Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stadium stage 2014 tour ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: February 4, 2014 12:16

Anybody knows what de stage will be like when they hit the stadiums this year ?
Will it be the same as the Arenas ( The Tongue Stage ), will it be local ( as in Hyde Park and Glastonbury ) or will it be new ?

Re: Stadium stage 2014 tour ?
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 4, 2014 13:13

There will be not such a thing as defined stadium tours like the last ones. That is very obvious. They do have a stage similar to Hydepark for Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, Adelaide, Hanging Rock and Auckland. I assume that may be the stage for bigger shows in other places once they decide to continue. However I also assume that the tongue pit stage will remain and some indoor shows can be expected also in Europe if, always if they do continue.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: February 5, 2014 05:38

Is anyone who was at Hyde Park able to guess at how many meters across in total that stage was, and how many meters across the actual stage opening minus the screens was?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:25

Great Oak Stage, BST Hyde Park 2013:

"Installed in just 10 days it was based on a 25m x 20m VerTechâ„¢ system, with everything extended. [...] The combined weight of trees and screens reached 50 tons, consisting of 3 trunks in total with a main branch to each side extending to 13m long, all of these contained truss on the downstage edge of the stage structure."

See: [www.eventindustrynews.co.uk]

(Click on picture for large view)

Also interesting: 3D-Model of the 'Great Oak Stage'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-05 10:45 by Irix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home