Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Today's news - some thoughts for us all (incl Mick)
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:44

so I first heard this news about L'Wren Tuesday am at Sydney airport, and the tour postponement 30 minutes after being announced - I am in New Zealand now and had tickets (courtesy of my best mate) to Auckland. So I posted the news...
Thoughts after 13 hours;

- very sad, and loads of sympathy, for Mick and L'Wren's family - in many ways (her age, way of leaving, reason (and who knows what they were), impact on other people (me, you, band, support team, but mainly Mick))

- Mick will come back fighting - he always has done

- I hope/think that Europe gigs will happen as planned

- I guess that Aus/NZ will be Oct/Nov this year

- Mick should write some songs to help the pain - his version of Blood on the Tracks maybe - channel the emotion into creativity

Sad Sad Sad - but out of tragedy can come good, in time

Re: Today's news - some thoughts for us all (incl Mick)
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:01

Hi Citadel..I remmeber how happy you was when we met in Bonby about this leg of the tour. Now is all sadness but as you well said, all in time. Cheers.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:03

Hey Leteyer - yes - all seems a long time ago now in Paris. Mick always opening the car window to wave to us... probably seems a life time ago to MICK

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:41

Good can come from this tho it doesn't seem possible now. sad smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:18

thecitadel

- Mick should write some songs to help the pain - his version of Blood on the Tracks maybe - channel the emotion into creativity

That's a nice thought, but Dylan was only 33 when he did BOTT and even that was considered a very advanced age for a rock musician to pull off such a masterpiece. Besides, Mick made the transition from artist to entertainer decades ago and there's no going back from that. The Entertainer will be back, of course, but the events of this week will have certainly changed him forever. Even more than is already the case, he will be putting on a purely theatrical performance, an actor, playing the role of "Mick Jagger."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 18:52 by tatters.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:05

I will be always at Mick's side, Anything he will do and decide.
He is the artist/singer I like and admire most,
He gave me unforgettable emotions .
Mick Jagger Forever

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home