Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: I'm new here
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 9, 2014 00:58

Hi folks I'm new here, been a longtime Stones fan. I'm in North America, any rumours of a North American tour this fall, I hear rumours of them in our newspaper.

Re: OT: I'm new here
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:04

Welcome, what took you so long lol

Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do and a few others I suspect.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:21

It's all over now, baby blue.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:26

I've been here nearly two years and am still new here.

I doubt the rumors of more U.S. and Canada shows this fall. These days, they are unlikely to occupy an entire calendar year with touring. In 2013, only the the bulk of the first half of the year was devoted to rehearsing and touring, and it's likely that a lengthy break will follow after their rumored European shows this summer. Besides, they still haven't touched their South American market on this tour, and they could really clean up with a few dates in Argentina and Brazil.

It will likely be two or three years before they play the U.S. and Canada again, so as not to oversaturate that market. True, the ABB tour had a "boomerang" leg where they played in the same U.S. cities twice in two years, but as mentioned above, they no longer tour that extensively and in any given year there is likely to be more time off than time on.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:26

Welcome Babyblue. I hope too that they come back to us in America. Officially for now,the only dates almost confirmed are the ones in Europe this summer.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:37

Welcome

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:37

Hey yeah WELCOME here to IORR ....

.....hate ta tell ya but it's all over now babyblue .....

ONLY JOKING ... don't fret save up ya $$$buckeroonies they'll be back to the good ole US of A ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2014 01:40

Beat ya to the pun ROCKMANwinking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:42

....whoops didn't read yours shadooby .... you win ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2014 01:48

For a Saturday night...

[www.eyeneer.com]

Date: March 9, 2014 02:18

Rockman
....whoops didn't read yours shadooby .... you win ...

No competition here ROCKMAN...jus' funnin' yasmileys with beer

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 9, 2014 02:24

babyblue
I'm in North America. Any rumours of a North American tour this fall? I hear rumours of them in our newspaper.

These days there's no telling what they will do. It doesn't seem like they have a master plan when it comes to touring. I work in the concert business and still I don't have much more information than the average fan on here. Even Chuck Leavell wrote in his blog recently that the Asian tour came as a complete surprise to him as he was told last year they wouldn't be doing any shows until at least spring. At this point looks like they will be in Europe in the early summer so there is a possibility they could come back to the US in the fall and play some of the cities they skipped last year. Or perhaps they could do some additional European dates. South America is another possibility but it's more likely they will play there next winter. In any case, the best thing to do is keep checking in here and see what comes up next. And in the meantime enjoy the rumours, questions, information, mis-information, opinions, discussions, arguments, comments and most of all, the complaints that make this site all that it is. And welcome!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 08:48 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 9, 2014 07:46

Welcome to the club. But don't count on sensitivity here! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:54

Thanks for all the nice comments, Stoners. I love this site,

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:59

Very welcome to the greatest message board in the internet. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 17, 2014 04:20

babyblue
I hear rumours of them in our newspaper.

You have a talking newspaper??? Well, then welcome!! smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home