Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

at a stoplight...
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:03

Yesterday at a lengthy stop light stuck in Traffic in Auckland, I am enjoying the autumn sun with the top down on my car. Next to me is a big delivery truck. The CD player is blaring the Stones, and every green light we creep a few slots closer to the intersection. I become aware during Sad Sad Sad that there is a clap track that doesn't belong, and in a few seconds I realize that the guys in the truck next door are clapping and laughing and looking down. From the passenger side I hear, " Stones man, they are great, you going to the show?"

"Yes" I reply and he says he has been to every show they have played in NZ. I crank the stereo and the three of us are laughing and singing and annoying the school children walking home until a few lights later we separate.

And once again I realize, there are KR, MJ, RW, CW, but THE ROLLING STONES are a global phenomenon. One day " are you going?" will become "remember when we went," and for that reason we all need to see them while we can!! hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 00:16 by kahoosier.

Re: at a stoplight...
Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:12

No doubt! As much as your wallet can take..

Oslo-Berlin-Vienna-Stockholm..++??

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:21

We just love the Stones here in Auckland,
last Sat nite, was a gorgeous warm clear evening...I s`pose I wasn`t the only one feeling it, talk about mixed emotions !!
but, November will be here soon enough.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:23

Lovely story kahoosier, thanks for sharing. They are indeed global.

Still feel a glow of happiness when I think back to the Stones moment I shared with an NYC police officer. I was exhausted and stressed trying to make my way through the city traffic to move my daughter into her dorm. In a long line of cars, finally got to the front, and this cop leans in to tell me where to park and sees my Stones t-shirt. Great, short conversation about how much we both love the band, high fives and then I was on my way. Made me smile and soothed my rattled nerves for the rest of the day. Only another Stones fan would understand. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home