Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Gino Washington in Toronto
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 11, 2014 05:19

I apologize If this is too O/T. I mean no harm.
However, I know a lot of folks here are from the Toronto area, so I wanted to give notice of very special show Saturday that will appeal to those who grew up on 60s R&B and Northern Soul fans.

The Motor City's very own Gino Washington is playing at the Horseshoe Taver ( the one and the same) on Saturday for a measly $10.

This 68 year old soul man is the type of Do It Till You Drop bluesman Keith reveres. He barely tours anymore so this is a very rare chance to see a link to a history that's fading fast.

Here is a brief bio from Wikipedia:
George "Gino" Washington (born 1946?) is an African American R&B and rock singer from Detroit, Michigan with cross-racial appeal. While attending Pershing High School, he achieved local hits in 1963 and 1964: "Out of This World" and "Gino Is a Coward".[1] To his credit, he was the first artist signed to Ric-Tic Records.[2] In 1964 he was drafted into the U.S. Army, serving in Japan and South Vietnam; upon return his music career stalled. He hosted his own variety television show in Detroit during the 1970s.

Show details
[www.horseshoetavern.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-11 05:23 by andrewt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home