Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Eel Pie Island Memories
Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: December 14, 2013 17:26

This site is of some interest to Stones fans and others - if you haven't seen it before.

Dedicated to the legendary EEL Pie Island Hotel where the Stones and many others played back in the early sixties..Beck, Clapton,Stewart etc..

You may remember I made some attempt to describe the Eel Pie club in my book. This site has quite a few pictures of the place, including the toll footbridge. It also has many stories and pictures featuring some of the people who used to go there at the time, along with stories of the Ealing Club and Richmond.

Site at
[www.eelpie.org]

Memories Page
[www.eelpie.org]

Quite a few pages to get thru on the site. Also has some pictures of the L'Auberge restaurant where we would go for a meal after the Richmond gig - the site of the first meeting with Andrew Oldham.

Phelge

Phelge's Stones [www.jamesphelge.com]

Re: Eel Pie Island Memories
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 14, 2013 20:16

Does anybody saw this film?

[eelpieislandmusic.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 14, 2013 20:33

Where can you see the film?

And in 2014 this book will be published: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 14, 2013 20:46

Here's a short documentary about Eel Pie Island, produced in 1967:

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 14, 2013 21:16

Nice post.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 15, 2013 01:16

JamesPhelge00
This site is of some interest to Stones fans and others - if you haven't seen it before.

Dedicated to the legendary EEL Pie Island Hotel where the Stones and many others played back in the early sixties..Beck, Clapton,Stewart etc..

You may remember I made some attempt to describe the Eel Pie club in my book. This site has quite a few pictures of the place, including the toll footbridge. It also has many stories and pictures featuring some of the people who used to go there at the time, along with stories of the Ealing Club and Richmond.

Site at
[www.eelpie.org]

Memories Page
[www.eelpie.org]

Quite a few pages to get thru on the site. Also has some pictures of the L'Auberge restaurant where we would go for a meal after the Richmond gig - the site of the first meeting with Andrew Oldham.

Phelge

These are the days that at the time I used to read about and dream of attending. Thanks for the links. :-)

Posted by: belubettlo ()
Date: December 16, 2013 15:28

Eel Pie Island Hotel - Paul Jones, BBC R4

Lead singer with Manfred Mann, Paul Jones looks back at the colourful history of The Eel Pie Island Hotel in Twickenham. In the late 1800s, Charles Dickens described the hotel as a 'place to dance to the music of the locomotive band'.
In the 1950s crowds flocked to the free jazz club that the hotel became, and in the '60s it became a regular haunt of R&B musicians, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Yardbirds, The Who, and many a barefooted hippy tempted over the bridge by the promise of a free party.
Demolished in a mysterious fire in 1971, the hotel's history is preserved in the stories, poems and songs of the old islanders and musicians who played there - like George Melly, Ian McLagan and Ronnie Wood.

Download

28 min @ 48kbps.
Broadcast 3 Feb. '07, BBC R4

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2013 15:46

Cristiano Radtke
Here's a short documentary about Eel Pie Island, produced in 1967:

thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 16, 2013 18:57

Eel Pie Club also has some great gigs at The Cabbage Patch Pub and Twickenham venues during the Year.
Always a good Sunday afternoon of music June/July time in the summer outside The Barmy Arms pub by the bridge to the Island.
They organised that great Sunday of music for Art Wood tribute when our Ronnie was there. winking smiley

Eel Pie Club

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home