Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick shmoozing at post-Oscars Vanity Fair party
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 1, 2011 15:23

Mick was at the same table with Fran Lebowitz, not so bad a company.

As for Bieber it seems the boy sincerely admires his hero

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 1, 2011 15:48

Micks was actually sitting at the table. He was at Graydon Carter's table with Fran Leibowitz and Barry Diller, Dianne Von Furstenberg. Carter is the editor in chief of Vanity Fair and he hosts the annual aprty.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 1, 2011 16:58

Munichhilton

Is Mick drinking his young blood, or asking to collaborate?

Is Justin Bieber really that short or is Mick wearing his super high heels?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 1, 2011 17:57

stupidguy2
Edith Grove
stupidguy2
Mick seems to be edging into the Hollywood elite in the last few years....really shoozing. DOesn't seem have the Stones on his mind at all.

Mick has rubbing elbows with hollywood elite for decades and he has way more time on his hands that most of us to think about the Stones.

Mick has always known and rubbed shoulders with stars, but mostly through the haze of the crazy nightlife (ie, Nicholson, Beatty etc..)but Jagger was never part of the Hollywood in-crowd. He's been a regular at the Vanity Fair party for only the last five. We all know Jagger is serious about producing films and he seems to be directing his social strata toward Hollywood more than before. Mick hasn't fluttered around LA this much since the early-mid 70s. Hollywood might have come to his concerts, and Mick occasionally caroused with Nicholson for women in the wilder hangouts.... but now he's establishing ties to Hollywood establishment.

Not so much,stupidguy2.
"...Although many A-list stars from film, TV, music and publishing/media reguarly attend the event (and some stars are there practically every year), Jagger has been more selective about his attendance. He previously attended the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2006 and 2009, each time accompanied by his longtime girlfriend L’Wren Scott, who was his date again this year".

[www.examiner.com]

I like how he's establishing ties to this beautiful onewinking smiley

(with Georgia Jagger 02.24.2011, LA)

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 1, 2011 18:14

i love how some paparazzi photos appear of mick "schmoozing" in hollywood with other celebs (because that NEVER happens, right?) and all of a sudden some of you are saying he's establishing connections in the film business because he's "serious" about producing and he's putting his foot in the door and he's losing interest in the stones and blah blah blah. give me a break. he's serious about producing? and you know this....how? you've attended his business meetings? you know him personally?

Stones in Exile (documentary) (executive producer)
2009 Get Yer Ya Ya's Out (video documentary short) (executive producer)
2008/I The Women (producer)
2008 Shine a Light (documentary) (executive producer)
2007 The Knights of Prosperity (TV series) (executive producer - 1 episode)
– Operation: Fighting Shape (2007) (executive producer)
2004 The Women (short) (producer)
2003 Rolling Stones: Tip of the Tongue (video documentary) (executive producer)
2001 Enigma (producer)
1987 Running Out of Luck (executive producer)

wow, that's quite the impressive CV you've got there, Mick! you really ARE serious!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 1, 2011 20:57

KeithNacho
KR's book might be embarraising, but this photo and those MJ's new friends...........CRAP
What new friends. He's at a Hollywood party. That's nowhere near as embarrassing as Keith's book.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:15

Of course he was there, He's MICK JAGGER for fucksake.

I'm glad to see them all in action. As far as Bieber goes, like him or not, he is THE man right now. Time will tell if he thrives as a star.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 1, 2011 23:33

ineedadrink
so he was talking to justin bieber. big deal.

He's telling him to stay away from his daughters.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 00:34

proudmary
Mick seems to be edging into the Hollywood elite in the last few years....really shoozing. DOesn't seem have the Stones on his mind at all.

Mick has rubbing elbows with hollywood elite for decades and he has way more time on his hands that most of us to think about the Stones.[/quote]

Mick has always known and rubbed shoulders with stars, but mostly through the haze of the crazy nightlife (ie, Nicholson, Beatty etc..)but Jagger was never part of the Hollywood in-crowd. He's been a regular at the Vanity Fair party for only the last five. We all know Jagger is serious about producing films and he seems to be directing his social strata toward Hollywood more than before. Mick hasn't fluttered around LA this much since the early-mid 70s. Hollywood might have come to his concerts, and Mick occasionally caroused with Nicholson for women in the wilder hangouts.... but now he's establishing ties to Hollywood establishment.[/quote]

Not so much,stupidguy2.
"...Although many A-list stars from film, TV, music and publishing/media reguarly attend the event (and some stars are there practically every year), Jagger has been more selective about his attendance. He previously attended the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2006 and 2009, each time accompanied by his longtime girlfriend L’Wren Scott, who was his date again this year".
quote]

No argument there. Mick has been buzzing around Hollywood for decades, he's Mick Jagger. But I just meant that Mick and L'wren seem to have established some real ties to Hollywood establishment in the last few years. In the past, Jagger had his A-list buddies, but those were the wilder times and it was rare that you saw Mick at a bonafied Hollywood event, and when you did, it was a big deal. There was the time Mick attended a Cagney tribute with Lennon and May Pang in the early 70s....parties at various Beverly Hills homes in the 70s, a few Oscar parties over the years, but not so officially ....legitimately.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-02 00:48 by stupidguy2.

Date: March 2, 2011 00:40

Rip This
Micks was actually sitting at the table. He was at Graydon Carter's table with Fran Leibowitz and Barry Diller, Dianne Von Furstenberg. Carter is the editor in chief of Vanity Fair and he hosts the annual aprty.

Yeah, these people are not new Hollywood buddies, they're old friends. Leibowitz, Diller and DVF is one of Bianca's close friends, and Jade's godmother, so he's at home with this group. But I just meant that its never been such a VIP thing. Now it is. That's the difference.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 2, 2011 01:08

stupidguy2
[www.gettyimages.com]#

Mick with Justin and Selena, Mick with Sandra, Mick with Downey Jr., Mick with old friends like Fran, Diane...
Does anyone remember Mick being this social?

I don't want to start any rumors, but is L'Wren preggers? I'm not saying she's fat, but looks like there might be a little baby bump there......just sayin....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-02 01:10 by Brue.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 2, 2011 01:17

stupidguy2
Rip This

Yeah, these people are not new Hollywood buddies, they're old friends. Leibowitz, Diller and DVF is one of Bianca's close friends, and Jade's godmother, so he's at home with this group. But I just meant that its never been such a VIP thing. Now it is. That's the difference.
VIP? it's the oscars. EVERYONE is out partying. i wouldn't be surprised if paris hilton was at that party. or some loser from "jersey shore". hell, pauly shore was probably there too.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:24

ineedadrink
VIP? it's the oscars. EVERYONE is out partying. i wouldn't be surprised if paris hilton was at that party. or some loser from "jersey shore". hell, pauly shore was probably there too.

no he wasn't.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:46

Brue
stupidguy2
[www.gettyimages.com]#

Mick with Justin and Selena, Mick with Sandra, Mick with Downey Jr., Mick with old friends like Fran, Diane...
Does anyone remember Mick being this social?

I don't want to start any rumors, but is L'Wren preggers? I'm not saying she's fat, but looks like there might be a little baby bump there......just sayin....

She's had that look before. I'd say, she's either:
A. Preggers
B. That time of the month
C. Full
D. Bulemic
E. Carrying any "weight" in her belly area

I suspect E, but whatever it is, it won't affect my life in any way. Except, I'd be excited if she was pregnant.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:48

dead.flowers
Munichhilton

Is Mick drinking his young blood, or asking to collaborate?

Is Justin Bieber really that short or is Mick wearing his super high heels?

I like those pics. It looks like Justin is telling Mick something important in the first, and in the second--the passing of the torch.

Date: March 2, 2011 04:01

See what you started Brue, that is a bit of a stomach.
Then again, she's in her early 40s...most women, and men, are going to get a "middle" at some point. No matter how thin they are.
Can you imagine another Jaggerling?
I remember when it was just one and that was a novelty... (this was before I knew about Karis)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2011 07:44

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 2, 2011 07:59

>Mick was at the same table with Fran Lebowitz, not so bad a company.

Alas the photo didn't show up for me (can you provide a link?) but it's interesting info as I've always read she was more a friend of Keith (via Patti) than Mick. Then again, she was a friend of Jed Johnson, who was Mick & Jerry's interior decorator in the 80s, so there probably is a lot of history.

Date: March 2, 2011 08:05

.........'ere ya go GLAM .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 2, 2011 08:10

You rock, Rockman!

Date: March 2, 2011 08:29

Micko with George Hamilton...............

ROCKMAN

Date: March 2, 2011 09:00

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 2, 2011 10:08

MJ is capable of everything just to be and look cool...............big difference with KR.
I can't imagine a KR photo with JBieber

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 2, 2011 14:25

Mick looks fantastic. Great to see him out and about enjoying himself!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: March 2, 2011 15:26

If it were 1967 Jagger wouldn't have been there at all. Mick can thank Bianca for introducing him to the social hob nob world. I wonder if Jagger asked Barry Diller if he should buy GE stocks?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 2, 2011 15:50

1967 was 44 years ago.....

Times do change.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 2, 2011 17:46

probably won't be long before Justin Bieber records and releases a Stones song...whichever one Mick was telling him to do..

cool smiley

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 18:06

Rip This
ineedadrink

no he wasn't.

Pauly Shore is dead.

[www.imdb.com]

Oh wait, no he isn't.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 2, 2011 18:08

stones78
Rip This
ineedadrink

no he wasn't.

Pauly Shore is dead.

[www.imdb.com]

Oh wait, no he isn't.
Just his career is.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 2, 2011 19:24

All these photographers want him to look good, they
know who he is. No one has the aim to ridicule him.
Great shots all the way.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home