Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Jagger wedding footage
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 7, 2011 07:56

As usual, Keith was really looking after Mick.

Date: September 7, 2011 08:29

I believe I see some of Anita's "goodie"? WOW. I'm with ya Rockman

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 15:24

uhbuhgullayew
The vid referred to it as the Chapel on the Hill - anyone know the exact name of the church / chapel or is that it?

Chapelle Sainte Anne.
Great view from the top of the hill,

Pictures :
[www.monnuage.fr]

video :
[dvoeoyz5zk9p0.cloudfront.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 15:27 by Massimo68.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 15:37

Nice picture of Anita!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 15:55

Nazi Iron Cross tied to the belt :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 15:56 by Massimo68.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 7, 2011 16:01

Massimo68
uhbuhgullayew
The vid referred to it as the Chapel on the Hill - anyone know the exact name of the church / chapel or is that it?

Chapelle Sainte Anne.
Great view from the top of the hill,

Pictures :
[www.monnuage.fr]

video :
[dvoeoyz5zk9p0.cloudfront.net]

Many thanks Massimo!

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: September 7, 2011 20:25

I know the guys think Anita looks hot and she was still pretty but she looks kind of skuzzy, like she needs a shower (and a bikini wax as well).

I remember reading that Mick and Bianca actually got locked out of the Church for a few moments and were totally terrified they were being clawed at by the paps and public with no one around to help.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 7, 2011 20:39

LillithFlair
I know the guys think Anita looks hot and she was still pretty but she looks kind of skuzzy, like she needs a shower (and a bikini wax as well).

I like a little dirt myself, as well as some hair... She definitely looks hot to me. smileys with beer

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 7, 2011 21:18

Sleepy City
LillithFlair

I like a little dirt myself, as well as some hair... She definitely looks hot to me. smileys with beer

glad brazilian waxes weren't the trend then. fan of the short & curlies.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2011 22:25

LillithFlair

thumbs up I love the way you think and post smiling smiley

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:01

Way I'm learning WAAAY more about you guys than I thought I would.

And Max's you're a sweetpea as usual. smiling smiley

Date: September 8, 2011 00:07

LillithFlair
Way I'm learning WAAAY more about you guys than I thought I would.

And Max's you're a sweetpea as usual. smiling smiley

aww shucks Lilith, thanks... but I am just saying the truth.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:24

LillithFlair

I was going to say something, but didn't want it to sound.....vulgar. ANita, who was very lovely then, looks nasty here.

Date: September 8, 2011 01:03

stones78
It seems that Keith really enjoyed the reception. Carl Radle, the Derek & The Dominos' bass player is next to Bill Wyman:

[anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

The whole picture is just so...unfortunate, LOL. I mean, Keith is not the only one passed out. But what a vibe for a wedding...Nicky is in some zone behind smoke clouds; Is Carl Radle playing air drums?

Date: September 8, 2011 03:24

Palace Revolution 2000
stones78
It seems that Keith really enjoyed the reception. Carl Radle, the Derek & The Dominos' bass player is next to Bill Wyman:

[anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

The whole picture is just so...unfortunate, LOL. I mean, Keith is not the only one passed out. But what a vibe for a wedding...Nicky is in some zone behind smoke clouds; Is Carl Radle playing air drums?

lol...
Keith and Anita just look so ....pathetic. Its not a good photo, not even in some rock and roll decadence way.

Date: September 8, 2011 03:35

This website really has some interesting photos (154 of them), captions and history [anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

e.g.
""Appearing at a London court on drug possession charges stemming from a June bust at their Cheyne Walk home. Keith was found guilty of possession of cannabis, heroin, mandrax and unregistered guns, and fined and given a conditional discharge.""

""At Joshua Tree National Park looking for UFOs."" [anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

""Entering the Holtel Bolivar after getting thrown out of the Holtel Crillon for refusing management's "request that they dress more properly." ""

""In the kitchen of Villa Nellcôte""

etc etc etc

Thanks for sharing your pictures Anita smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 03:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 8, 2011 04:28

[www.bloomberg.com]

I remember reading an interview with Mapplethorpe where he said that of all the photos he took, this one, of Mick and Bianca, was his personal favorite because, he said, he caught a private moment, like they were sharing a secret.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 04:31 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 8, 2012 17:39

Max'sKansasCity
This website really has some interesting photos (154 of them), captions and history [anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

e.g.
""Appearing at a London court on drug possession charges stemming from a June bust at their Cheyne Walk home. Keith was found guilty of possession of cannabis, heroin, mandrax and unregistered guns, and fined and given a conditional discharge.""

""At Joshua Tree National Park looking for UFOs."" [anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

""Entering the Holtel Bolivar after getting thrown out of the Holtel Crillon for refusing management's "request that they dress more properly." ""

""In the kitchen of Villa Nellcôte""

etc etc etc

Thanks for sharing your pictures Anita smiling smiley

Hi Max, yeah it's a great site but it's put up by some fans. It's not Anita's site and although there is little doubt she's looked at the photos, she' not the one to thank for posting them.

Thanks SwayStones for this picture post. peace

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 8, 2012 20:41

LillithFlair

Well it was a different time, no? Compared to many of the other ladies at that time she looks downright girl next door. Keith is obviously resting in the arms of Morpheus, but even as such is one cool cat.

These days it's all a different scene, for instance at the Lillith Fair, not too long past. I remember during one of the shows me and my partner in crime (musically speaking) had the great idea to create a "hippy chick clean up bus". Park it at the back of the show and charge boyfriends a few dollars to stick their girls in one end and out the other pops the remade cleaned up , dreds gone, bikini waxed, showered and silked goddess they always wanted. Keith probably would have been the first one in line in the later day Anita years. ....lol . btw: I love Anita, now and then and this was all just a joke that had the crew laughing for the whole of that summer. Everytime we saw a candidate the inside joke was...."where is the confounded bus? peace

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 10, 2012 09:15

Anita was described as dirty-looking by Cecil Beaton as far back as 1967 in Morocco. Keith said in Life that he rarely bathes. They both let their teeth go so that at Nellcote, Anita had missing teeth according to June Shelley. Spanish Tony also mentions Anita's missing teeth when she came back from Jamaica in the mid-70s. And the pictures speak for themselves. Heroin addicts are known for abandoning self-care, although Anita was not an addict in 1967.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 11, 2012 04:51

This should have been the cover of Life

Date: March 11, 2012 05:31

Bliss
Anita was described as dirty-looking by Cecil Beaton as far back as 1967 in Morocco. Keith said in Life that he rarely bathes. They both let their teeth go so that at Nellcote, Anita had missing teeth according to June Shelley. Spanish Tony also mentions Anita's missing teeth when she came back from Jamaica in the mid-70s. And the pictures speak for themselves. Heroin addicts are known for abandoning self-care, although Anita was not an addict in 1967.

At what point did Keith lose his teeth. I've always wondered about that.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:23

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:33

stupidguy2

Keith had a major renovation of his teeth in Switzerland between october and december 1974 -
i don't think it counts as "losing his teeth", though; nor do i know when he got his first implants (if that's what you mean).
why don't you ask him youself, stupidguy2? i think it would go over big as an "ask Keith" question, especially from you :E
here's the link: [www.keithrichards.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 10:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:38

... and while i'm here: do we know who the lady is who's passed out behind Anita in that photo?
an early "what would Keith do" devotee, plainly, but does anyone recognize her?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 11, 2012 16:32

I would have thought Chris Jagger would have stood up for Mick. It was not an elopement. And as far as Anita goes, I never saw anything charming about her at all...she sure did have some kind of spell on that band back then! Yikes! There's sleazy and then there's Anita! Another whole level of slut..in my humble opinion...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 11, 2012 18:22

stupidguy2
Bliss

Poor Cecil Beaton - when the ageing style guru met sexy young Mick Jagger it was love at first sight, as his uncut diaries now reveal
[www.thesundaytimes.co.uk]
March 1967
On the Tuesday evening I came down to dinner very late and to my surprise, sitting in the hall, discovered Mick Jagger and a sleepy-looking band of gypsies.
"Where is my friend the art dealer?" I asked. Robert F, wearing a huge black felt hat and bright emerald brocade coat, was coughing by the pool. He recovered and invited me to join the others for a drink and then for an evening out.
It was a strange group, three "Stones", Brian Jones and his girlfriend, beatnik-dressed Anita Pallenberg, dirty white face, dirty blackened eyes, dirty canary-yellow wisps of hair, barbaric jewellery. The drummer, Keith [Richards, who was not a drummer], an 18th-century suit, black long velvet coat and the tightest pants, and a group of hangers-on.
I was intent not to give the impression that I was only interested in Mick, but it happened that we sat next to one another as he drank a Vodka Collins and smoked with pointed fingers held high. His skin is chicken breast white and of a fine quality. He has enormous inborn elegance.
He would like to go to Kashmir, Afghanistan, would like to get away. England had become a police state, with police and journalists prying into your lives. Recently 20 policemen had invaded the house of the drummer in the country to search it for dope. The papers had written completely false accounts. He was going to sue the News of the World.
He'd done nothing to deprave the youth of the country. He liked to get away from the autograph hunters. Here people weren't curious or badly mannered. I noticed he used quite old words, he liked people who were permissive.

We went to a Moroccan restaurant, tiles, glasses, banquettes, women dancers. Mick preferred to be away from the other tourists. He is very gentle, with perfect manners. He indicated that I should follow his example and eat the chicken in my fingers. It was so tender and good.
He has much appreciation and his small albino-fringed eyes notice everything. "What marvellous authority she has," [he said] listening to a coloured singer. "She follows through." He sent his arms flying about him. I was fascinated with the thin concave lines of his body, legs, arms. Mouth almost too large, but he is beautiful and ugly, feminine and masculine, a "sport", a rare phenomenon.
I was not disappointed, and as the evening wore on found him easier to talk with.
We walked through the decorated midnight souks. He admired the Giacometti-like drawings, loved the old town, was sad at the sleeping bundles of humanity. Brian Jones said he had not seen such poverty since Singapore. Mick was full of appreciation for the good things we saw, the archways, the mysterious alleyways.

Mick talked of the struggles to success. It had seemed slow, those four years, and now it had come he didn't want anything more than a good car. He didn't want possessions. He would like a house somewhere with 30 acres. He wanted to work less. They'd worked so hard.
He'd arranged for his money to be paid over the next 30 years. He didn't want vast sums, but he had recently had fantastic offers to make films. One was intriguing. He'd be a Mexican with dark skin and curly hair, but he wouldn't appear as a pop singer.
The group [lay] around the swimming pool, eating a lot. Then we went sightseeing in the town, to the market square and the souks. While watching the native dancers Mick was convulsed by the rhythm, every fibre of his body responding to the intricacies. Likewise Brian, who was recording the music. Each of these Stones is utterly dedicated to the music they love; they are never tired of learning, of listening, of enjoying.
Mick intended to leave alone tomorrow (he finds travelling unpleasant, fills up on pills and becomes incredibly offhand). He said he'd like to see me in London and was pleased we'd been able to meet each other here.
There are moments when little is said but a few grunts, tough banalities, but much is sensed. I feel he is his real self. I watched him walk through the series of glass front doors of the hotel and look back for the driver, his hand on one side, the picture of grace and something very touching, tender and appealing about him.
I wonder what the future can bring to someone so incredibly successful at such an early stage. Will the hash wreck his life, or will it go up in the smoke of the atom bomb with all the rest of us?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2012 18:38

proudmary
stupidguy2
Bliss

Poor Cecil Beaton - when the ageing style guru met sexy young Mick Jagger it was love at first sight, as his uncut diaries now reveal
[www.thesundaytimes.co.uk]
March 1967
On the Tuesday evening I came down to dinner very late and to my surprise, sitting in the hall, discovered Mick Jagger and a sleepy-looking band of gypsies.
"Where is my friend the art dealer?" I asked. Robert F, wearing a huge black felt hat and bright emerald brocade coat, was coughing by the pool. He recovered and invited me to join the others for a drink and then for an evening out.
It was a strange group, three "Stones", Brian Jones and his girlfriend, beatnik-dressed Anita Pallenberg, dirty white face, dirty blackened eyes, dirty canary-yellow wisps of hair, barbaric jewellery. The drummer, Keith [Richards, who was not a drummer], an 18th-century suit, black long velvet coat and the tightest pants, and a group of hangers-on.
I was intent not to give the impression that I was only interested in Mick, but it happened that we sat next to one another as he drank a Vodka Collins and smoked with pointed fingers held high. His skin is chicken breast white and of a fine quality. He has enormous inborn elegance.
He would like to go to Kashmir, Afghanistan, would like to get away. England had become a police state, with police and journalists prying into your lives. Recently 20 policemen had invaded the house of the drummer in the country to search it for dope. The papers had written completely false accounts. He was going to sue the News of the World.
He'd done nothing to deprave the youth of the country. He liked to get away from the autograph hunters. Here people weren't curious or badly mannered. I noticed he used quite old words, he liked people who were permissive.

We went to a Moroccan restaurant, tiles, glasses, banquettes, women dancers. Mick preferred to be away from the other tourists. He is very gentle, with perfect manners. He indicated that I should follow his example and eat the chicken in my fingers. It was so tender and good.
He has much appreciation and his small albino-fringed eyes notice everything. "What marvellous authority she has," [he said] listening to a coloured singer. "She follows through." He sent his arms flying about him. I was fascinated with the thin concave lines of his body, legs, arms. Mouth almost too large, but he is beautiful and ugly, feminine and masculine, a "sport", a rare phenomenon.
I was not disappointed, and as the evening wore on found him easier to talk with.
We walked through the decorated midnight souks. He admired the Giacometti-like drawings, loved the old town, was sad at the sleeping bundles of humanity. Brian Jones said he had not seen such poverty since Singapore. Mick was full of appreciation for the good things we saw, the archways, the mysterious alleyways.

Mick talked of the struggles to success. It had seemed slow, those four years, and now it had come he didn't want anything more than a good car. He didn't want possessions. He would like a house somewhere with 30 acres. He wanted to work less. They'd worked so hard.
He'd arranged for his money to be paid over the next 30 years. He didn't want vast sums, but he had recently had fantastic offers to make films. One was intriguing. He'd be a Mexican with dark skin and curly hair, but he wouldn't appear as a pop singer.
The group [lay] around the swimming pool, eating a lot. Then we went sightseeing in the town, to the market square and the souks. While watching the native dancers Mick was convulsed by the rhythm, every fibre of his body responding to the intricacies. Likewise Brian, who was recording the music. Each of these Stones is utterly dedicated to the music they love; they are never tired of learning, of listening, of enjoying.
Mick intended to leave alone tomorrow (he finds travelling unpleasant, fills up on pills and becomes incredibly offhand). He said he'd like to see me in London and was pleased we'd been able to meet each other here.
There are moments when little is said but a few grunts, tough banalities, but much is sensed. I feel he is his real self. I watched him walk through the series of glass front doors of the hotel and look back for the driver, his hand on one side, the picture of grace and something very touching, tender and appealing about him.
I wonder what the future can bring to someone so incredibly successful at such an early stage. Will the hash wreck his life, or will it go up in the smoke of the atom bomb with all the rest of us?

Interesting read, thanks PM.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 11, 2012 18:41

i

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-23 01:07 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: January 22, 2013 13:59

Keith's tooth first began to chip away in fall 1967.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home