Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Alice Cooper
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 24, 2013 00:09

--spoke with him this week- funny how he'd bring groucho marx, jack benny, fred astaire and mae west to his shows smiling smiley

[webtalkradio.net]

Re: OT - Alice Cooper
Date: September 24, 2013 00:21

seeing him for the 4th time in october

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2013 00:27

I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me
......................... No More Mr Nice Guy

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 24, 2013 12:44

The telephone is ringin', you got me on the run...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 24, 2013 15:23

If he'd stopped doing drugs & drinking alltogther, I wonder if Keith would have been able to divorce his day to day self from his band persona as successfully as Vince has done ?

But I also wonder whether I'd have wanted him to .

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 24, 2013 16:05

She asked me why the singer's name was Alice...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 24, 2013 16:55

Why is the singer's name Alice?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 24, 2013 16:55

Spud
But I also wonder whether I'd have wanted him to .

I`ve always shrugged my head at Stones fans thinking like this. You sure this is a wise assumption?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 24, 2013 17:01

Max'sKansasCity
Why is the singer's name Alice?

Listen, baby, you really wouldn't understand.

Date: September 24, 2013 17:25

grinning smiley

....and now a song....

WHAT THE HECK!!! lets make it 2 songs... Ladadadada

'Cause they look just like humans at Kresges and Woolworths.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 24, 2013 17:37

"Be My Lover" = one of my favorite songs from my junior high years. Still love it.

"magnifying glance"

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 24, 2013 17:53

Elmo Lewis
"Be My Lover" = one of my favorite songs from my junior high years. Still love it.

"magnifying glance"

That entire album "Killer" is a classic

Side One
1."Under My Wheels" (Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway, Bob Ezrin) - 2:51
2."Be My Lover" (Bruce) - 3:21
3."Halo of Flies" (Alice Cooper, Glen Buxton, Bruce, Dunaway, Neal Smith) - 8:22
4."Desperado" (Cooper, Bruce) - 3:30

Side Two
1."You Drive Me Nervous" (Cooper, Bruce, Ezrin) - 2:28
2."Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" (Cooper, Bruce) - 3:39
3."Dead Babies" (Cooper, Buxton, Bruce, Dunaway, Smith) - 5:44
4."Killer" (Bruce, Dunaway) - 6:57

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: September 24, 2013 19:08

Max'sKansasCity
grinning smiley

....and now a song.... WHAT THE HECK!!! lets make it 2 songs... Ladadadada

Generation Landslide is my all-time favorite Alice song...from the first time I heard it in '73 when I was 8 years old!

Date: September 24, 2013 19:39

Jah Paul
Max'sKansasCity
grinning smiley

....and now a song.... WHAT THE HECK!!! lets make it 2 songs... Ladadadada

Generation Landslide is my all-time favorite Alice song...from the first time I heard it in '73 when I was 8 years old!

smileys with beer ...and we were destined for a life of rocking and rolling and what an awesome ride it is

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 21:16

I'll be seeing Alice again in a couple months when he plays in Abbotsford near Vancouver. I just saw him late last year in Vancouver. His current band is awesome, with three guitarists. Ryan Roxie has been with him off and on for quite a while, Orianthi is considered the best female guitarist in the world and Tommy Henricksen is good and very energetic on stage.
I see he's also playing a couple shows in northern Alberta, too. Take advantage of all those people with lots of money working in the oilfields!
Alice always puts on a good show and I notice that for a guy his age, he does quite a few consecutive night shows. Pretty much all other bands that have been around as long as he has will play every other night but rarely back to back and never three nights in a row in different cities!
On Be My Lover, Mike Bruce wrote the song so it's the girl asking him why the singer's name is Alice! You can see that he wrote or co wrote all the songs on Killer.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: September 24, 2013 21:36

I'm seeing Alice in November in Nanaimo, a smallish town about two hours up the road from us. It's pretty cool that he's doing two nights in a pretty small theatre and we have front row seats, as well as a possible line on getting backstage afterwards. Very stoked! Haven't seen him since '87, which was with the crappy Kane Roberts-led band.

Date: September 24, 2013 21:56

Hey andrewm, I'm guessing you live in Victoria? How big is that theatre in Nanaimo? I was surprised when I saw he was doing 2 shows in Nanaimo. Wonder why he's not playing the arena there? I was row 5 at the Queen E in Vancouver last year, great time!

Date: September 24, 2013 22:00

Hey DGA, the promoter is from Victoria (yes, that's where I am) but couldn't find a venue here willing to deal with the pyro, apparently. I think he probably felt the arena was too big, although it only holds 7500 or so. I think the Port Theatre holds 1500-2000, something like that. Same promoter put the Beach Boys (or the Mike Love Band, if you like) on there recently. Nice that it's in Nanaimo so we'll be able to drive back down here that night and be home by 1 am. or so.

Date: September 25, 2013 00:04

Abbotsford Event Centre is about the same size as the Save On Foods Arena in Victoria, but for this show, it's a concert bowl set up where the stage between centre ice and the blue line so not even half the venue. He doesn't use that much pyro compared to KISS, who were in Victoria recently.

Date: September 25, 2013 00:26

Yep, Alice's pyro would have been fine for the Arena here, but I think the promoter is fairly small-time and hasn't put anything on at the Arena. Probably would have been prohibitively expensive/risky for him. He did do Bad Company outdoors here a few weeks ago and I don't know how well it did.

Date: September 25, 2013 00:33

Elmo Lewis

"magnifying glance"

my favorite alice cooper tune

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 25, 2013 00:40

Saw Alice in Vancouver in the seventies where he fell off the stage climbing into his huge toy box. Fell onto the metal barrier and broke a bunch of ribs and sliced his head open. Fans were grabbing at him and tearing his clothes off...

Saw him later talk about it on Johnny Carson where he said it was the scariest performance of his career. Welcome to my Nightmare, I believe was the tour.

Came back out after a lengthy delay to sing "Only Women Bleed", with a bloody towel wrapped around his (concussioned) head.

Great show, Suzie Quatro opened and I believe did a couple numbers while he got taped up etc..

Good times...

Posted by: Des ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:10

andrewm
Hey DGA, the promoter is from Victoria (yes, that's where I am) but couldn't find a venue here willing to deal with the pyro, apparently. I think he probably felt the arena was too big, although it only holds 7500 or so. I think the Port Theatre holds 1500-2000, something like that. Same promoter put the Beach Boys (or the Mike Love Band, if you like) on there recently. Nice that it's in Nanaimo so we'll be able to drive back down here that night and be home by 1 am. or so.

The Port only has 804 seats and is the main reason I'm not going. Front row, in your face, straining your neck. Your best seats in a sloped theatre like this are rows 8 to 12 and as centred as possible. Pyro will be real interesting, don't get burned! I had 2nd row for BB in March and the venue fits a band of that size and volume. Skipped Beach Boys, would just be too much for venue.

As a side note was it not Alice and Kiss that slammed the hippie bands of the sixties as too boring, they wanted something to look at.

Date: September 25, 2013 01:13

Hey MrDDDD, that was the Welcome To My Nightmare tour! I was too young to go but I was a big AC fan. I think he was taken to Royal Columbian hospital in New West afterwards.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:22

MisterDDDD
Saw Alice in Vancouver in the seventies where he fell off the stage climbing into his huge toy box. Fell onto the metal barrier and broke a bunch of ribs and sliced his head open. Fans were grabbing at him and tearing his clothes off...

Saw him later talk about it on Johnny Carson where he said it was the scariest performance of his career. Welcome to my Nightmare, I believe was the tour.

He found out what that chicken went through.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-25 03:45 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: September 25, 2013 03:06

ballad of Dwight frye classic

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 25, 2013 11:19

Alice still rocks hard. Seen him every year since 2000. got tickets for his orchestra gig next year in Mannheim. A little disappointed his whole band isn't included, but at least Orianthi is there. Maybe her time to shine?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 25, 2013 13:07

I like his romantic rock ballads best, "Cadaver eyes upon me see...nothing".

Date: September 25, 2013 14:26

frankotero
Alice still rocks hard. Seen him every year since 2000. got tickets for his orchestra gig next year in Mannheim. A little disappointed his whole band isn't included, but at least Orianthi is there. Maybe her time to shine?
Every year! That is awesome! That is a great annual evening of rock and roll. Alice may now have the title "hardest working/rocking man in show biz".

OT - Alice Cooper show tonight
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 27, 2013 09:27

FANTASTIC - has anyone seen him lately?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home