Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie wood, Art Exhibition!!
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 15, 2013 12:20

I was doing a bit of shopping yesterday in my hometown Cambridge (UK) and just happened to walk past a shop witha ronnie wood painting in the window, then secon look and founf the whole show was exhibiting Ronnies aart and also some Bob Dylan Art. Went in to have a look and chat with the guy in the shop, he told me of a larger exhibition that was in London and this was a smaller one that was distributed around the county in a few galleries.

The shop (Gallery) was Castle Galleries. There was between 12 and 20 paintings and sketches around and also a guitar. I was shown round on a one to one, what a brilliant find, just could't believe it.

I suppose there has been a thread on this somewhere but i must ha ve missed it. As for buying one well, anything up to half a million pounds so bit out of my price range, i asked about prints but only 150 of one @ £10,000 so again too much. I was told Ronnie doesn't like copies as it takes away the exlusivness. Also The Rolling stones corperation as a business has a say in this apparently.

I did manage to get him to sell me one on the only two catalogs tho so came away very happy.

Re: Ronnie wood, Art Exhibition!!
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 15, 2013 12:42

Theres quite a few exhibitions around Birmingham & solihull.

Not very fond of his new stuff to be honest, too glitzy for my liking.

I did like the ' under my thumb ' painting, but priced around thirty grand i think and like yourself way too much for my pockets.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 15, 2013 12:45

Nice surprise pgarof

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 21, 2013 12:36

I was in London yesterday (Sunday) and just walking from Covent Gardens along to Trafalger square and cut along a small street full of shops and happened to look in one of the windows and AGAIN it was the same Art Gallery chain, Castle Galleries, that i spotted in Cambridge a week earlier, they had mor of Ronnies paintings in there to look at also again some Bob Dylan ones.

I could have been anywhere in london that day but just happened to be there, that is so spooky but another nice find. Still far too expencive to buy anything tho' but nice to look.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home