Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Clash and The Rolling Stones 2 great bands on the same place grinning smiley
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:34

First time i see this pics, never know that the Clash was on the same famous place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-19 12:46 by steffiestones.

Re: The Clash and The Rolling Stones 2 great bands on the same place grinning smiley
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 19, 2014 13:04

They were also once at the same recording studio in Jamaica, just 3 weeks apart when the Clash rolled in to record the Sandinista! album. In the Clash biopic Westway To The World, they mention how they got chased out of there by some rough locals and of how the Stones had just been there recording but who didn't have any such trouble, since they knew to spread some cash around and pay the proper tributes to the right people.

Re: The Clash and The Rolling Stones 2 great bands on the same place grinning smiley
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 19, 2014 18:15

AND...they both had the Joe Ely Band open for them.

Further...Keef & Strummer were huge Jesse Taylor fans, but then again, who wasn't? As I hear it, Keef bugged Jesse for years & years to buy his guitar.

I love thinking about The Clash being taken to Lubbock, Tx of all places, and Strummer just wide eyed about being exposed to this magical (in his mind) music land...or so the story goes...

Lubbock, the worst place/best music ratio in the world...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 19, 2014 18:25

I know Joe Strummer was a Stones fan, do The Stones like The Clash?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 19, 2014 20:38

And they both loved Bo Diddley! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home