Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Muscle Shoals Movie
Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 04:19

Searched and didn't see anything on this...

If you haven't had the chance, be sure to see the "Muscle Shoals" movie. It was recently released on DVD.

Mick and Keith are both in it numerous times, offering insights into their view of, and experiences at, the legendary recording studios in this tiny Alabama town.

This true story of the tragic and triumphant life of Rick Hall and the others who recorded some of the most iconic record albums ever recorded is amazing.

Commentary and appearances from the likes of Percy Sledge, Bono, Clarence Carter, Greg Allman, Steve Winwood and others.

Definitely worth checking out.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Re: Muscle Shoals Movie
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 10, 2014 04:24

There's at least other three threads about it, but this is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 05:06

Thought there probably was. Hit the search button and all that came up was some posts about the Brown Sugar recording.

My bad.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 10, 2014 05:11

Don't worry. This thread reminded me to see this movie again. thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 05:12

The search by default only searches the last 30 days. You can set it wider if you want and will find more results.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 08:23

Yeah saw this by accident and it was a great surprise. Keith and the boy's kind of helping to revive this studio just by their being there and a good look at the entire history of this iconic place. They began by recording many of the greatest black artists of all time and then took even a bigger chance by recording young blues/rocknroll artists. First they couldn't go into town for a meal because their clients were black. Then they didn't dare go grab a meal because their clients were white but had long hair. Redneck southern United States of America at the time and you'd better believe it buddy! They'de as soon kill you as look at you if you didn't look right to them and I can imagine the impression someone like Keith must have made in the deep south in the early 1970's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home