Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glastonbury ..................my fave gig on a DVD.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 24, 2014 00:21

Wasn't there at Glastonbury,but after watching it tonight over in Spain for the 30 + times I seen it , had tears in my eyes for how good and memorable this gig was.
Everything was right at this gig.
Setlist...............audience,venue............everything was great for all who were lucky to be there, and us who can see it on DVD.

I hope and pray The Stones can perform on the Europe tour,up to the way we are used to seeing them play these days,......................which is great,................really great.

They still deserve that title .................. 'The Best Rock 'n Roll Band in the World.'

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 20:50 by crawdaddy.

Re: Glastonbury ..................my fave gig on a DVD.
Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: March 24, 2014 00:37

And where is this DVD to be got?

I saw some of the BBC broadcast (which was not the whole show).

I thought that 2000 Light Years was an inspired choice - then followed by sympathy if memory serves.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 24, 2014 00:42

Very fun to watch...Keith was fantastic...
The stones really stepped it up for a perceived younger dynamic...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:46

Aside from some choice US arena shows, I think this show was a great document of the 2013 tour. The fact that this show was in the can because it was shown on television and it was a festival so the work was already done for the Stones as a release, I think this was realistically the best thing they could have released from this tour. An arena show would have been better but required more work from them.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 24, 2014 09:05

Deluxtone

And where is this DVD to be got?

[www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 10:29

I was lucky enough to have been there that night, really was special

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 11:25

crawdaddy
Not there at Glastonbury,but after watching it tonight over in Spain for the 30 + times I seen it , had tears in my eyes for how good and memorable this gig was.
Everything was right at this gig.
Setlist...............audience,venue............everything was great for all who were lucky to be there and us who can see it on DVD.

I hope and pray The Stones can perform on the Europe tour,up to the way we are used to seeing them play these days,......................which is great,................really great.

smileys with beer

thumbs up thumbs up Watched what there was of it on TV while listening to the live broadcast on Radio 2......

It really was a fantastic gig for all the reasons you have stated.....

A truly wonderful 'special' night.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:30

Seemed to take a while for Can't You Hear Me Knocking to take shape. Not really sure it ever did but hey, Taylor's back!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:35

this was a very special show by the glimmers!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 24, 2014 16:07

Yea this was a great concert one the best you can buy complete dvd-r for around £10.00 to £12.00 brilliant show and sound too,i wonder if it will come come out as a box set for stones 50th anv,that would be a great treat for stones fans.
IT'S ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LOVE IT.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:26

Glastonbury was the only gig from the last years that impressed me..........so I will certainly buy this one......

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:49

NICOS
Glastonbury was the only gig from the last years that impressed me..........so I will certainly buy this one......

Big chance that will happen. Though there are several uploads of Glastonbury songs on YT, my upload of Can't You HMK was blocked worldwide several times. That points to an official release, because it was the highlight of that show and is permanently blocked on YT.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:58

No doubt at some point there will be an official release

The Stones at Glastonbury - the title sells itself. They wont pass up on a money spinner like that. My guess would be in maybe 12 months once the current tours over we'll get this.

Date: March 24, 2014 19:03

The marketing team screwed this up again if they truly wanted it official...the perfect HD copies of GBury that most fans already have will not be enhanced by slick art, studio overdubs and edited performances...not for $30+...

Another missed opportunity

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 24, 2014 19:24

Date: March 24, 2014 19:25

Munichhilton
The marketing team screwed this up again if they truly wanted it official...the perfect HD copies of GBury that most fans already have will not be enhanced by slick art, studio overdubs and edited performances...not for $30+...

Yeah, in fact we already have it and didn't miss the opportunity.

Date: March 24, 2014 19:30

kleermaker
Munichhilton

Fans don't miss opportunities...fans are opportunists...

Date: March 24, 2014 20:06

Munichhilton
kleermaker
Munichhilton

So be glad about this missed opportunity. The really important missed opportunities are the not released Taylor era shows and also a couple from 66 and 67. And not to forget the official Brussels release with its lifeless sound.

Date: March 24, 2014 20:18

kleermaker
Munichhilton
kleermaker
Munichhilton

So be glad about this missed opportunity. The really important missed opportunities are the not released Taylor era shows and also a couple from 66 and 67. And not to forget the official Brussels release with its lifeless sound.

Their missed opportunities mean nothing to me...being opportunistic I've had the opportunity to gather all I need over 30 years...much of it superior to what they finally got around releasing at an inopportune time...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 24, 2014 20:21

I didn't like this show very much. Bad versions of Tumbling Dice and Start Me Up.

Date: March 24, 2014 21:16

Thanks so much for posting this review.

It just about sums up what I thought about a memorable Rolling Stones gig, that I am so glad that I have a copy of so that I can just play again and again..................and there's a couple of great artwork pieces out there to add the finishing touches to it. smileys with beer

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: March 24, 2014 22:31

crawdaddy

It just about sums up what I thought about a memorable Rolling Stones gig, that I am so glad that I have a copy of so that I can just play again and again..................and there's a couple of great artwork pieces out there to add the finishing touches to it. smileys with beer
crawdaddy, steer me to a purchase source for that exact copy, after reading the review, sounds like it would be an awesome choice for my HD system.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:39

Why was the twitter feed from bbc watchers so negative for this show ?

Date: March 25, 2014 00:41

Dunno !

You tell me. eye rolling smiley

Date: March 25, 2014 00:43

mgguy
crawdaddy

crawdaddy, steer me to a purchase source for that exact copy, after reading the review, sounds like it would be an awesome choice for my HD system.

Have a look at a few posts back and you can see where to get it. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 25, 2014 05:02

Glastonbury will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest events in the history of the band.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2014 07:14

Should be an official release. Warts and all.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 25, 2014 07:22

mgguy
crawdaddy

It can be easily obtained on the internet for free and burned to a dvd, no point in paying for something that is unofficial, although I do make exceptions for vinyl.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 13:05

I stupidly erased mine < glastonbury > from my recorder instead of the Hyde park one!!!

Date: March 25, 2014 13:51

I've seen somewhere that there are too many copywright issues what with the BBC, Michael Eavis and Rolling Stones all involved.

Can't see it myself , but I just couldn't see the DVD getting any better in an official release.

Great for us out here in Stonesland. winking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home