Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger/Richards 80s feud mentioned on That Metal Show
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:24

Probably not a big program for people here, but this great show called That Metal Show on VH1 Classic (hosted by NYC radio personality Eddie Trunk) had Living Colour on as guests last night. They brought up Mick Jagger "discovering" them and taking them under his wing, and then got to talking about how they were feuding around that time. One of them mentions a great story of meeting Keith for the first time and mentioning he just spoke to Mick and Keith's face went totally white.

I don't know. Just found it to be a funny story and funny mention from that odd time in the 80s when the Stones hated each other. Figured that anything Stones related should be reported here. In case anyone is interested in seeing it, its about 12 minutes into this video (right before the first commercial break; sorry there's no other shorter link to the video):

[www.vh1.com]

Re: Jagger/Richards 80s feud mentioned on That Metal Show
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:40

I'm not a metal fan at all, but despite myself...I like that show. The host is very good, lots of great stories, humor, and some good guests and music.

Thanks for the link, RollingFreak.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:41

latebloomer
I'm not a metal fan at all, but despite myself...I like that show. The host is very good, lots of great stories, humor, and some good guests and music.

Thanks for the link, RollingFreak.

Indeed. That's a very enjoyable show, I like to watch it sometimes.

Date: January 27, 2014 00:05

Same here - not a metal head, but that is a good show. Eddie Trunk, but also his two co-horts are great. I like it when they try to stump the trunk.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 27, 2014 00:20

I'm not much of a metal fan at all, but strangely I quite enjoy that show too. They must be doing something right. Plus there is the occasional Zeppelin mention.

Date: January 27, 2014 02:47

Its a great show. Been watching since the start. I agree, when I first started watching I thought "there's no way I'm gonna watch this every week". And lo and behold I got sucked in and love it. They have great guests, and have a great way with interacting with the ones I don't even know or like. Eddie is great, but I've always liked him. The two comedians are great too, just didn't think anyone around here knew them. Cool to see fans on here! The title is a bit misleading. It really is hard rock and metal, and because its VH1 Classic it tends to steer more towards classic rock. They've had some amazing guests in the past.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:06

Living Colour...ROCKS!!!...never heard of the other guest (or his band).

Date: January 27, 2014 03:25

shadooby
Living Colour...ROCKS!!!...never heard of the other guest (or his band).

sevendust started in the mid 90's. they have some good stuff

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 27, 2014 05:41

Saw this episode last nite big fan of the show but not a metal head, loved the mick n keith story that living color told

Date: January 27, 2014 06:25

funny you brought this up...I never watch this show but I was flipping channels ad flip to this show and heard the word "Mick" and flipped to the next channel but instantly jumped back. Stayed with the show until the end. The Living Color guys were interesting. Don't know who the other guy was they brought on but found his comment about living in Butler, NJ a little funny in a sad way. I thought one of them would have mentioned a Stones song that they wished they wrote. Couldn't argue about the Zep choice form one of them though....

Date: January 27, 2014 06:52

AlmostHearYouSigh
funny you brought this up...I never watch this show but I was flipping channels ad flip to this show and heard the word "Mick" and flipped to the next channel but instantly jumped back. Stayed with the show until the end. The Living Color guys were interesting. Don't know who the other guy was they brought on but found his comment about living in Butler, NJ a little funny in a sad way. I thought one of them would have mentioned a Stones song that they wished they wrote. Couldn't argue about the Zep choice form one of them though....
Thats so funny that when he mentioned Zep (he said he wished he'd written Whole Lotta Love) I thought to myself that I might choose Jumpin Jack Flash if I were on the show. They do that segment with all of their guests and I'm pretty sure someone has said Satisfaction or Brown Sugar before.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 27, 2014 21:35

I agree that it is a great show although i don't care about Metal music at all but I don't mind acknowledging that those guys are cool and the spirit of the show feels real; they are extremely knowlegeable and they love what they do. I wish there were a rock and roll show like that one.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 1, 2014 10:54

Tune in occasionally & catch some good stuff. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 1, 2014 12:55

<<Thats so funny that when he mentioned Zep (he said he wished he'd written Whole Lotta Love)>>

Heh-Heh! I'm sure Page/Plant wished they'd written it too.winking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 1, 2014 20:41

They still hate each other. They're just paid a LOT of $$$ to pretend otherwise.

[thepowergoats.com]

OT That Metal Show Stones Content
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 2, 2014 20:45

This week on TMS Leslie West taking about guitar dueling brought up MT and Keith. for all you taylorites I thought it was due justice that he first mentioned MT and then Keith.MT played with Corky Laing of Mountain

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 3, 2014 01:38

RollingFreak
Probably not a big program for people here, but this great show called That Metal Show on VH1 Classic (hosted by NYC radio personality Eddie Trunk) had Living Colour on as guests last night. They brought up Mick Jagger "discovering" them and taking them under his wing, and then got to talking about how they were feuding around that time. One of them mentions a great story of meeting Keith for the first time and mentioning he just spoke to Mick and Keith's face went totally white.

I don't know. Just found it to be a funny story and funny mention from that odd time in the 80s when the Stones hated each other. Figured that anything Stones related should be reported here. In case anyone is interested in seeing it, its about 12 minutes into this video (right before the first commercial break; sorry there's no other shorter link to the video):

[www.vh1.com]
TMS is great

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 3, 2014 03:42

thumbs up
stonehearted
<<Thats so funny that when he mentioned Zep (he said he wished he'd written Whole Lotta Love)>>

Heh-Heh! I'm sure Page/Plant wished they'd written it too.winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home