Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Paul McCartney on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight (Oct. 7, 2013)
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:17

Set your recorders or get your caffeine ready. Or not.

Re: OT: Paul McCartney on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight (Oct. 7, 2013)
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:50

There's a sign on the road up ahead directing this thread into the Jimmy Kimmel thread.

[www.iorr.org]

EDIT: Ah well, guess not then. What do I know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 02:05 by stonehearted.

Date: October 7, 2013 23:26

I prefer James, but Paul will do.

Date: October 8, 2013 08:16

Paul seems to be slipping. Not much interest here.

Date: October 8, 2013 08:56

I don't know, the audience seems to love his quick wit. Great comedic timing in this clip, you've got to admit.

Date: October 8, 2013 09:00

Paul and Jimmy switch accents....

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 17:58

Was a great show. Save Us sounds fantastic.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:14

how ridiculous

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:16

JumpinJackOLantern
Yeah, he's gone from being totally awesome to just awesome. It must be from that huge burden of soon being overtaken by The Stones that only one person in this entire world talks about. What a strain on his career! Poor Paul sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:17

stonehearted
Paul and Jimmy switch accents....

I'm very sorry I missed this show...that was hysterical.

Date: October 8, 2013 18:55

He sings terrible

Date: October 8, 2013 19:10

mtaylor

He sings terrible

you speak terribly

Date: October 8, 2013 19:16

treaclefingers
mtaylor

He sings terrible

you speak terribly

He really sings horrendously bad

Date: October 8, 2013 19:17

mtaylor
treaclefingers
mtaylor

He sings terrible

you speak terribly

He really sings horrendously bad

OK, that's much better

Date: October 8, 2013 20:35

whitem8

Yes, first time I heard it I thought that it would have made for a strong Wings track with that mid-70s line-up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 8, 2013 20:38

I've said many times, its odd but the times Paul is on TV he usually doesn't sound as great. Either its because its only a few songs or he just hasn't been touring so he's not really totally there, many recent TV performances in the last 5 years are hit or miss. I'd say 75% are miss. Its not a knock to him, because then oddly enough when you see him at his own 2 or 3 hour show, he sounds phenomenal. Truly a different person than I saw 6 months ago on TV. I haven't seen the iHeart Radio video and I'm not sure this was the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if at an event like that he's not 100%. Just something I've noticed that any of these small sets he does on TV or internet he sounds a bit worse than when I actually see him on his tours.

Date: October 8, 2013 20:40

RollingFreak
I've said many times, its odd but the times Paul is on TV he usually doesn't sound as great. Either its because its only a few songs or he just hasn't been touring so he's not really totally there, many recent TV performances in the last 5 years are hit or miss. I'd say 75% are miss. Its not a knock to him, because then oddly enough when you see him at his own 2 or 3 hour show, he sounds phenomenal. Truly a different person than I saw 6 months ago on TV. I haven't seen the iHeart Radio video and I'm not sure this was the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if at an event like that he's not 100%. Just something I've noticed that any of these small sets he does on TV or internet he sounds a bit worse than when I actually see him on his tours.

His voice has gotten old and doesn't hold up as well. When I saw him in concert, he was generally strong but voice waivered on several songs.

I think that you're right, when he's 'warmed up' he's probably better, but it's not the old Paul from before, it's the OLD Paul from now.

Date: October 8, 2013 21:17

His own consert they can add some play-back - I've heard the rumours...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 8, 2013 21:28

mtaylor
During his own concerts they add some voice synching- I've heard the rumours...
Content and spelling corrected for clarity. Can you substantiate any of these rumors you have heard?

Date: October 8, 2013 22:15

stonehearted
I don't know, the audience seems to love his quick wit. Great comedic timing in this clip, you've got to admit.

I was speaking of the lack of responses to this thread.

I stayed up late to watch the show last night. It's always great to see Paul, but honestly I think he looked a little tired. Could have been jet lag, who knows?

As far as the new songs go neither of them were as good as many of the songs on his sons James new album. Maybe Paul should consider a career change here in a year or so and begin to coach his son on how to better relate with the media.

I think Paul would be the perfect manager for The Sons of the Beatles.

Date: October 8, 2013 22:27

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
Yeah, he's gone from being totally awesome to just awesome. It must be from that huge burden of soon being overtaken by The Stones that only one person in this entire world talks about. What a strain on his career! Poor Paul sad smiley

I was speaking of the lack of interest in this thread as of last night. Seems to be picking up a bit, however.

Listen, I am a huge fan of Paul and The Beatles. I have explained this many times. I saw the show last night. Even forced myself to stay awake long after my bedtime. I thought he was funny and witty as always, but I didn't think much of his two new songs. Most of James songs on his new album are better in my opinion and James has a better voice than his dad today. I thought Paul looked tired. Could have been jet lag?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 8, 2013 22:36

RollingFreak
I think TV is the worst medium for listening to music. If someone doesn't sound as good as they usually do (I'm talking sound-wise not performance-wise), it's not the performers fault. It's the mix. It's the format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 22:37 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: October 8, 2013 22:45

treaclefingers
RollingFreak

His voice has gotten old and doesn't hold up as well. When I saw him in concert, he was generally strong but voice waivered on several songs.

I think that you're right, when he's 'warmed up' he's probably better, but it's not the old Paul from before, it's the OLD Paul from now.

Yes, he suddenly appears old to me. Nothing wrong with that, but I didn't think much of his two new songs. I much prefer James at this point, but he does have to overcome his shyness. Paul is still a much much better interview though. Still has that Beatle wit going on.

Date: October 8, 2013 22:46

GumbootCloggeroo
RollingFreak
I think TV is the worst medium for listening to music. If someone doesn't sound as good as they usually do (I'm talking sound-wise not performance-wise), it's not the performers fault. It's the mix. It's the format.

Paul's voice is fading. Of course they can fix that in the studio and make him sound like a kid again.

Date: October 8, 2013 22:54

stonehearted
whitem8

Yes, first time I heard it I thought that it would have made for a strong Wings track with that mid-70s line-up

Stonehearted, just curious, have you listened to James McCartney's latest? If so, just wondering what you thought of it?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 8, 2013 22:58

Wow you're out in full force again tonight...

Date: October 8, 2013 23:03

Bastion
Wow you're out in full force again tonight...

And that bothers you? Or should I say annoys you?

Date: October 8, 2013 23:04

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
RollingFreak

Yes, he suddenly appears old to me. Nothing wrong with that, but I didn't think much of his two new songs. I much prefer James at this point, but he does have to overcome his shyness. Paul is still a much much better interview though. Still has that Beatle wit going on.

And do you know how he found that Beatle wit? He took a left at Greenland.

Date: October 8, 2013 23:07

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
RollingFreak

Don't care where he found it as long as he keeps it! I love the guy.

Date: October 8, 2013 23:36

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
RollingFreak

Don't care where he found it as long as he keeps it! I love the guy.

Did I stump you?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home