Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Musician Yusef Lateef RIP Was Brian Jones A Fan?
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:06

A friend of mine sent me a link to Yusef Lateef's obituary in the New York Times. He told me that he think he remembered reading somewhere a long time ago that Brian Jones was a great admirer of Yusef Lateef's. Has any poster on this site ever read an interview that Brian did where he talks about this guy? It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Brian Jones was into him. While I was reading the article it reminded me of Brian. Can anyone confirm Brian's admiration of him.

Rob

Here's his obituary.

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 05:11 by originalstones.

Re: Musician Yusef Lateef RIP Was Brian Jones A Fan?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:00

Can't recall reading about Brian liking him, but I know I do. He was an influence for me when I used to play flute and sax.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: January 4, 2014 09:56

Can't confirm if Brian admired him but we saw him in New Orleans '70s & heard a great show! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 5, 2014 01:28

Many thanks for this and the NYT obituary, as I didn't know Yusef Lateef had died and nor did I know too much about his life. I have no idea whether Brian liked him - though I can imagine he would have done - but I do know I have a couple of his albums and used to play to death the one called In A Temple Garden. And I enjoyed seeing him play live just once. I'm pleased to know he lived such a long and fulfilled life and must go and dig out those albums.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 5, 2014 02:24

Lately I'm not impressed by any kind of music...................but this one confused smiley made my day...thanks for posting ..............

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 5, 2014 04:02

His Majesty
Can't recall reading about Brian liking him, but I know I do. He was an influence for me when I used to play flute and sax.

Majesty, just curious, do you still play or did you stop altogether?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home