album, and they ripped though the set besically

I meant to add: the Spector conncetion to this song COULD explain it. But what/who is it?

This thread could also be used to bring up other strange unexplained sounds in Stones songs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-17 13:44 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Re: In "Little By Little"
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 17, 2014 14:21

Just yelps etc by those present, probably Mick.

It's nothing odd for any of them to put their voices up in to falsetto and put on any kind of accent whilst doing so.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 18, 2014 00:11

Palace Revolution 2000

This thread could also be used to bring up other strange unexplained sounds in Stones songs.

Very tempting.cool smiley

Date: May 18, 2014 11:35

His Majesty

It's nothing odd for any of them to put their voices up in to falsetto and put on any kind of accent whilst doing so.

I do think it is odd for them to do it at this stage. And in that style. They just were not that sophisticated yet. Those are sophisticated yelps.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 18, 2014 11:38

Palace Revolution 2000
His Majesty

I do think it is odd for them to do it at this stage. And in that style. They just were not that sophisticated yet. Those are sophisticated yelps.

I love it. grinning smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 18, 2014 11:41

Ah but that handful of skinny English cats had been paying real close attention to the right stuff,
and recognized the power of sophisticated yelps just like that. Yep, that early.

I love the Rolling Stones

Date: May 18, 2014 13:30

Palace Revolution 2000

Given story behind the time Gene Pitney and Phil Spector were present, ie it became an alcohol fueled session, maybe the answer you are lookong for came from the bottom of a bottle.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2014 13:43

.....ya mean like Andrew's Blues .,... and it comes with sophisticated yelps

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2014 13:54

Rockman
.....ya mean like Andrew's Blues .,... and it comes with sophisticated yelps

@#$%& ROCKMAN, Oh @#$%& ROCKMAN...

thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2014 13:57

.....jeeeez I been called that many-a-time ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2014 14:04

grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 19, 2014 02:22

It's Mick doing a "yelp", first "Awright, come on Keith!" during Keith's guitar solo and then again "Your turn!" during Brian's harmonica solo and then once more "Let's get outta here!" on the outro playout.

Date: May 19, 2014 08:13

stonehearted
It's Mick doing a "yelp", first "Awright, come on Keith!" during Keith's guitar solo and then again "Your turn!" during Brian's harmonica solo and then once more "Let's get outta here!" on the outro playout.

It's "My turn" and Mick plays the harmonica solo.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2014 18:43

His Majesty
stonehearted

It's "My turn" and Mick plays the harmonica solo.

Correctomundo Majesty! Also Mick says "Alright Keith come on ??now/man??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home