Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Would Brian Jones like the Tongue and Lips logo??
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:25

What do you think? Since he never saw ir we can only especulate. I think that he would like it....

Re: Would Brian Jones like the Tongue and Lips logo??
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:44

Seeing how he was no longer in the band I think he would have hated it purely because it was something from the band without him in it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2013 20:15

He would have despised it. That's not blues, it's shoes.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:25

What is an interesting question but it has too many IFs,

In short, IF Brian Jones had stayed in the Rolling Stones, they probably would have still eventually gotten their own label like some of the other groups, so perhaps would that have effected what became Rolling Stones records??

TomSea in the mini-league tournaments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-16 22:28 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:31

Id be willing to bet that the same folks here who hated and ranted about the gorilla would also hate the now famous Stones Tongue if it was introduced today. I for one liked (and chuckled at) the Gorilla upon first view, and of course I think the tongue is a great trademark, and I would like it if it came out today.

So another question would be....

Would old Stones fans like the Tongue and Lips logo if it was introduced today??

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:49

Brian says thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Date: November 16, 2013 23:24

The licks logo seems to be centralised on Jagger, I like him but it's a band after all. Would have been cool to do something like a bulldog and Union Jack.

Or even the Millwall Lion.

Which obviously, has similarities to the Bridges to Babylon cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-16 23:28 by BroomWagon.

Date: November 16, 2013 23:42

But dont they need something that is protected as a unique trademark?

Is it true that they have full time lawyers who protect that tongue logo?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 17, 2013 00:44

I think that had he remained in the band, Brian would have been far too concerned about the direction the music was taking than to have an opinion on some logo put in place to market the band. It's like asking, Would Brian have liked the covers of Sticky Fingers and Exile? I doubt such things would have concerned him.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 17, 2013 00:59

Max'sKansasCity
Id be willing to bet that the same folks here who hated and ranted about the gorilla would also hate the now famous Stones Tongue if it was introduced today. I for one liked (and chuckled at) the Gorilla upon first view, and of course I think the tongue is a great trademark, and I would like it if it came out today.

Would old Stones fans like the Tongue and Lips logo if it was introduced today??

As a hater and ranter, also a veteran (not old, FFS) Stones fan, I say gorilla thumbs downthumbs down, tongue thumbs up. And since Keith wears the tongue on his shoes all the time, it's obviously no longer just a Jagger thing. (It was actually a perfect logo for the Stones, sticking their tongue out at authority, etc.)

Also, bulldog thumbs down, Millwall thumbs downthumbs down.

As for Brian Jones, I have no idea, and agree he probably wouldn't have cared much.

Date: November 17, 2013 01:03

Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

As a hater and ranter, also a veteran (not old, FFS) Stones fan, I say gorilla thumbs downthumbs down, tongue thumbs up. And since Keith wears the tongue on his shoes all the time, it's obviously no longer just a Jagger thing. (It was actually a perfect logo for the Stones, sticking their tongue out at authority, etc.)

As for Brian Jones, I have no idea, and agree he probably wouldn't have cared much.

Thank you for voting...
here is your reward>>>

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2013 01:59

Stones tongue ....

Second most recognizable logo in da world after the Golden Arches

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 17, 2013 02:05

Rockman
Stones tongue ....

Second most recognizable logo in da world after the Golden Arches

Wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-17 02:05 by tatters.

Date: November 17, 2013 02:13

What is that? Some kind of garden of eden thng?

Date: November 17, 2013 02:20

Yeah tatters ya probably right ...the survey was from a few years
ago and since then that monster has chewed up everything in it's sight.....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2013 02:28

Max'sKansasCity
Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

Thank you for voting...
here is your reward>>>

Thank you, but I already had one of those, it's election day here in Louisiana. Can I have a free mug instead?

Date: November 17, 2013 02:43

Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity
Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

Thank you for voting...
here is your reward>>>

Thank you, but I already had one of those, it's election day here in Louisiana. Can I have a free mug instead?

Ummmm.... OK...
Lets see what we have left... ah... heres one..

Date: November 17, 2013 02:44

Date: November 17, 2013 03:18

Excellent choice, I'd never seen that one before. cool smiley And like the writer of the article says, "Now this is how you do a mugshot."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 17, 2013 03:25

Why wouldn't Brian like the tongue? If he had lived, and if he had still been in the band, he would have probably mellowed like the rest of them and learned to love the corporate $$$$$.

Hell, why not? That, and the fact that it's the coolest band logo ever.

Date: November 17, 2013 03:42

the coolest band logo ever.....Yep that's it in five words

ROCKMAN

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 17, 2013 04:25

People still come up to me and say "cool man I dig Kiss too!"...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: November 17, 2013 05:21

he'd hate them. the tongue and lips are very 70s. brian was very 60s.

Date: November 17, 2013 06:00

Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

thumbs downthumbs down

One thing will never change, Brian really invented the Stones, no one else did.

They took from Millwall already with the cover of Bridges to Babylon, don't know if it is actually a trademarked symbol.

Most recognized logos rather than just symbols makes it appear even Starbucks is more recognize... be good to see the hard data.

[zacjohnson.com]

Google too, blech. I almost never use google, I like the bing daily photo wallpaper though all-in-all, google is a better search engine but maybe not that much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-17 06:01 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 17, 2013 07:55

I haven't heard him complain about it. Maybe a psychic can make contact and confirm.

Date: November 17, 2013 09:36

BroomWagon

One thing will never change, Brian really invented the Stones, no one else did.

Is anybody disputing this? confused smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2013 17:53

Max'sKansasCity

Yes. Because the tongue is cool. The gorilla is stupid.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 17, 2013 18:27

Max'sKansasCity

The coolest logo ever.....but introducing it Stones Logo in 2013 it would be stupid ...who at the age of 50+ stick his tongue out? (what did I write!!!)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 17, 2013 19:20

NICOS
Max'sKansasCity

The coolest logo ever.....but introducing it Stones Logo in 2013 it would be stupid ...who at the age of 50+ stick his tongue out? (what did I write!!!)

Me. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 17, 2013 19:22

NICOS
Max'sKansasCity

The Tongue would have a better chance of a date than than the Gorilla. Not sure if Vampire teeth are sexy.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home