Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

From Out Of Nowhere...
Date: October 4, 2013 16:32

Haven't been on here in a long time, but thought I'd offer this up for some of you to dig on.

[soundcloud.com]

Re: From Out Of Nowhere...
Date: October 4, 2013 17:38

Apologies - this should've been OT...as I wrote: been a long time.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: October 4, 2013 17:58

thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2013 18:20

moonlightaffair
thumbs up

Glad you enjoyed it - feel free to download & share. No use in making the music if I'm not going to share it.

EDIT:

Some of you old timers might remember me from when I used to post as cosmoprim many moons ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 18:28 by The Ghost Of Good taste.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 4, 2013 19:37

cosmo, my old friend. One VERY knowledgeable guy about music. Glad ur back! thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2013 19:43

Elmo Lewis
cosmo, my old friend. One VERY knowledgeable guy about music. Glad ur back! thumbs up

Ah! I knew some of the old crew would still be here - bless you, Elmo. Lovely to be back, hope all was well in my absence. If you get a minute, check out some of the stuff I linked to - love to hear what you think.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 4, 2013 20:46

Will do!

Date: October 4, 2013 23:56

Who's still around, Elmo? I'm seeing lots of names I've never seen before.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:59

Welcome back smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 5, 2013 03:34

Rolling Hansie
Welcome back smileys with beer Cheers

Thanks, brother.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 5, 2013 17:37

Just listened to some of the tunes. Didn't like everything but some stuff is really good.The singing on Cover of Love even sounds quite Jaggeresqe lol.
What is your part in that band?

edit: Sometimes I like this kind of dry drum sound. What drums were used here?
In the 90's I played in a band that did a (rock) cover of Kiss too. Was a live favourite . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 17:50 by CousinC.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:06

In parts reminds me a bit of Lenny Kravitz early work. Maybe just cause diff. instruments played by one person; - or much sampling?

Date: October 6, 2013 17:52

CousinC
Just listened to some of the tunes. Didn't like everything but some stuff is really good.The singing on Cover of Love even sounds quite Jaggeresqe lol.
What is your part in that band?

edit: Sometimes I like this kind of dry drum sound. What drums were used here?
In the 90's I played in a band that did a (rock) cover of Kiss too. Was a live favourite . .

I've heard the Mick comparisons - it's almost an unconscious thing from listening to SO much Stones during my formative years as a singer. I'm playing lots of different things (sax,organ,guitar,drums,bass,vox)- For A Fool & Featuring Raekwon, I'm playing everything. Virtually every other song was recorded live in rehearsal spaces/studios. I'm singing on everything & playing guitar on most of it. There are different kits being played on different songs by 3 different drummers (including me), bass played by me, my wife, my best friend and my neighbor depending on the number. 3 different people on keys, 4 different guitarists - a rotating cast. Glad you liked some of it.

CousinC
In parts reminds me a bit of Lenny Kravitz early work. Maybe just cause diff. instruments played by one person; - or much sampling?

No sampling, except for the Wu-Tang sample screwed down on Featuring Raekwon. Outside of the 2 songs mentioned above, almost all of the music is one-take, live in the space, mics open in the room - hence the audible mistakes, laughter, calling out of chord changes, etc. Nice to hear the feedback - thanks, guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home