Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glastonbury on Palladia
Posted by: kwf ()
Date: August 22, 2013 21:29

"The Rolling Stones‘ June 29 appearance at the Glastonbury Festival this summer will headline a weeklong slate of special concert programs on the Palladia cable network. The Glastonbury special will also include performances by other artists, like Elvis Costello."

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Re: Glastonbury on Palladia
Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: August 22, 2013 22:12

They had everybody but the Stones on from Hyde Park a few weeks back on there.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 23, 2013 04:22

9/1 7PM...nice.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 23, 2013 13:55

will this be the entire stones set from start to finish ,or a highlights presentation?

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 14:57

@#$%& you wow cable for not haveing palladia angry smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 1, 2013 00:43

Palladia confirms that no full sets - Stones included, of course - will be aired during "Outdoor Week":

In most instances, full sets are not cleared for television. This is the case with all of our festival premieres this week. We're sorry you're disappointed! We appreciate you watching

[www.facebook.com]

Highlight show featuring the Stones will air tomorrow, September 1 at 7PM ET, and repeat at 1AM and 1PM September 2.

[www.palladia.tv]

STONES CANTONBURY On TV This weekend
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 30, 2013 19:58

Set up my DVR to tape the Stones at Catonbury(?) sorry if I misspelled that . It is playing this weekend on Palladium for those who get that channel. There are 5 different hours of concert footage from the whole festival but the Stones are on like hour 4 or 5. I will double check it an update this. Enjoy everyone.

Re: STONES CANTONBURY On TV This weekend
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 30, 2013 20:07

Glastonbury

It would be very good of you to correct your thread title so that BV doesn't have to.
(Go back to your original post, hit the "edit" button under it, change what you need to change and save.)

STONES (EXCUSE ME) GLASTONBURY On TV This weekend
Date: August 30, 2013 20:29

Hey I live on the other side of the pond. Give me a break . I don't know Glastonbury from Dinglebury .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-30 20:31 by headly123.

Re: STONES (EXCUSE ME) GLASTONBURY On TV This weekend
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 30, 2013 21:19

headly123
Hey I live on the other side of the pond. Give me a break . I don't know Glastonbury from Dinglebury .
this is truly a momentous occasion when i have the luxury of reading with my own eyes one of my favorite words Dinglebury .

Re: Glastonbury
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 30, 2013 21:30

I'm not giving you a hard time, headly. I'm letting you know what the name of the festival is.
You need to correct the title in your *first* post, though, for it to be changed in the message list.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 30, 2013 21:37

I was wondering why I did not see the Stones this summer! I went to Cantonbury, and the town was completely empty, nothing going on. All the while, they were playing in GLASTONBURY that same weekend! Darn!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 30, 2013 21:38

I'm with the Greek... Love the fact that I'm seeing "Dinglebury" on the web. Although in the home I grew up in it was a person as opposed to a place. I also think my dad pronounced it "Dingleberry"... Either way, Dinglebury Rocks!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 30, 2013 21:43

anybody know how much of the Stones performance will be broadcast on Palladia?

Date: August 30, 2013 21:45

Well I am glad that this post was hopefully informative and made someone laugh. Never underestimate the power of a good Dingleberry line.

And to with sssoul . You are right and I do stand corrected. I should have looked it up before I posted. My fault. I just saw it on the guide and didn't see anyone post about it so in my haste I just winged it. Along with the dingleberry to. hot smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:05

Cantonbury and Dinglebury are great little English villages.

I'm only guessing at that,but they sound very English to us Cockneys from London area. winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:10

crawdaddy
Cantonbury and Dinglebury are great little English villages.

I'm only guessing at that,but they sound very English to us Cockneys from London area. winking smiley

Yep - sure do. smileys with beer

For a moment there I thought they were playing one of those Hop Farm festivals.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:32

mr_dja
I'm with the Greek... Love the fact that I'm seeing "Dinglebury" on the web. Although in the home I grew up in it was a person as opposed to a place. I also think my dad pronounced it "Dingleberry"... Either way, Dinglebury Rocks!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Where I'm from 'dingleberries' are an affliction which are also known as 'cling ons'

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:36

Waiting for my dinglebury girl grinning smiley

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:43

Sunday Night 12:00 - 2:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) will have hours 4 & 5 of the 2013 Dingleberry Concert (Palladia TV)

I'm not sure when the Stones play during the concert but it seems in all likelyood it would be within those final two hours of the event.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-30 22:51 by Chris Fountain.

Date: August 30, 2013 22:44

Gazza are you from Vulcan ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2013 22:50

headly123
Gazza are you from Vulcan ?

Yes, captain. Have you ever seen my ears?

Date: August 30, 2013 22:55

One more thing - Palladia TV normally doesn't show entire individual concerts from "festival events." So don't expect to see the entire Stones concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-30 22:58 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: August 30, 2013 23:09

Chris Fountain
Sunday Night 12:00 - 2:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) will have hours 4 & 5 of the 2013 Dingleberry Concert (Palladia TV)

I'm not sure when the Stones play during the concert but it seems in all likelyood it would be within those final two hours of the event.

If you're able to check the info, it shows the Stones hour is actually the first one they are showing out of the bunch, then replaying it after the rest later on.

Date: August 30, 2013 23:16

StonesCat
Chris Fountain

If you're able to check the info, it shows the Stones hour is actually the first one they are showing out of the bunch, then replaying it after the rest later on.

Ok Thanks - That would be 8:00 PM, EDT Sunday Night.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 31, 2013 00:57

I'll set the DVR for the concert, thanks for the information. Don't think I'll be wanting to visit Dingleberry anytime soon.

[www.thefreedictionary.com]

Date: August 31, 2013 02:15

I was looking at the TV listing again. The Hour listed is just the Stones. I am sure it isn't the whole show. But later on in the morning the are showing the first parts again and NOT the Stones hour. So it is a one and done. At least for this weekend.

Date: August 31, 2013 22:21

It's not 8:00 p.m. eastern time. That's when they are playing " Hour 1 " !!

7:00 p.m. eastern time to 8:00 p.m. eastern time is listed as " Highlights from the U.K. Concert ; The Rolling Stones " !!!!

It is replayed from 1:00 a.m. eastern time (technically Monday morning) until 2:00 a.m. eastern time AFTER the broadcast of " Hour 5 " concludes @ 1:00 a.m. eastern time .

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: August 31, 2013 23:13

God help us if the stones do play Canterbury "cathedral"..lol.
They could probably get by with faraway eyes I suppose
Dough

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 1, 2013 00:20

For those who have missed it or were not able to receive the TV-broadcast: Glastonbury full show (2h:16min) as MPEG-2 Satellite feed smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home